I had verizon so long ago and i had nothing but issues with them. When i moved verizon didnt have good coverage up here so i switched to alltel which i thought was great. honestly best service i ever had then verizon took over now i dont get my bills mailed to my house and they turn my phone off and expect me to pay what they tell me i owe without letting me see it. when i go to the store to pay my bill they tell me to use the pay machine so i dont talk to anyone and if i have a ? about service or tech with my curve they tell me it would be faster to call 611 so i am in their store calling their customer service and still get nowhere. This has got to be the worst company to get service from and i hope they they fall to their knees with the ideas of monopolizing the cell phone industry!!!!!
    11-17-09 01:39 PM
    Pay the etf and go to sprint.
    11-17-09 01:41 PM
    As if it is the carrier's fault you didn't give them a working billing address. Then you continued to use their service & didn't "notice" you had not paid them anything.

Switch carriers - they will all do the same thing to poor credit risks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 01:48 PM
    Ive had nothing but a pleasant experience with Verizon since day 1 about 6 years ago.
    11-17-09 01:51 PM
    I agree with twins. Its not like you wouldn't notice that you didn't get a bill.

11-17-09 01:54 PM
    I, too, agree with Twins.

Frankly that's the lamest excuse people come up with when it comes to bills. You can't expect to get out of paying for service you KNEW that you had to pay for by saying "I didn't get a bill so I'm not paying it." You sign up for service with anything weather it be Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, or any other Wirless provider or a satalite or cable company. You don't pay your bill whether you recieve on or not you're going to get your service shut off and forced to pay the amount they want you too to get it turned back on.

IDEA: trying going paperless...they EMAIL you the bill or better yet try going online to view it.

Really you have no excuse to not pay your bill...you can see it verious ways including via their website...use those and your brain and you wouldn't have this problem with your service getting shut off.

Just my two cents.
    11-17-09 02:32 PM
    How could you not know when you're supposed to pay your bill? I have AT&T not VZW, but I have a number *729 that they gave me as a contact when I got the phone that let's me pay over the phone. I also have a number to check my remaining minutes.

I'm sure VZW has a number like that too that is preprogrammed into your contacts. So just call them up and pay!

11-17-09 02:41 PM
    You can always download my verizon to your blackberry,click on the first icon it tells you what you owe and when it is do. And what your last payment was. So if it says you owe 200 by Nov. 12 pay it, and you won't get you service turned off.... Isn't technology grand

11-17-09 02:56 PM
    I had verizon so long ago and i had nothing but issues with them. When i moved verizon didnt have good coverage up here so i switched to alltel which i thought was great. honestly best service i ever had then verizon took over now i dont get my bills mailed to my house and they turn my phone off and expect me to pay what they tell me i owe without letting me see it. when i go to the store to pay my bill they tell me to use the pay machine so i dont talk to anyone and if i have a ? about service or tech with my curve they tell me it would be faster to call 611 so i am in their store calling their customer service and still get nowhere. This has got to be the worst company to get service from and i hope they they fall to their knees with the ideas of monopolizing the cell phone industry!!!!!
    Oh so THAT is why VZW bought Alltel. They wanted BigJeff back. I get it now.
    11-17-09 03:01 PM
    Oh so THAT is why VZW bought Alltel. They wanted BigJeff back. I get it now.
    Didnt you get the memo
    11-17-09 03:09 PM
    I remember it now. Wow i have been so confused as to why VZW would do this. It is finally clear. Thank you.
    11-17-09 03:11 PM
    I remember it now. Wow i have been so confused as to why VZW would do this. It is finally clear. Thank you.
    hello, ever since this verizon took over alltel my phone sucks
    11-17-09 03:18 PM
    blue_and_bold and Jim from NW Pa, thank you for that heads up.

Thread cleaned.

To the OP: the suggestion to go to paperless billing is a grest one. Your bills will be emailed to you and you can set up automatic payments. i've been doing this for years and so have never missed a payment.

11-17-09 03:23 PM
    +1 on paperless billing...

Now, as for advice, go to another carrier. I have (both AT&T and Sprint), you'll be back. If not, great, good for you that you found another carrier that works for YOU. Majority come back.
    11-17-09 04:37 PM
    Just proactively pay your bill

novel concept

btw, he has an Alltel Curve...My Verizon app doesn't work with that
    11-17-09 04:39 PM
    Just proactively pay your bill

novel concept

btw, he has an Alltel Curve...My Verizon app doesn't work with that
    He could still have VZW email his bill. Couldn't miss it that way, and no issues with Alltel phone.

11-17-09 05:00 PM
    expect me to pay what they tell me i owe without letting me see it. when i go to the store to pay my bill they tell me to use the pay machine
    If you used the pay machine, wouldn't you then be able to see how much you owe and where the charges come from? The fact that you think this is Verizon's fault is outrageous.

When you see something in a store/supermarket with no pricetag on it, do you think its free?

Regardless of whether or not a physical bill arrives in your mailbox, don't you know how much it should be anyway? If your electric bill, for example, got lost in the mail one month, would you just skip it and say "Oh, I guess I got off free this time." A reasonable person would call and ask how much they owe and pay over the phone, etc.

No wonder you had the issues at the AT&T store with your credit (other post here). I can only imagine what other bills you have skipped out on. A child understands the concept of "No pay, no services."

If you can post in this forum, you can use online paperless billing, which for the record, Verizon makes VERY easy to use.

OK, I think I've wasted enough breath, er finger energy, on this post.
    11-17-09 05:04 PM
    Lets see here. You can see you bill online from a computer. You can see yopu balance from you Blackberry or just about any other VZW has. You can call and ask as well.

You can pay your bill by dialing 611, from your phone (#PMT)

This is no excuse
    11-17-09 05:04 PM
    VZW is fine and they will send you a text message or email when you statement is going to be available.
    11-17-09 05:05 PM
    Verizon Wireless makes it possible to get and pay your balance in several different ways. You can dial #PMT from your Verizon phone and get the balance and/or pay your bill. You can also log on to your MyVerizon account, which will have the same username/password as your MyAccout with Alltel...

Both of these options are MUCH faster and should be much more convenient for anyone than an old school paper bill...
    11-17-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD