07-28-09 06:50 AM
38 12
tools
    I still have my Alltel phones and I thought it would be best to go ahead and port over. I am debating between the BlackBerry Tour, Samsung Omnia, LG enV Touch, BlackBerry Storm, or the BlackBerry Storm 2 (when it comes out)

money is not really an issue, I just want to know which one out of those, you guys recommend

also, Verizon has NO reception at my house, will it be able to use Alltel's towers and I need the phone to have a pretty strong antenna, as Alltel is not great where I live
    07-26-09 03:23 PM
    Well it depends on what you want.. do you want a blackberry or a non-blackberry touch screen or not touch screen...
    07-26-09 03:24 PM
    Well it depends on what you want.. do you want a blackberry or a non-blackberry touch screen or not touch screen...

well, I like my current BlackBerry, but it really does not matter, and as for the touch screen thing, I don't want it to be locking up and slow and stuff like that
    07-26-09 03:26 PM
    This is kind of a silly post. We have NO idea what you want out of a phone other than you "like (your) current blackberry". Before anyone can answer a question for you (one that you should be answering for yourself btw), you need to decide what it is you want out of a phone.

Some examples:
    WIFI?
    GPS?
    Touchscreen or full hardware QWERTY keyboard?
    Will you be using it for media purposes like streaming music or loading up with MP3s?

Or, just buy the Tour, you'll like I'm sure.
    07-26-09 03:30 PM
    i had the Omnia since launch back in late november and i just switched to the Tour. the Omnia crawls compared to the Tour and the touch screen isnt the best either. if you want a smartphone then i would recommend a Blackberry, but the env touch is a great all around phone for texting and music.
    07-26-09 03:30 PM
    Or you could wait about 6 wks for the Omnia2. Probably the most exciting phone to ever hit Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 03:43 PM
    Six weeks?
    07-26-09 03:58 PM
    It has supposedly been accepted by verizon, has already been released in Singapore and Samsung is supposedly cranking out cdma versions like they are going out of style.

Now here's where I really get my thoughts from. The initial run on verizon is reported to be winmo 6.1 pro upgradeable to 6.5 pro for free when it comes out. Winmo 6.5pro is due out in September.

So it might be less than 6 weeks.

07-26-09 04:42 PM
    Omnia 2 wouldn't be a bad phone to get if you don't mind virtual keyboard. It would have more features and apps then blackberry but the battery life isn't anything like BB.

I had the current omnia for a bit and the battery life was less then half my Tour or Curve.

If you like touchscreen and the ultimate communications tool then wait for the Storm 2.
    07-26-09 05:08 PM
    Save yourself some money by porting to tmobile...8900 curve is what I would recomend...wifi, 3.2 mp camer with autofocus, free tethering and my faves...

07-26-09 05:22 PM
    Wi-fi is imperative if you don't get good Verizon signal in your house, trust me. Maybe hold out for Storm 2?
    07-26-09 05:25 PM
    Save yourself some money by porting to tmobile...8900 curve is what I would recomend...wifi, 3.2 mp camer with autofocus, free tethering and my faves...

If you look at Tmobile 3G coverage map its easy to understand why you can have free tethering. VZ has its own version of my favs.
    07-26-09 05:37 PM
    And if you look at the fact the 8900 piece of crap is 2G GSM and verizon is 3G CDMA you might understand why your silly idea wouldn't be the best idea.

That Omnia2 AMOLED screen promises battery life that obliterates BB. The reports out of Singapore with real-life use proves it.

07-26-09 07:07 PM
    Get the curve.
    07-26-09 07:17 PM

That Omnia2 AMOLED screen promises battery life that obliterates BB. The reports out of Singapore with real-life use proves it.

Meh.. When I see winmo have good battery life then I'll believe it. Knowing how you are I'm surprised that you would take anything out of Singapore to be trustworthy
    07-26-09 07:18 PM
    **** desertdogs **** omnia and **** verizon the only sill idea is you on crackberry talikn bout an omnia?!

07-26-09 11:08 PM
    **** desertdogs **** omnia and **** verizon the only sill idea is you on crackberry talikn bout an omnia?!

Crackberry is owned by Smartphone Experts, not Blackberry.

The stupidity I see is you trolling tmobile on the verizon forums.

07-26-09 11:16 PM
    no sir I simply suggested a nice looking bb and a better price plan...

07-26-09 11:51 PM
    Ok, I tell you what, if T-Mobile has a sigle bar at my house, I will switch and I will suck your ****

Even if they did, Alltel beats the **** out of T-Mobile in Arkansas, as their HQ was here in Little Rock, they have 3G all over the state, T-Moble has none

07-27-09 12:13 AM
    Well, this certainly got angry fast!

My point earlier I think has been proved. Everyone here will tell you something different, INCLUDING reccomending non-BB devices. It's really something you need to decide for yourself to be happy.
    07-27-09 12:27 AM
    Lol, I am not angry, just letting him know

And my main concern is if the BB Storm 2 is going to be laggy like the first one, I have eliminated the Omnia or any other WM device

07-27-09 12:31 AM
    And in the end it will be my decision, I am just getting some opinions

07-27-09 12:32 AM
    Or you could wait about 6 wks for the Omnia2. Probably the most exciting phone to ever hit Verizon.

6 Weeks???
    07-27-09 07:25 AM
    6 Weeks???
    Yes and if I am wrong, I will buy one anyway.

YouTube - Samsung OMNIA 2 (i8000) video review/preview - ENG -

Two biggest power draws on a phone are processor and screen. AMOLED takes a tenth of the power of an lcd tft screen like on your BB because it requires no backlight. It is much thinner too. Check out the above video link. It even works on BB. But with the Omnia II, you will be able to watch any online video and not just youtube ones.

07-27-09 08:33 AM
    first off go with a carrier that you can get reception at your house, otherwise it doesn't matter which phone you get.
    07-27-09 09:17 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD