Question for any VZW employees out there.

Background: I purchased a Storm 1 back in November/December, eligible for NE2 upgrade in August, 2010 but I would love to snag a Storm 2 when it comes out.

Assuming the S2 comes out in November (we'll say 12 months into my plan) and I wanted to upgrade to the S2, what fees would I be on the hook for? I understand the concept of VZW subsidizing phones and therefore totally don't mind paying extra, but I'm just curious to know what the extra would be to see if it's worth it.

I have a $39.99 plan plus $29.99 consumer data plan with 19% corp discount. Let's also assume the S2 price point is $199 with two year contract, so I'm only interested in a ballpark of the net fees above that.

Thanks in advance!
    08-20-09 04:49 PM
    They have a 1 year upgrade path. Check online at their 1 year prices to see what you will pay for a phone.
    08-20-09 09:58 PM
    If you are on your own plan, which it sounds like you are you can upgrade one year to the day of your purchase at the 2 year cost plus 20 dollars

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 10:00 PM
    Actually he would not qualify for an annual upgrade and would have to pay full retail, UNLESS VZW made an exception, OR if he upped his base plan to more than 49.95 a month, 3 or more month BEFORE he hits the 12 month point. I suspect thou, that verizon WILL do something for Storm 1 owners and letting us all, even those under the annual upgrade threshold, use the annual COULD be it.

Otherwise he's looking at full retail.
    08-21-09 02:31 PM
    I would suggest changing to the 450 Email plan. Its a few dollars more but you will qualify for annual upgrade at just the right time.

08-21-09 02:37 PM
    Actually he would not qualify for an annual upgrade and would have to pay full retail, UNLESS VZW made an exception, OR if he upped his base plan to more than 49.95 a month, 3 or more month BEFORE he hits the 12 month point. I suspect thou, that verizon WILL do something for Storm 1 owners and letting us all, even those under the annual upgrade threshold, use the annual COULD be it.

That's exactly what I thought. Thank you for the second opinion!
    08-21-09 03:24 PM

This is correct, but depending on account related data, we do often make exceptions.

08-21-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD