anyone know how insurance works?

I pay $5.99 a month for it, that's all I know, lol.

Help?
    02-10-08 10:22 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you are covered against theft, damage, loss, or malfunction. You will have to pay a $50 deductible to a third-party insurer though.

If your phone is lost or stolen, make sure to call Verizon customer service to put a temporary hold on your service, until you get a replacement.

I hope you never have to use the insurance...........
    02-10-08 10:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you are covered against theft, damage, loss, or malfunction. You will have to pay a $50 deductible to a third-party insurer though.

If your phone is lost or stolen, make sure to call Verizon customer service to put a temporary hold on your service, until you get a replacement.

I hope you never have to use the insurance...........
    I'm still confused. I pay a $50 deductible to a third-party insurer and then I get a brand new berry or...?

I'm a lost gal.
    02-11-08 01:15 AM
    I'm still confused. I pay a $50 deductible to a third-party insurer and then I get a brand new berry or...?

I'm a lost gal.
    Cate... Pretty much you are correct.
    But since it is a replacement BB, you might end up with a refurbished device instead of new. Also you get the same model phone. Not like it was stolen/I lost my Pearl, can I get a new Curve for $50!
    02-11-08 05:45 AM
    I wouldn't want to call VZW either cate Here ya go:

Calling Features: Equipment Protection
    02-11-08 06:39 AM
    You get a refurb back. Dunno how good Verizon's insurance 3rd party company is, but a client of mine got a Pearl under insurance with T-Mobile and the damn thing is nasty looking. Bad refurb job. If you get a refurb like the ones that come from Verizon replacement, then it'll be cool. They are what I like to call "factory refurb" which is definatly not what this T-Mobile one was. They will look brand new.
    02-11-08 08:24 AM
    I used the insurance on my e-bay bought 8703e when I dropped it on the cement and cracked the screen. Deductable was $50, they got me another unit with in a day or 2. It looked brand new, so if it was a refurb I certainly couldn't tell the difference. (came w/all the same stuff a new one comes with)
    02-11-08 08:39 AM
    Yea 9 out of 10 times its a refurb. But i believe the 3rd party insurance company is called "asurion" or something of that sort. I had a motorola they replaced that looked great but had battery problems.

Although sometimes if you go to the store with a problem that is considered "manufacturing" problem, there is a possibility you can get a brand new phone on the spot. That also happened to me before which was awesome, except when i came back with the same exact problem.
    02-11-08 09:22 AM
    The company is called Asurion. And yes you most likely you will get a refurb. though i didn't even realize that they would cover the pearl.

Asurion covers all the carriers for their monthly insurance i believe.

If you are needing to process a claim you can call them directly at 1-888-881-2622.

Cate, are you having a problem with your pearl now? If so, perhaps we can help. Possibility that if your phone is having an issue and is not water damaged or screen busted, that they could replace it for you free of charge.

02-11-08 12:08 PM
    Instead of insurance, you may want to consider getting a Personal Articles Policy from your Homeowner's insurance company to cover the phone. It'll be cheaper in the long run and if anything happens to your BB, they'll cut you a check and you can buy a new one outright.

You can get a PAP even if you don't have homeowner's insurance as well, just for those who are wondering.
    02-11-08 12:13 PM
    thanks so much for the info

my pearl is doing great. i went with the insurance deal because it seemed like an intelligent choice although i had no idea what the rep were talking about. basically, to get him to shut up, i just went with it, lol.
    02-11-08 12:30 PM
    Just to add... Good chances a refurb is a new/slightly used phone. It could just be a device that someone had for a week didn't like, was returned and was repackaged as factory reburb. They can't resell a phone like that as new.
    02-11-08 01:52 PM

my pearl is doing great. i went with the insurance deal because it seemed like an intelligent choice although i had no idea what the rep were talking about. basically, to get him to shut up, i just went with it, lol.
    haha, thats how I used to sell extended warranties when I worked at circuit city!
    02-11-08 02:07 PM
    ....although i had no idea what the rep were talking about. basically, to get him to shut up, i just went with it, lol.
    LOL... Let's hope no one has swampland in FLA to sell you!
    02-11-08 02:27 PM
    haha, thats how I used to sell extended warranties when I worked at circuit city!
    LOL That's hilarious. Just keep talking til they give in.
    02-11-08 03:44 PM
    who else is having problems with the network today?? getting on the web?? AIM??? HELP! Got in trouble with boyfriend for not responding to him...i sent message but took a long time to get there.....
    02-11-08 06:22 PM
    bb outage today.
    02-11-08 07:26 PM
    who else is having problems with the network today?? getting on the web?? AIM??? HELP! Got in trouble with boyfriend for not responding to him...i sent message but took a long time to get there.....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/nati...11-08-a-18187/
    02-11-08 07:28 PM
    lol sounds like someone needs a bb himself to help chill out.
    02-11-08 07:39 PM
    bastards. lol
    02-11-08 10:09 PM
    Got in trouble with him for not responding? He needs a chill pill. Its a phone, too, just call each other.
    02-12-08 08:37 AM
    when i had my chocolate (first version) i brought it into the store and it was replace right away with a new (or like new) one on the spot. I had problems (again) not too long later and the store told me i had to call Asurion due to "water damage" (you know those stupid spots that indicate moisture) and when I did it that way I got a new one (brand new box with all the manuals, etc.)

My fiance had to do get a replacement on his phone about two weeks after and he got a refurb phone (it was the v) and i think that depending on how new/current your phone is you will get a refurb. or new one? don't quote me on that, but that is just my personal theory. since he had the v, and the env was already released, i didn't think they had any "new" v's lying around, thus he got a refurb. v.
    02-14-08 10:03 PM
    i hope i never have to get a "new" phone.
    02-15-08 12:06 AM

Insurance is insurance...you can't live with it and you really can't live without it! You did well by picking the $5.99 package though because it also includes the extended warranty so even after the 1 year manufacturers warranty runs out you can still get it replaced through VZW (no $50 deductible).
    02-19-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD