12-29-08 11:50 AM
49 12
tools
    The $20 esn change went away on November 16th when the $35 restocking fee was instituted. Also, VIP customers do not get waived activation. Any line that bills out at 49.99 or higher per month qualifies for the annual upgrade, but not necessarily the $50 VIP credit. VIP customers are also charged the $20 early upgrade fee. They didn't used to be charged the standard upgrade fee aka device initiation fee, but that fee went away so no one pays it now. The early upgrade fee is different and still charged for VIP customers when doing an annual/early upgrade.
    You're wrong. ESN changes are still supposed to be charged, because there are a couple of ways customers can change their own ( online, *228 option 3... ), VIP customers do not get charged. Also, no activation fee's for VIP. Here is a list of the benefits, straight from Verizon Wireless:

Text Message Overage Alerts, VIP line only, A courtesy text message is sent to customers who are on-track to exceed their calling plan allowance by 100 minutes or more in a billing cycle. Text message reads:

Free VZW MSG for High Value customers: Your usage is on track to exceed your plan minutes this month. Call 800-728-6312 for an evaluation. Reply Q to opt out.

500 Amnesty Minutes, VIP line only, A one-time “amnesty” bill adjustment will be given to VIP customers who exceed their airtime allowance, up to 500 minutes.

Note: On Family Share accounts, VISION will charge any voice overage on secondary line(s). Although, the actual charge appears on the secondary line(s), the primary line is eligible to receive the Amnesty Minutes towards that overage up to 500 minutes total.

Annual Upgrade with $50 Toward a New Phone or PDA VIP line only A $50 credit toward the purchase of a new, promotionally priced phone upon completion of the 12th month of a 24-month or 36-month agreement (new 2-year contract required).
    Customers will receive an outbound phone call from Verizon Wireless when they become eligible for a discounted phone upgrade in/around Month 13 of their contract.

30% Off Wireless Accessories, All lines on the billing account, Not valid on the purchase of Accessory Bundles, Essentials Bundles, and Closeout items.

Free 2-Day Shipping and Handling, All lines on the billing account, On all equipment and accessory purchases.

Free Phone Book Transfer, All lines on the billing account, When upgrading or switching to new equipment.
    Note: Available in Communication Stores only.

No Hidden Fees All lines on the billing account Fees are waived on common administrative transactions:

New line activation (up to $35 per line)
    Early upgrade processing fee ($20 value)
    ESN/MEID change fee ($20 value)
    MTN/MDN change fee ($15 value)

Also, I never stated a line paying $49.99 would qualify for VIP nor $50 towards an early upgrade.
    11-28-08 09:55 AM
    ^Does the 30% off apply to accesories bought online or thru telesales?? I was told when I purchased my Storm and accesories I only get 25% off and I'm a VIP. I ordered thru telesales.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:15 PM
    If your account says it then you should get from any vzw outlet

11-28-08 01:17 PM
    11-28-08 01:24 PM
    ^Thanks for that info,that being said I feel sad tho the VIP rep from the VIP hotline said it was 30% and other Reps are saying only 25% Please Verizon Reps get your facts straight!!

11-28-08 02:07 PM
    What is ESN/MEID and MTN/MDN?

Also, I got a VIP card even though there were several times in the last year that my bill payment was late...sometimes VERY late. I don't think they're stuck on the "on time" bill payment, so long as they're paid, and you have an expensive plan.
    12-01-08 04:53 AM
    ESN/MEID is the electronic serial number to your phone. MTN/MDN is your phone number.

12-01-08 06:20 AM
    [QUOTE=scurvydlicious;1064692]You're wrong. ESN changes are still supposed to be charged, because there are a couple of ways customers can change their own ( online, *228 option 3... ), VIP customers do not get charged. Also, no activation fee's for VIP. Here is a list of the benefits, straight from Verizon Wireless:

Dude, I work for Verizon Wireless and have done several ESN/MEID changes for customers since we instituted the $35 restocking fee. NO ONE gets charged the $20 device initiation fee anymore. Not during an upgrade and not by doing an esn change.

The only fee still charged is a $20 early upgrade fee for early/annual upgrades.
    12-01-08 11:16 AM
    You can pay $20 and upgrade early? How early can you do this? And do you still get to purchase phone at upgrade price?

12-01-08 01:45 PM
    If you are on a calling plan of 49.99 or higher per month and it has been at least 12 months since your last subsidized phone purchase, then you can upgrade to a new phone on a new 2 year agreement. You get the 2 pricing on the phone plus a $20 early upgrade fee secondary lines on a familyshare plan do not qualify.

12-01-08 05:56 PM
    As I understand it being a VIP or a merits card holder entitles you to receive Verizons 2 year discount price after 1 year in your qualifing contract term. You do have to sign a new 2 year contract and start your new every 2 period over.

12-01-08 07:12 PM
    I just got off of the phone with Verizon. I upgraded last year on Dec. 11th. I became a VIP in August. I was told I can upgrade to the Storm this Dec. 11th for the two year contract price, plus get the VIP $50 off. If I were to wait until August I would also get the $100 NET credit. So excited for next Thursday (although I assume I won't actually have the phone in hand that day)!!

I don't have my VIP card though. What is the phone number listed on it? I asked and the rep said there wasn't a specific VIP phone number!

Oh, and this is my first post! Here's to many more!!
    12-01-08 07:56 PM
    I guess I never realized that Verizon had a VIP program but now that i'm reading this I guess I am one..I have never recieved a card, but my bills average between 250-300 a month, I have five lines, pay them on time and I have NEVER had any issues when it came to calling them and getting what I wanted ...

I gotta tell ya I think personally thier CS tele lines are great ... Usually when I call I get transferred to a supervisor directly and they take care of whatever i need .. I have always been able to upgrade early even when none of my lines are eligible..I mean within 6 months of buying a new phone I called telesales ordered another one and got it for cheaper than the new every two price .. None of my lines were eligible for upgrade..

But, I have been with them forever..and spend alot of money with them..So I guess that makes me a VIP
    12-01-08 09:29 PM
    You don't need a VIP card. VIP status is noted on the account.

12-01-08 09:31 PM

Dude, I work for Verizon Wireless and have done several ESN/MEID changes for customers since we instituted the $35 restocking fee. NO ONE gets charged the $20 device initiation fee anymore. Not during an upgrade and not by doing an esn change.

The only fee still charged is a $20 early upgrade fee for early/annual upgrades.
    I guess they just haven't updated the VIP website yet. ( www.verizonwirelessvip.com ) At the very bottom it still states:

The following fees are waived on select transactions relating to Eligible VIP mobile telephone numbers: $20 upgrade processing fee, $20 ESN/phone change fee and $15 mobile telephone number change fee. 2008 Verizon Wireless.
    My bad. Since you work for Verizon Wireless, maybe you can get them to update their website.
    12-02-08 07:03 PM
    Ha! I spoke to three people yesterday at Verizon, and not one of them knew I thing about the VIP website! They didn't even know it existed!!
    12-02-08 08:36 PM
    Ha! I spoke to three people yesterday at Verizon, and not one of them knew I thing about the VIP website! They didn't even know it existed!!
    Probably because employees can't access the site since employees can't be participate in the VIP Program. Not that we need to participate since employees get employee discounts.
    12-02-08 10:13 PM
    Probably because employees can't access the site since employees can't be participate in the VIP Program. Not that we need to participate since employees get employee discounts.
    Not to be rude, but I was calling customer service because I couldn't log into the VIP website and it came up to call the 800#. All customer service representatives should be trained about a company website. Period.
    12-03-08 02:26 PM
    All of my lines qualify for an annual upgrade at the new contract price. The main line is the only one that qualifies for the NE2. Verizon is able to bump your annual upgrade up to 60 days in advance from the acutal upgrade date. Also, as a VIP (and I am sure this is the same for anyone) I have a free 500 mins if I go over (1 time only) and I just got a flier in the mail for a free 100 mins if I go over (1 time only).
    12-03-08 07:09 PM
    I cannot log in as well...oh well, cant upgrade until May anyway...
    12-05-08 08:16 PM
    All of my lines qualify for an annual upgrade at the new contract price. The main line is the only one that qualifies for the NE2. Verizon is able to bump your annual upgrade up to 60 days in advance from the acutal upgrade date. Also, as a VIP (and I am sure this is the same for anyone) I have a free 500 mins if I go over (1 time only) and I just got a flier in the mail for a free 100 mins if I go over (1 time only).
    Does that mean as a VIP I can upgrade at 10 months on a 2 year contract? When I called, they told me I had to wait until 12 months. I don't want to wait until January 30th, I want my Storm NOW!!!!
    12-05-08 10:48 PM
    Personally I would wait, there is the upgrade for the storm that should be availble today. Who knows if more are coming and by JAN, the new ones coming out will have more of the fixes incorporated.
    12-06-08 09:03 AM
    the VIP program allows you 20% off accessories, free back up assistant, free phone book transfers and the annual upgrade.
    12-29-08 10:58 AM
    the VIP program allows you 20% off accessories, free back up assistant, free phone book transfers and the annual upgrade.
    i used to have VIP when i was on my fam plan. Turns out of employee discount is much better
    12-29-08 11:50 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD