I screwed up, big time, and Verizon isn't helping me at all. In a moment of weakness, I activated a non-BlackBerry phone on my account. I was frustrated after multiple problems with a Pearl (two warranty replacements in the span of one week), and one of those same problems creeping up on my week old Curve. Within 6 hours of having no push email and no BlackBerry Messenger, I literally started to shake and hyperventilate. I couldn't fall asleep last night (I know, I sound really sad...)

So, I call Verizon "customer service" this morning with the request to reactivate my BlackBerry. Their initial response was, "Sure, no problem!" So, the rep goes into the system to try and change me back to a BlackBerry rate plan. ROAD BLOCK! Their system won't let you have 3 rate plan changes in a billing period and it will NOT let her make the change! I almost die. I ask to speak to a supervisor. He can't override it either. My billing cycle doesn't start over until Monday. He tells me there's nothing they can do until Monday. I almost die, again. I start pouting. He asks me what he can do in the meantime to make this better, because there's absolutely no way he can do anything about my BlackBerry until Monday (I got my NE2 date back to its original date instead of the date based on when I bought my original BlackBerry, which was purchased while under contract). He was able to take the pain away a little bit...but I feel like a sad individual because I'm actually depressed about this.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson, big time. I'm not going to be happy until Monday when I can reactivate my Curve and go back to my happy happy place.

Now, if anyone knows a way around this block in Verizon's system, I'll be hugely impressed.
    05-22-08 08:04 AM
    Wow, that's pretty harsh, I didn't know of that policy either. I'm sorry to hear of your anguish. Can you open another line on your account for 10bucks more and then activate it on that line? Well, guess you would have another number then huh? I don't know I will rack the brain and try to think of a way around. I wonder why you had the problem with the push email and the bb messenger in the first place.
    05-22-08 09:05 AM
    I wasn't having a problem with push or BBM...I started ******** out within 6 hours of no BB and not having either one. My problems with the BB are problems I found out are not unique to me and seem to just be a glitch with Verizon BBs.

I called customer service again, and this rep told me even if I added another line, my BB could not be activated until Monday. The problem is that the BB is not compatible with the voice plan I am currently on, and that plan cannot be changed until Monday. She told me there was no way that the IT department could override this, nor any manager or supervisor. Their system just roadblocks it completely.

I wish somewhere Verizon would make its customers aware of this policy. Had I known it existed, I'd have made sure to make any changes to a plan at the very beginning of a billing cycle if at all.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I'll know for next time...
    05-22-08 09:14 AM
    I hear you there man, same thing happened to me when i switched back and forth between my BB and treo and tried to go back to my BB. I had to wait a month before my new plan took effect.
    05-22-08 09:57 AM
    Sorry, they did tell you the truth, their system is set at a 3 change per month cap, I learned this in November. At least it's only Monday and not 3 weeks away..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 10:01 AM
    I screwed up, big time, and Verizon isn't helping me at all. In a moment of weakness, I activated a non-BlackBerry phone on my account. I was frustrated after multiple problems with a Pearl (two warranty replacements in the span of one week), and one of those same problems creeping up on my week old Curve. Within 6 hours of having no push email and no BlackBerry Messenger, I literally started to shake and hyperventilate. I couldn't fall asleep last night (I know, I sound really sad...)

So, I call Verizon "customer service" this morning with the request to reactivate my BlackBerry. Their initial response was, "Sure, no problem!" So, the rep goes into the system to try and change me back to a BlackBerry rate plan. ROAD BLOCK! Their system won't let you have 3 rate plan changes in a billing period and it will NOT let her make the change! I almost die. I ask to speak to a supervisor. He can't override it either. My billing cycle doesn't start over until Monday. He tells me there's nothing they can do until Monday. I almost die, again. I start pouting. He asks me what he can do in the meantime to make this better, because there's absolutely no way he can do anything about my BlackBerry until Monday (I got my NE2 date back to its original date instead of the date based on when I bought my original BlackBerry, which was purchased while under contract). He was able to take the pain away a little bit...but I feel like a sad individual because I'm actually depressed about this.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson, big time. I'm not going to be happy until Monday when I can reactivate my Curve and go back to my happy happy place.

Now, if anyone knows a way around this block in Verizon's system, I'll be hugely impressed.
    Well, that'll learn ya! LOL Seriously, I feel your pain--I can't imagine being without my BB.....here's hoping that the ensuing days pass quickly.
    05-22-08 10:04 AM
    What issues are you having with your Verizon BB's? I haven't had any issues with either my 8130 or 8330
    If you can find my "Problematic Pearl" thread, that should sum it up...lol
    Well, that'll learn ya! LOL Seriously, I feel your pain--I can't imagine being without my BB.....here's hoping that the ensuing days pass quickly.
    I pretty much had a panic attack about it. If I can find anyway to get around this, whoever can do it will be my hero.
    05-22-08 10:09 AM
    there is no way around it.. its programmed into verizons sysem to not allow more than 3 rate changes a month.. but if you went from BB to BB, you should not have changed plans... so technically you can have as many esn swaps as you need... but i dont know why you changed your plan so much...
    Edit: i noticed you changed from BB to a non-BB which would require a plan change.. but if im reading correctly that would count as 2 swaps, to the non bb and back to bb... where did the 3rd come from?
    05-22-08 10:26 AM
    I suggest Methodone

05-22-08 10:45 AM
    I would just use the regular phone and enjoy the holiday weekend. No sense fretting over things beyond your control.

05-22-08 10:45 AM
    First and foremost I really feel your pain. Second I would consider looking at your wireless carrier and start considering other alternatives. Find someone who will not dictate how and when on your changes. I have several friends that have VZW and they are always unhappy about little things on their billing cycle, (I am not slamming VZW just stating MY opinion.) Again sorry for pain, but it looks like they got you by the b*lls. The only other thing I could possibly think of is drive them crazy by calling every couple of hours until they get sick of you or they find someone with enough power to make the change. Good Luck
    05-22-08 11:06 AM
    I work for an indirect VZW agent, and technically the BB's data plan is a feature add which is different from a price plan change, the price plans are minutes/texting. If you have an indirect (non-corporate) agent nearby I would drop in and tell them to give it a try, I wouldnt advise giving me the information needed to do it, the internet is a scary place.
    05-22-08 12:34 PM
    Dude!! That really sucks the big one!!!! You got screwed and didn't even get a courtsy reach around.

That's why MaMa always told me not to play with matches. You will get burnt. =8' )
    05-22-08 01:39 PM
    If you can find my "Problematic Pearl" thread, that should sum it up...lol

I pretty much had a panic attack about it. If I can find anyway to get around this, whoever can do it will be my hero.
    Not only are you prone to Temper or as you call it (panic ) attack, you're also doubtful of what anyone tells you. You, yourself admits that you messed up big time, why don't you just wait till your next billing cycle for everything to revert back to where it was before messing up big time. Why run the risk of messing up again?
    Just my $0.02 worth.
    05-22-08 03:00 PM
    Calling over and over will just get the op a letter from legal about haressment and he'll never get to call again.

05-22-08 03:26 PM
    The 3rd rate plan change came at the beginning of the month when I realized I was paying for way more minutes than I'd ever use. As for why they couldn't add the BB feature to my current calling plan...current plan = not compatible with BB. It's the premium plan with unlimited VZ Navigator, e-mail, text, pix, flix, and web browsing.

Everyone I talked to was polite and tried to help, but their hands were just tied. They understood my frustration and all echoed that as a consumer, they would be upset about such a policy existing that they were not informed of.

Live and learn, I guess.

My BB will be even sweeter and my lesson even more beat into my head come Monday...it's only four days, I'll make it. It just sucks in the meantime.
    05-22-08 05:38 PM
    I can finally relax....my berry is back!

05-26-08 05:48 AM
    I'm with ATT. Once I changed my plan four times in ONE DAY. I think that week saw a total of nine changes.

I think I'm back to normal now. Whatever that is.

05-26-08 07:06 AM
    i was starting to worry and wonder...

today's monday
    05-26-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD