I have an Alltel BlackBerry 8330 and I was always able to send texts to landlines, but for some reason, ever since they merged, I am unable to do this. I have called Verizon a few times and they are not very helpful.

My landline is provided by AT&T, if that matters.
    10-15-09 05:43 PM
    How would the landline recieve the text? As a voice message? Or in the caller id area? I was not aware that you could send a text to a landline.
    10-15-09 05:45 PM
    everything worked fine before the merger, btw
    10-15-09 05:46 PM
    How would the landline recieve the text? As a voice message? Or in the caller id area? I was not aware that you could send a text to a landline.

yeah, or at least you can with Alltel

but when they answer the phone, it tells the message you sent, its pretty neat
    10-15-09 05:48 PM
    Text-to-speech - extra charge.

Try sending one to your home number - your phone should prompt you for the service.

It is blockable by anyone with account access.
    10-15-09 05:48 PM
    no, it was actually free when Alltel was Alltel, it just cost a text message

and I tried, it didn't work
    10-15-09 05:49 PM
    It is an extra charge on VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:50 PM
    but I a still on an Alltel plan and everything
    10-15-09 05:51 PM
    That IS a neat feature. And why does it not surprise me that big red charges extra.
    10-15-09 05:57 PM
    but I a still on an Alltel plan and everything
    Doesn't matter - that is considered a premium text service & outside the bounds of the contract or plan.

Answers to FAQs
    10-15-09 06:17 PM

10-15-09 06:36 PM
    Not to mention there was and still might be an intercarrier SMS outage that was happening today
    10-15-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD