I'd appreciate some other points of view on this one.

Older gentleman calls in, says he was on the phone with another rep, and the call dropped, wanted to know if I could put him in touch with the rep he was talking with. I ask him a few questions while digging through the ton of remarks.

The gentleman is disputing charges on his bill. Here's why.

Timeline starts back a couple of months ago. Customer gets a thank you letter for opening a My Verizon account. Why is this noteworthy? He doesn't have internet access or own a computer. He doesn't use one at his local library. He even asked family members if they knew anything about it. He calls in, the rep at that time un-registers the mtn and blocks it. Problem solved, neh?

So he thought as well.

A week and a half ago, the customer got another thank you letter, this was for him being a loyal VZW customer, and thanked him for his new line of service on his familyshare plan.

Customer was on a NW Basic 450 plan, or so he thought.

It seems during the first week of the month, someone walked into a store, converted my customer's plan from what it was, to a Basic 700 min f/s and bought a Moto VU204 for the brand new secondary line that was just added.

Now, here's what really caught my attention. Going through the remarks, I saw that literally within 15 minutes (just over 12 if memory serves) of the customer calling in to ask about what all this was about a new line and a familyshare plan, the same rep that handled the sale and plan change at the beginning of the month does a WFG return of equipment and disco's the line. (Yes, I'm sure. Same v0 login name for both NetAce transactions.)

Customer gets his plan put back to what it was, some things are getting credited to him at this point. In the remarks there's no mention of Fraud. The guy at this point just keeps asking me why can't his bill be what it was, he's on a fixed income, he didn't go to a store, he didn't want any of this crap, why is he being asked to pay for what someone else did. Customer told me that he hadn't been in a VZW store since summer when he got a phone upgrade.

I end up giving the customer the external number for Fraud. Meanwhile, I'd gotten my sup on the line, explained the situation, did a couple of windows full of remarks, and he ended up escalating the call on up the chain from our end.

What would any of you have done differently? I have my own theory of what I think happened, which I'll keep to myself at this point.
    12-30-09 01:36 AM
    Sounds like a store rep helped himself to free phone service for a few weeks...
    12-30-09 01:46 AM
    Sounds like a someone got themselves a free phone as well. This is bad. Poor guy sounds like a victim of a shady rep. Are you keeping tabs of the issue?
    12-30-09 01:56 AM
    Sounds like a someone got themselves a free phone as well. This is bad. Poor guy sounds like a victim of a shady rep. Are you keeping tabs of the issue?
    As best I can. I'm outsource.
    12-30-09 01:59 AM
    Keep us posted if you can. I have seen some weird stuff but nothing like this. Bad bad bad.
    If the rep is innocent, the only thing that I can think of is that a rep, forgetting to close the first account, processed another transaction on the first account. I have seen that. I mean the rep had to have known there would be a trail of his transactions, unless he's already gonzo.
    12-30-09 02:02 AM
    I've seen many fru's done on wrong accounts because store reps didn't close the last account they were working on. Not a fun situation to explain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 02:51 AM
    I have some really weird account issues. I called a rep today and he never ended up calling me back. It would be awesome if you could look it over with me. If you PM me ill shoot you my number. Thanks a lot if you wanna take a look!

12-30-09 03:49 AM
    Sounds like a store rep helped himself to free phone service for a few weeks...
    I don't think that's what the rep did. It sounds more like he/she was opening a line to achieve their monthly goal for new lines of service.
    12-30-09 07:45 AM
    This is a private matter, a public forum is no place for it.

12-30-09 10:02 AM

How is it a private matter? No names were given.

12-30-09 10:37 AM

Trust me, sir. What details I did give concerning the case, may or may not have been changed to protect the privacy of my customer.

Basically, I was asking the other reps who frequent this forum for advice. I've not been a rep that long, and this is a case that's bothered me since the call. I'm hoping that in that instance, I did everything I could to help my customer. Not just because it was my job, but because what happened to my customer was just plain wrong. If my desire to do my job better offends you, sir. I do apologize, but in this case I'll have to ask you to just be offended.
    12-30-09 10:49 PM
    sounds like an issue I had with a customer 3 yrs ago and we had a rep that was fired due to opening accounts in customers names. You have done the right thing and sounds like fraud. I wish social security numbers couldn't be used or have the customer type in their social. Too bad there are reps who are not so honest and unfortunately it happens more than we realize. I am glad that if the call was dropped the customer was linked to someone as good and as nice as you.
    12-31-09 12:02 AM
    Even though it may sound bad, it may just be the rep processed a transaction in error on the customers account. At least I hope so....I hate fraud.
    12-31-09 01:20 AM
    i think you did the right thing, fully notating the acount, getting your supe involved, and escalating it to fraud....... i had a similar instance where a device was sent to the wrong address, activated, and used....charging the acount a bit of money (not much because the device going to the wrong address was caught fairly early and activating the correct device on the acount cancelled the service to the other device) and followed the same steps as you with the escallation.
    12-31-09 12:37 PM
    Hey Doc...

I DO think you were careful and did not reveal any personal details of the customer. As for the situation: you did the correct thing in referring upward and onward.

Poor customer. That is too bad for him!
    01-01-10 11:57 AM
    Anyone who finds a post or thread inappropriate, please just report it. All of the
    Mods will see it and someone will handle it. There is no reason to argue in a thread.
    01-02-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD