10-28-09 08:42 AM
31 12
tools
    The release of the Storm 2 is coming and I can see something far off in the distance. I can hear it, almost faintly, as people await for the release. And when it comes, I know, for a fact, flocks of people will come running, swarming even. And they will all be Storm 1 users, that feel entitled to a new Storm 2, and not for the 2 year price, no, for free. They will kick, cry and scream. They will threaten to cancel (OMG!) but they will all have one thing in common. Unrelenting self-entitlment to something they do not deserve. Now, don't get me wrong, the Storm 1 was....is, crap and yes, you may have had 6,7 maybe 13 replacments. But you got what you paid for and its sitting in your hands. I feel your pain, trust me I do. But, come on. There is no reason you deserve a free phone. You do deserve a pat on the back though, for sticking with the Storm 1 for so long.

I see it coming......it's almost here.
    10-16-09 10:12 PM
    The release of the Storm 2 is coming and I can see something far off in the distance. I can hear it, almost faintly, as people await for the release. And when it comes, I know, for a fact, flocks of people will come running, swarming even. And they will all be Storm 1 users, that feel entitled to a new Storm 2, and not for the 2 year price, no, for free. They will kick, cry and scream. They will threaten to cancel (OMG!) but they will all have one thing in common. Unrelenting self-entitlment to something they do not deserve. Now, don't get me wrong, the Storm 1 was....is, crap and yes, you may have had 6,7 maybe 13 replacments. But you got what you paid for and its sitting in your hands. I feel your pain, trust me I do. But, come on. There is no reason you deserve a free phone. You do deserve a pat on the back though, for sticking with the Storm 1 for so long.

I see it coming......it's almost here.
    Its funny, the people who make threads like this always own a Tour
    10-16-09 10:28 PM
    And?....I had my shot with the Storm...gave it away and then got the Tour. I hate my trackball, by the way.

Ahh, Blackberry, you are a dirty cheap mistress, I can't leave you but I end up with VD.
    10-16-09 10:32 PM
    <<Tour owner, will not be making an "excitement" thread about S2
    10-16-09 10:33 PM
    Nothing exciting about it to be wasting a thread on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 11:33 PM
    Hmmm. I sound excited?.....
    10-17-09 10:20 AM
    Nothing about phones is exciting...maybe crackberry com should be shut down?

10-17-09 10:24 AM
    I wish.

10-17-09 10:54 AM
    Hmmm. I sound excited?.....
    Almost like you're ready to wet your pants...

10-17-09 11:06 AM
    Its like reading the mind of every store rep and tech support rep here...
    Its looming... Im excited from a tech standpoint... but I know its going to be a month of nothing but escalations from S1 users with self entitlement issues. Oh wait we'll hear it here too!
    I bet there are threads that will be flaming fun.
    10-17-09 12:07 PM
    Its like reading the mind of every store rep and tech support rep here...
    Its looming... Im excited from a tech standpoint... but I know its going to be a month of nothing but escalations from S1 users with self entitlement issues. Oh wait we'll hear it here too!
    I bet there are threads that will be flaming fun.
    FINALLY! I have know idea why everyone thought I was excited about the Storm 2, you finally got it HeatherLaw, thanks for reading the post.
    10-17-09 01:32 PM
    FINALLY! I have know idea why everyone thought I was excited about the Storm 2, you finally got it HeatherLaw, thanks for reading the post.
    I got it - just had to play off of Dogs' obvious skimming of the OP.

It has already started here - what with all the questions of "will VZW let me upgrade early?"

The Entitleforce is strong with these people, Luke.

10-17-09 02:02 PM
    Yeah so you caught me. I read it this time and see the point. So sorry.
    10-18-09 05:49 AM
    The first drops of rain hit me about an hour ago. A S1 user said to me, "I KNOW the Storm2 is comin out, and when it does YOU ARE GOING to give me the new on for free."

"Ma'am, your NE2 date is not until 2011, you would have to pay for the phone."

"No I wont! I pay $--- a month and you guys owe it to me!" *click*.

Long sigh....
    10-19-09 08:28 PM
    LOL... yeah those calls are coming... be afraid, be very afraid...
    10-19-09 08:33 PM
    You are saying that because I just bought the Tour, I am *not* entitled to a free Storm 2 upgrade, even though my contract ends with Verizon in the year 2525?
    10-19-09 09:38 PM
    The first drops of rain hit me about an hour ago. A S1 user said to me, "I KNOW the Storm2 is comin out, and when it does YOU ARE GOING to give me the new on for free."

"Ma'am, your NE2 date is not until 2011, you would have to pay for the phone."

"No I wont! I pay $--- a month and you guys owe it to me!" *click*.

Long sigh....
    I can't wait for those calls... More time out of my day to waste on useless BS. Don't these customers understand there are other people out there that actually have technical problems and not self-entitlement issues?

We have people who cannot place/receive calls, but yet they MUST get a new Storm 2.. or else! They can gladly pay the ETF for all I care.
    10-19-09 09:47 PM
    Yes sir. I will be happy to upgrade you. Now give me your credit cardnumber and we can get started.
    10-19-09 10:09 PM
    Yes sir. I will be happy to upgrade you. Now give me your credit cardnumber and we can get started.
    LOL that will quiet them for sure
    10-19-09 10:11 PM
    Give these people a few cha-chings & they will stop being such boorish beggars.

As I've said many times before - it might do the carriers good to dump subsidies - just let people pay full price for a device, continue to give them loyalty incentives - say $100 off your bill for a new 24 month contract - then run with it.

Then when these dopes want a new phone, they can buy one.
    10-20-09 12:43 AM
    I can't wait for those calls... More time out of my day to waste on useless BS. Don't these customers understand there are other people out there that actually have technical problems and not self-entitlement issues?

We have people who cannot place/receive calls, but yet they MUST get a new Storm 2.. or else! They can gladly pay the ETF for all I care.
    100% agree. I love when people call in saying this is my 5th phone I need a new one I was promised one and then I look at the account and
    a. There's only been 2 replacements in the last 6 months.
    b. There's no notes on what MAY have been promised.
    I will then
    c. Laugh
    10-20-09 07:45 AM
    here it comes guys.......get ready.
    10-27-09 01:25 PM
    Should be....
    Tears and lots of curse words...
    Its like fresh air.
    10-27-09 01:26 PM
    OMG!
    I have to do 5hrs of overtime tomorrow too...
    I'm already having issues with people with the OS5.0 like its HARD to install.
    ugh!
    On the lighter side maybe my sup will let me roam and I can follow him around and listen to him tell people "no" all day.
    10-27-09 01:27 PM
    As I've said many times before - it might do the carriers good to dump subsidies - just let people pay full price for a device, continue to give them loyalty incentives - say $100 off your bill for a new 24 month contract - then run with it.

Then when these dopes want a new phone, they can buy one.
    Think this is what we'll see if VZW gets the iphone?

10-27-09 09:08 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD