FoxNews, Reuters & Bloomberg reporting HTC Touch Pro 2 on sale @ VZW Friday 091109.

Interest?

I see a Tilt on steroids - not a bad thing, mind you. Just nothing revolutionary. It is a pretty good device that I was hoping would be released with WM6.5 & not the 6.1 it has.

Hopefully they will make the upgrade path simple for most.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 12:11 PM
    6.5 if you havent had a chance to play with it...(eventhough im sure you did ) is FAR superior to 6.1.

I cant wait until we start releasing phones with that OS, i will like WinMo again.
    09-10-09 12:23 PM
    Is this the one with TALKS?
    09-10-09 12:40 PM
    A friend of mine who uses the Touch Pro from Sprint told me to stay away from the Touch Pro 2 simply for the fact that other then being able to get WinMo 6.5 the device itself is only an incremental upgrade and nothing special. Being that I don't know what the exact specs of the phone are this may be false but it would not surprise me. I still want to check it out but it does not seem like anything to rush to the stores for.
    09-10-09 01:43 PM
    Like the girl next door, I'll give it a try.
    09-10-09 02:00 PM
    There are enough enhancements to make it worth a look - WM6.5 (available 10/07) is a big one.

Typical of HTC WM devices, it is a bit on the heavy side, a plus for my oversized hands. I might like it a lot better if I was comfortable with TouchFLO - but I am partial to Samsung's TouchWiz2.

09-10-09 02:50 PM
    I'm anti stylus.... Other than that it's nice. Very nice super high res display is nice.
    09-10-09 02:50 PM
    I prob won't get the tp2 but I am excited for vzw to be getting it. I am going to wait until the storm2 comes out. But if it ends up sucking I will probably go with the tp2!
    09-10-09 03:19 PM
    Looks dope.. but I still prefer a BlackBerry.
    09-10-09 03:33 PM
    Don't know if anyone noticed, but the TP2 is available for purchase online. It is $299.99 with a $100 instant rebate for 2 year price. Just thought I would point it out.
    09-11-09 01:31 PM
    i hope it dosent have as horrible battery life as the original tp.
    mine had to be charged 3-4 times a day under heavy use
    09-11-09 01:34 PM
    i hope it dosent have as horrible battery life as the original tp.
    mine had to be charged 3-4 times a day under heavy use
    The specs indicate a range a bit higher than reality - as if that is any surprise - but it is pretty good as long as you stay out of the WiFi.

09-11-09 01:51 PM
    yeah i had to have wifi,gps and had to do reg hacks in order to have an ok battery.

dont think i could take a winmo battery hog again, lol
    09-11-09 03:59 PM
    yeah i had to have wifi,gps and had to do reg hacks in order to have an ok battery.

dont think i could take a winmo battery hog again, lol
    The Omnia2 has a better battery life than Curve, Tour or Storm - again, as long as WiFi is kept in check.

09-11-09 05:19 PM
    The Omnia2 has a better battery life than Curve, Tour or Storm - again, as long as WiFi is kept in check.

Now if they would only release it! Hopefully by Oct/Nov it will be out.
    09-11-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD