Im confused. WHat exactly is the HTML email supposed to look like? I used to have BB Smart viewer. That app made the emails look alot different with colors and font. With the new 4.5 html can we change color and font? How do I know if its working? Kinda looks like my 4.3. I already resent my service books and changed all my settings to the proper setting. Thanks in advance.
    11-06-08 05:42 AM
    I am only seeing some empty boxes on my screen where the pix should be. I also upgraded to 4.5 this week and resent my service books. Hope someone has a solution!
    11-06-08 06:06 AM
    @RedSoxFreak67
    While viewing the e-mail, try options>get images.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 06:45 AM
    Just get Empower Pro html viewer, it is a great app and in the long run worth your time and money.
    11-06-08 06:50 AM
    Sweet! Thanks a bunch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 06:50 AM
    Just get Empower Pro html viewer, it is a great app and in the long run worth your time and money.
    Why pay for something that is already there and working. the Get images and all images in OS 4.5 for email, is a security feature. Not that big of a deal. but I don't see the better in the long run for something that is already running okay.
    11-06-08 07:21 AM
    Why pay for something that is already there and working. the Get images and all images in OS 4.5 for email, is a security feature. Not that big of a deal. but I don't see the better in the long run for something that is already running okay.
    I have had both 4.5 and EMpower. Empower is much better as it allows you to customize your email: background, font, colors etc.---the new HTML does not allow all of that. Also, Empower and 4.5 do not play nicely-----when you get an email with an attachment, you cannot open the attachment in HTML for that matter you cannot bring up the menu when in the email. I switched back to 4.3 for various reasons one of which was I like Empower much better than HTML.
    11-06-08 08:24 AM
    All you have to do is go under options in the email setting and turn off html feature for all your email accounts and Empower will take over. That is as long as you have installed the Empower Upgrade for 4.5. If not email them and they will confirm your purchase via PIN and send you the link to use OTA to download the upgrade. Good luck and be well.
    11-06-08 08:36 AM
    I have had both 4.5 and EMpower. Empower is much better as it allows you to customize your email: background, font, colors etc.---the new HTML does not allow all of that. Also, Empower and 4.5 do not play nicely-----when you get an email with an attachment, you cannot open the attachment in HTML for that matter you cannot bring up the menu when in the email. I switched back to 4.3 for various reasons one of which was I like Empower much better than HTML.
    I dunno about you, but I'd rather have the correct HTML rendering on emails come in then something "making changes" to the way the email should look. If someone sends me an email with a funky stationary, I want to see that, not what EMpower is set to. And I certainly don't want it to change the font and color of said font from what it was in the original sent message. I'll take my BIS/BES rendering please.
    11-06-08 09:42 AM
    I dunno about you, but I'd rather have the correct HTML rendering on emails come in then something "making changes" to the way the email should look. If someone sends me an email with a funky stationary, I want to see that, not what EMpower is set to. And I certainly don't want it to change the font and color of said font from what it was in the original sent message. I'll take my BIS/BES rendering please.
    Very well put, and the point I was trying to make...
    11-06-08 09:48 AM
    to each his own, I simple offered my opinion!
    11-06-08 09:59 AM
    to each his own, I simple offered my opinion!
    Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure you understood that EM doesn't really do full/exact HTML rendering. It customizes the display of the email and provides the images in the HTML picture tags... everything else is kinda up in the air to some extent.
    11-06-08 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD