I'M SO PISSED AND SAD AND MAD AND ANGRY!

IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIND IT ? OR LOCATE IT ? OR SOMETHING ANYONE !!!???!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

GREAT THING IS, IT WAS MOST LIKELY STOLEN BY A 2ND OR 1ST GRADER !

CAN YOU ... BELIEVE THAT !!! KIDS NOW A DAYS.

NEVER TRUSTING THEM AGAIN ...
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-23-09 at 11:23 PM. Reason: language
    01-23-09 11:09 PM
    No, unless you installed some kind of tracking software on the phone before it was stolen, you can't find it. You need to call your carrier immediately and report it stolen. The carrier will disable it so that it cannot be used. Disabling is permanent. Even if you find the phone tomorrow, or the kid brings it back, it will be unusable.
    01-23-09 11:24 PM
    Unless you had software on it to do so I don't think you can. Sorry for your loss. I lock mine so if it does get lost or stolen it wipes after three failed attemps at the password. There are programs out there to locate tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 11:28 PM
    I recommend "get it back" when you get a new phone or hopefully recover yours. Unfortunately the GPS tracking part of the software doesnt work with verizon, but at least you can make the phone unusable and make life he|| for the je rk who stole it.

It has an alarm you can set off remotely that will cause the BB to sound an extra loud alarm that says "this BB is stolen".

Worth checking out and sorry your in such a bad spot. Some people are jer ks
    Convenience Software
    01-23-09 11:36 PM
    No, unless you installed some kind of tracking software on the phone before it was stolen, you can't find it. You need to call your carrier immediately and report it stolen. The carrier will disable it so that it cannot be used. Disabling is permanent. Even if you find the phone tomorrow, or the kid brings it back, it will be unusable.
    If the phone is found and you call back in to inform VZW of this, they will remove the block and the device will work again If you have insurance you can make a claim and get another one $50.

Later this year, VZW will be come coming out wuth phone finder software. Not sure of the detials of how this works, but I doubt it will be use GPS. It will be used for a local find like in your car or house
    01-24-09 08:42 AM
    If the phone is found and you call back in to inform VZW of this, they will remove the block and the device will work again ...
    That's good to know. I had been told otherwise, hence my comment, but you're a primary source. I'll take your word for it.
    01-24-09 09:37 AM
    not a problem jeff, you are an awesome source for info. The way it works when a phone is reported lost/stolen is it puts the ESN/MEID number on a list in the system and shuts it down. This number if reported by the user as being found can be removed, there by letting this number be re-activated.
    01-24-09 09:41 AM
    Hey I'm really sorry to hear about ur ph-i really hope u find it-u can call vzw 1 800 922 0204 and have then put ur # on the lost/stolen list so that no1 can use ur berry and wen u find it-u can have them remove the esn so u can use ur berry again-my son lost his phone last yr-aft a month we found it and did that and have had no probs--good luck I hope u find it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD