I live in az hAve to have 2 phones 1 for data 1 talking its on verizon. Any comments on alltell???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 11:50 PM
    Stay with verizon. They are a little more expensive but they do have the best network.

04-12-08 12:00 AM
    Alltell had great service when I was in Florida. However I started having service issues when I moved, and then billing issues started. I tries to stick with them but in the end I got frustrated and went to Verizon
    04-12-08 12:03 AM
    Unlimited data is the way to go...
    04-12-08 12:20 AM
    I know people who have all types of carriers & I'm telling you stay with Verizon. Everyone always complains. My only complaint with Verizon is that they are alittle more money & they take forever to get new phones! Other then that there great!
    04-12-08 08:31 AM
    Why not just use the Verizon phone for Data and voice. To my experience Verizon has the best coverage Nationwide.
    04-12-08 10:19 AM
    Depending on where in AZ you live and travel. Stay away from AT&T, and Alltel, but Verizon, TMO, and Sprint have pretty good coverage through the whole city. Usually the only problems you'll have with any of them is out in Queen Creek. Send me a PM if you need anymore specifics about your area.
    04-12-08 10:36 AM
    I liked Verizon the few days I tried them out. The only problem was I happened to live in one of their weak spots. actually, the signal is strong around my area but the block I live on is weak for signal. That is due to different towers and the river near my house. Their customer service is great though. I did switch to T-Mobile and I found them to be just as great. I like their wifi because if your in the same situation as me and have a wifi network you can still recieve and make calls over the wifi. It also depends on the phone your going to get too and what kind of contract you want. If you order T-Mobile over the phone the phones are the same price with a one year contract. Both carriers are great though.
    04-12-08 06:02 PM
    I have VeriZon
    Drop calls in home up to 17 times in 1 day. I love my BB however I have to have another regular phone also through Verizon I am in an area that has dead spots I would love to just have one that's all ...
    Just checking to see if anyone had any tips on what I should do. Thanks
    04-13-08 12:35 AM
    That may be one of the only one (tmobile) I just want to be able to use one device.

Thanks again!
    04-13-08 12:50 AM
    I would check between at&t and tmobile..although tmobile has the cheapest plan for blackberry with at&t you might have better coverage.
    04-13-08 12:52 AM
    Wait, so you carry two phone models because one has better reception then the other in certain areas? Which models do you carry right now? Also, do you ever dial *22899 to update the phone's cell tower logic? That may be some of your problems with dropped calls.
    04-13-08 10:38 AM
    FYI - Alltel doesn't support MMS yet.
    04-13-08 11:10 AM
    I had horrible times with verizon (especially customer service and phone functionality), but then again that was pre-BB. I can't say much about the service, but I do know that their phones usually come functionally crippled such that you have to pay more $$$ to access features that would normally be standard with your phone. All that said, I switched to tmo a few weeks ago and everything has been awesome...great customer service, my BB works great, and if signal strength is ever weak, I can almost always find a wifi in range to use for making and receiving calls/data tranmission! Hope that helps!

04-13-08 11:57 AM
    Do a tmo test drive, AllTel has good AZ coverage, but no mms, vzw is supposed to be offering the home boosters later this year.

04-13-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD