12-29-08 11:50 AM
49 12
tools
    Other than having a little card in my wallet and savings 20% on my case Verizon has not made me feel very important as of yet...anyone have any hints on how to go about possibly getting the storm even though I don't have the NE2 @ the moment? Had my pearl since March I think...or should I just give them a call and see if ita possible? PIN me with response, thanks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 03:53 PM
    you're going to be able to get a annual upgrade in March....Thats better than most companies. I don't get why you should be able to upgrade after less than 8 months since your last upgrade.
    11-21-08 04:59 PM
    Don't worry, after a year you'll feel Important!!!!!!!
    11-22-08 02:09 AM
    You could always add a line for $9.99/mo if you're on a family share plan
    11-23-08 09:59 PM
    Just because you're a "VIP" doesnt mean that you should get a bunch of free stuff. your a verizon VIP, not a celebrity at the oscars, lol. And I dont think you have to carry that card in your wallet, I think your account has a notation if you are a VIP
    11-24-08 01:58 AM
    Can someone qualify exactly what it means to be a Verizon VIP? I have heard that is means that you spend over $100 a month with them on a phone plan.

Is that before or after discount? I currently get a discount through my company, before discount my plan costs $119.99. After discount, my plan costs $99 ish..

I've never received any VIP treatment.
    11-24-08 10:08 AM
    In my experience, being a vip means that they transfer me to another line when I have to complain about something.

11-24-08 10:53 AM
    All vip means that your primary line is 79.99 or higher, you've been on that price plan for 3+ months and you have a my verizon account

11-24-08 12:27 PM
    I am not expecting free stuff at all, but maybe just a little flyer or email from time to time saying "Hey guess what, you can get get a phone at the discounted price for giving us so much of your money each month"...Not sure how it works out, and I know my account is noted with it...
    11-24-08 06:15 PM
    I guess it all depends on where you are. I received the vip card in the mail and next time i went into the store i had a completely different experience. When I went to get the curve, they charged the phone, the bluetooth and had everything ready for me within 30minutes. They even set up my email accounts for me.
    11-24-08 11:53 PM
    I guess it all depends on where you are. I received the vip card in the mail and next time i went into the store i had a completely different experience. When I went to get the curve, they charged the phone, the bluetooth and had everything ready for me within 30minutes. They even set up my email accounts for me.
    We're supposed to set up the email accounts per policy in my region. The phones usually come half-charged and any good rep would set up the bluetooth for you if needed. Sounds like you finally got someone that is good at their job.
    11-25-08 12:07 AM
    I am not expecting free stuff at all, but maybe just a little flyer or email from time to time saying "Hey guess what, you can get get a phone at the discounted price for giving us so much of your money each month"...Not sure how it works out, and I know my account is noted with it...
    Um....you do get a phone at a discounted price every 20 months and many people also get an additional $50 or $100 credit toward the phone...it's called your new every two credit.
    11-25-08 12:09 AM
    20 months is basically 2 years, I've read plenty of times about people just calling in early and being allowed to upgrade early..

11-25-08 01:23 AM
    They view me as a "Very Impatient Prick."
    11-25-08 02:19 AM
    VIP customers also get a $50 credit toward a new phone if they choose to use their annual upgrade. If it has been at least 12 months since your last upgrade and you are VIP, then you can upgrade at the 2 yr retail price and get a $50 credit.

I'd be careful listening to anecdotal stories about people saying they called in and were allowed to upgrade early. I'd be willing to bet that most of those people actually qualified for some kind of upgrade, but they didn't know it so they think they are getting away with something when they get the upgrade. I get people in the store all the time that don't know they are eligible for upgrade and they are surprised when I tell them they can.
    11-25-08 08:21 AM
    that 50$ credit for a phone at the 2 year rate is VIP treatment my friend, lol

I've had an earlier upgrade in the past but thats usually because of another issue where the only resolution was to give me another phone. And they can't give you a refurbished phone of another brand as that is not in warranty. I should advise tho, your concern has to be legitimate for them to do this...
    11-25-08 09:12 AM
    xlGimmieWarlx 11:19 PM 11-24-2008 -- [Reply] [!!] They view me as a "Very Impatient *****."
    That is classic...on a serious note I can't remember the exact date I got my pearl and when I look online it says June whick I know for a fact is wrong...if I call they will be able to tell right?

11-26-08 12:22 PM
    xlGimmieWarlx 11:19 PM 11-24-2008 -- [Reply] [!!] They view me as a "Very Impatient *****."
    That is classic...on a serious note I can't remember the exact date I got my pearl and when I look online it says June whick I know for a fact is wrong...if I call they will be able to tell right?

Sure can. Also if you are VIP, you get a bunch of stuff regular customers don't get. Like text alerts if you're going over your minutes or texting, free phone book transfers ( normally like $10 at the store ), no esn change fee ( normally $20 at store or over the phone ), no activation fees ( normally $25 for secondary lines, $35 for primary or single line plans ), and like others mentioned, when upgrading early ( 12 months into contract and before 20 months ), normal customers are charged $20 to use an early upgrade, where as a VIP customer, you get a $50 credit towards a new phone....
    11-26-08 02:41 PM
    How does one become a VIP? I seem to meet all the criteria - my pricing plan is $100 a month, I've been a member for a year, and have a My Verizon account.
    11-26-08 03:19 PM
    you have to pay your bill on time each month . if you pay late they take it away ... or if you have paid late they wont make your account vip . has to be 12 months on a high tier with no late payments, if you meet that then call cust care, theyll make it happen
    11-26-08 06:34 PM
    well crap. that means Im out.
    11-27-08 10:11 PM
    you have to pay your bill on time each month . if you pay late they take it away ... or if you have paid late they wont make your account vip . has to be 12 months on a high tier with no late payments, if you meet that then call cust care, theyll make it happen

I dont know how true that is. I mean, there have been times that I forgot to pay one month (darn e-bills) and then the next month I just get double the bill. Now, when that has happened, its always been an honest mistake and not that I was broke. Hense why I just pay the entire amount in one shot. But I have never been called on that before. So I don't know if being late is considered 3 or 4 months of non payment, or if just being a problematic customer in general disqualies u from their VIP offer.
    11-27-08 11:11 PM
    Sure can. Also if you are VIP, you get a bunch of stuff regular customers don't get. Like text alerts if you're going over your minutes or texting, free phone book transfers ( normally like $10 at the store ), no esn change fee ( normally $20 at store or over the phone ), no activation fees ( normally $25 for secondary lines, $35 for primary or single line plans ), and like others mentioned, when upgrading early ( 12 months into contract and before 20 months ), normal customers are charged $20 to use an early upgrade, where as a VIP customer, you get a $50 credit towards a new phone....
    The $20 esn change went away on November 16th when the $35 restocking fee was instituted. Any line that bills out at 49.99 or higher per month qualifies for the annual upgrade, but not necessarily the $50 VIP credit. VIP customers are also charged the $20 early upgrade fee. They didn't used to be charged the standard upgrade fee aka device initiation fee, but that fee went away so no one pays it now. The early upgrade fee is different and still charged for VIP customers when doing an annual/early upgrade.
    Last edited by JDnLou; 12-01-08 at 11:12 AM.
    11-27-08 11:24 PM
    How does one become a VIP? I seem to meet all the criteria - my pricing plan is $100 a month, I've been a member for a year, and have a My Verizon account.
    I believe they only enroll people like once a quarter or something like that. You don't automatically get enrolled on the 365th day that you meet the qualifications. You have to wait until the next enrollment period at which point you are automatically enrolled and you are shipped a VIP program packet.
    11-27-08 11:27 PM
    Do you have to have a VIP account really to get good service. Out of the three years with Verizon I have had only one bad rep (unfortunate that I had to deal with her twice!).
    I went in on Monday and the Rep was super nice and went gaga over my Storm. She offered such great service and grabbed ALL the accesorries to look thru (there weren't many left hahaha) and once she looked up my account info she was like "OH you get 25% off accessories!" And I asked why? And she just told me and my friend that I have been a loyal customer with no late payments and a "very good standing" with Verizon.
    Soo I kinda felt special!
    11-28-08 04:07 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD