I just got back from a run to the store down the street from my office to look at the Tour, since the AT&T tower that is barely 500 feet away keeps having issues about once a week, therefore, no data during those outages. As I was leaving, I asked for a rate plan sheet, only to be handed a 40+ page book covering everything I don't care to know about. There are only two pages in there that interest me, rate plans and Blackberry plans. So the remaining 38+ pages are essentially trash (the entire thing will be at some point). Whatever happened to the tri-fold flyer?

I'll admit, I'm not the most environmentally friendly person in the world, but really, 40 pages of glossy paper when many people only care about a couple is a bit excessive.
    08-27-09 10:49 AM
    We're the biggest carrier out there.
    Now you know.
    08-27-09 10:51 AM
    cost of making a 40 page book is cheaper than making 30 different tri-fold flyers. also, when a customer asks for info reguarding vzw, isnt it easier to hand 1 book rather than 30 different tri-fold flyers?
    08-27-09 10:53 AM
    There's a lot of legalese in things like that that legally must be handed out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 11:03 AM
    cost of making a 40 page book is cheaper than making 30 different tri-fold flyers. also, when a customer asks for info reguarding vzw, isnt it easier to hand 1 book rather than 30 different tri-fold flyers?
    Agree fully. The 40 page book makes seeing all VZW has to offer very easy.

08-27-09 11:23 AM
    I just got back from a run to the store down the street from my office to look at the Tour, since the AT&T tower that is barely 500 feet away keeps having issues about once a week, therefore, no data during those outages. As I was leaving, I asked for a rate plan sheet, only to be handed a 40+ page book covering everything I don't care to know about. There are only two pages in there that interest me, rate plans and Blackberry plans. So the remaining 38+ pages are essentially trash (the entire thing will be at some point). Whatever happened to the tri-fold flyer?

I'll admit, I'm not the most environmentally friendly person in the world, but really, 40 pages of glossy paper when many people only care about a couple is a bit excessive.
    So the people that might be interested in our none blackberry data products, Canada plans, pre-pay and the other various things dont matter? Just because you have no use for that stuff, MANY other people do.
    08-27-09 11:51 AM
    He's sayin its trash to him I think...
    08-27-09 12:00 PM
    Wow, I guess I won't be posting in the Verizon forums again. Probably a good thing I decided to stick with AT&T, especially when I remembered all the problems I had when I was with VZ a few years ago.

I also realize it is more expensive to print 30-2 page flyers, however, you don't need to print the same amount of each! Start with enough to last the stores a while, then track what is being refillied the most and print more of those.
    Last edited by miller7796; 08-27-09 at 01:55 PM.
    08-27-09 01:43 PM
    Thank you for that.

EDIT: Sidenote:This guy feels like we ran him off/were rude to him when really it makes perfect sense right?
    08-27-09 01:55 PM
    *smacks face* here we go again
    08-27-09 02:08 PM
    Wow, I guess I won't be posting in the Verizon forums again. Probably a good thing I decided to stick with AT&T, especially when I remembered all the problems I had when I was with VZ a few years ago.

I also realize it is more expensive to print 30-2 page flyers, however, you don't need to print the same amount of each! Start with enough to last the stores a while, then track what is being refillied the most and print more of those.
    You have to admit at least SOME of the info was helpful?

Personally, I see those books as a waste - not so much because of the paper, but because of the incomplete information in them.

The paper part is miniscule, compared to the ads that hit in the Sunday paper. It's a good thing I won't take the Sunday rubbish - or the Monday - Saturday rags either.

In defense of the book, have you ever been to a car dealership? They have every brochure EXCEPT for the one you're interested in.

Better idea - check verizonwireless.com & forget about the printed stuff - the prints are usually out of date anyway.

08-27-09 03:56 PM
    Better idea - check verizonwireless.com & forget about the printed stuff - the prints are usually out of date anyway.
    I was going to say that... What's wrong with the website? If I wanted info on well anything I would check the internet before I asked a store for a hard copy.
    08-27-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD