07-28-09 07:50 AM
38 12
tools
    first off go with a carrier that you can get reception at your house, otherwise it doesn't matter which phone you get.
    Words to live by! Go into a store(that has service in your house) and check the phones out to see what best fits you... i.e. do you need email? Do you txt a lot?
    07-27-09 11:07 AM
    first off go with a carrier that you can get reception at your house, otherwise it doesn't matter which phone you get.
    I know, and that would be Alltel (which gets a few bars )and AT&T (gets a bar I believe), and I am not going to AT&T, so that means Verizon, but I am worried about Verizon not working at my house, because idk if they can use Alltel's towers yet
    07-27-09 11:27 AM
    Words to live by! Go into a store(that has service in your house) and check the phones out to see what best fits you... i.e. do you need email? Do you txt a lot?
    I will try that, but what do you think, what phone do you like out of those, I am just getting opinions

yes, I need email and I send about 400 messages a month, I have already looked into the plan, I know what plan I am getting, I just can't decide which phone
    07-27-09 11:29 AM
    I know, and that would be Alltel (which gets a few bars )and AT&T (gets a bar I believe), and I am not going to AT&T, so that means Verizon, but I am worried about Verizon not working at my house, because idk if they can use Alltel's towers yet
    They should be able to whats your zip?
    07-27-09 11:29 AM
    They should be able to whats your zip?
    its 72210, but the map on Verizon's site is wrong, they said they had coverage at my house, and when I switched to them, they didn't, I have a Verizon phone at home that is not activated, and it every now and then shows some service, but its not enough to even make a call without it dropping

but if they pull off of Alltel's towers too, then I will have about abour 2-3 bars
    07-27-09 11:37 AM
    its 72210, but the map on Verizon's site is wrong, they said they had coverage at my house, and when I switched to them, they didn't, I have a Verizon phone at home that is not activated, and it every now and then shows some service, but its not enough to even make a call without it dropping

but if they pull off of Alltel's towers too, then I will have about abour 2-3 bars
    Yeah I'll check through the internal map though to see if i get anything different...
    07-27-09 11:40 AM
    It looks good to the east but to the west of that zip code its pretty damn bare...
    07-27-09 11:41 AM
    It looks good to the east but to the west of that zip code its pretty damn bare...
    Do you want me exact address? I will pm it to you, if you want

and like I said I am 100% certain Verizon does not work here, Alltel does, the merger is supposed to be complete here, but idk yet
    07-27-09 11:46 AM
    Who knows the system right now is so f*cked we recently got alltell/VZW reps here and they are like always busy so who knows when its gonna happen, the switch that is.
    07-27-09 02:20 PM
    Who knows the system right now is so f*cked we recently got alltell/VZW reps here and they are like always busy so who knows when its gonna happen, the switch that is.
    oh, so its a wait and see thing

so what do you recommend, the Tour or the Storm, or should I wait for the Storm 2
    07-27-09 04:05 PM
    oh, so its a wait and see thing

so what do you recommend, the Tour or the Storm, or should I wait for the Storm 2
    Pretty much like give tech support a call and see if they know anything thats going on besides what I know. Right now alltell/verizon situation is a nightmare. I would go tour unless the Storm 2 has wifi that would be enough to sell me on it... I think.
    07-27-09 04:08 PM
    6 Weeks???
    Some other tiddybits to look for. The O2 was FCC approved in June. Every recent Samsung phone that Samsung said would be offered by Verizon was on Verizon shelves within 2-4 months from approval. The orig Omnia was 2 months. The Rogue will pull off in just under four. It isn't long. my one concern for many and that will include the Tour crowd. LTE is coming before these Tours are ready for an upgrade. Even with a one year upgrade, there will be no LTE BBs out. I can afford an O2 and then six months later move to a winmo7 phone with LTE.

How many clods are going to be on here harping that verizon should give them a free upgrade to a LTE phone because their Tour battery cover won't stay closed anymore and it is all verizon's fault?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 09:24 PM
    Save yourself some money by porting to tmobile...8900 curve is what I would recomend...wifi, 3.2 mp camer with autofocus, free tethering and my faves...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Since when does T-Mobile offer free tethering?
    07-28-09 07:50 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD