View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • StormII/Odin

13 50.00%
  • HTC Hero

13 50.00%
    So I've waited and waited to pick up the Odin/StormII and spoke w/a rep who was dropping his Iphone and going w/Sprint and the HTC Hero to save some money on his plan. I went in today and spoke w/another guy and got hands on w/HTC Hero and he said not to worry because it would probably be coming to VZ within a few weeks. I don't mind the Windows OS and it's supposedly greatly improved. Does anyone know anything about it? I guess more importantly, I just want feedback on these two phones...or at least speculation w/the Storm II vs. HTC Hero.
    Please Help.
    I currently have a Pearl, and either of these phones I feel is a big step up...it's been driving me nuts lately.
    10-11-09 11:23 PM
    The Hero is the better choice - but it is an Android phone, not WM, and has the HTC Sense overlay.
    10-11-09 11:31 PM
    I recommend playing with both before making that decision. That's what I am going to do with the Storm 2, Omnia II, Hero, and Imagio

See, I love BlackBerry's, so the Storm 2 appeals more to me right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 11:36 PM
    storm 2 for sure.
    10-12-09 01:00 AM
    I just saw pics of VZ head honcho holding what appears to be VZ's version of the Hero. Is this true? If so, I like the Sprint version better....at least visually.
    10-12-09 01:19 AM
    I just saw pics of VZ head honcho holding what appears to be VZ's version of the Hero. Is this true? If so, I like the Sprint version better....at least visually.
    Interesting - several months ago, I saw a picture of a VZW big shot holding up a GSM version of the HTC Touch Pro 2. The release version looks nothing like that picture.

But if prerelease images are worth more to you than high quality service, more power to you.

Perhaps you made a wrong turn somewhere. Allow me to point you in the right direction...

Sprint (Nextel)
    10-12-09 02:41 AM
    Funny thing...
    Since the Hero released on Sprint not 24 hours ago... There has been somewhat of a problem with the 3G speeds. Everyone is in a panic because a good deal of the devices are only showing Rev.0 speeds in areas where Rev. A should be present. Some of the devices have "With Google" on the battery cover and others have "HTC," and theres some speculation and rumors debating whether the "With Google" phones are newer, since those seem to be the only models showing Rev. A

Poor Sprint just can't release a good device the right way (not to say VZW hasn't had its fair share of problems)...

EDIT: EvDo Rev. 0

Pretty much, if VZW gets a Hero-esque device, I hope it doesn't launch with issues like this...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 10-12-09 at 03:11 AM.
    10-12-09 03:05 AM
    As with the Pre, Sprint is again proving they don't test device performance before releasing a phone.

10-12-09 03:17 AM
    This could actually turn out to be pretty bad, especially if its something they can't fix with some sort of update. Unfortunately I don't know the details of the situation well enough or the technology behind it to know if its possible, or if they may be looking at recalls...

But Rev. 0 is pretty much unacceptable these days. I would be pretty irritated if I came home with my shiny new Hero and only got Rev. 0

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out...
    10-12-09 04:11 AM
    You know thats going to be a tough one for me... When April comes around the corner; we'll have to see whats on the lineup. I wouldnt be adverse to an android. I would have a hard time going to a different platform for sure. Not sure how vzw is going to work out the data plans either. I honestly dont want to increase my pp another $15 to get wireless sync which to me is paramount to having a non blackberry smartphone.
    IMO
    10-12-09 09:36 AM
    I have several friend with heros who love them
    10-12-09 09:57 AM
    Well, part of my issue was solved when wife informed me today she was laid off. I guess we'll stick with VZ and see what comes up...probably be stuffing money in our mattress for a while.
    10-12-09 05:48 PM
    Datasheet-State: Preliminary specifications
    Release;Date: August, 2009
    Project+Codename: HTC Hero 130
    Browse all devices under HTC Hero 130 codename
    Dimensions: 56.2 x 112 x 14.35 millimetres
    Mass: 135 grams (battery included)
    Software_Environment
    Embedded;Operating;System: Google Android 1.5
    Browse devices running this OS
    Microprocessor,_Chipset
    CPU+Clock: 528 MHz
    CPU: Qualcomm MSM7200A
    Browse devices based on this microprocessor
    Memory,-Storage-capacity
    RAM;capacity: 288 MiB
    ROM;capacity: 512 MiB
    Display
    Display+Type: color transflective TFT , 65536 scales
    Display_Diagonal: 3.2 "
    Display-Resolution: 320 x 480

From the screen size I would go with the S2. Touch screen for me the more
    the better.
    But then again for me it's all about what blows your hair back
    10-12-09 06:00 PM
    The Hero is really nothing to write home about.

Nothing in that statement against Android or HTC - there are just far better devices out there

It is basically the Android phone for soccer moms with small hands.

10-12-09 07:54 PM
    How about something like the ProTouch2? No one seems to have it available either?
    10-12-09 10:02 PM
    So I've waited and waited to pick up the Odin/StormII and spoke w/a rep who was dropping his Iphone and going w/Sprint and the HTC Hero to save some money on his plan. I went in today and spoke w/another guy and got hands on w/HTC Hero and he said not to worry because it would probably be coming to VZ within a few weeks. I don't mind the Windows OS and it's supposedly greatly improved. Does anyone know anything about it? I guess more importantly, I just want feedback on these two phones...or at least speculation w/the Storm II vs. HTC Hero.
    Please Help.
    I currently have a Pearl, and either of these phones I feel is a big step up...it's been driving me nuts lately.
    If you're going to the hero just wait then cause verizon is getting 2 android phones hence the partnership of VZW and Google! wOOOOOOOOOOOOT
    10-13-09 03:54 AM
    is there any word on when the hero is coming to vzw
    10-14-09 02:54 AM
    Do you Verizon guys ever read anything all the way through or do you just hit the negative and stop reading? Do verify what you read on other forums?

Seriously if you did your homework and completely read everything about the Sprint Hero Rev0/RevA issue you would have seen it's a labeling issue in the program.

For your educational reading:

Some HTC Hero units shipping sans EV-DO Rev. A on Sprint?

And let's not talk about Verizon's last two BB releases, Storm anyone? Tour anyone? And yes I know Sprint's Tour had the same issues, exactly why I went to the Hero.

Funny thing...
    Since the Hero released on Sprint not 24 hours ago... There has been somewhat of a problem with the 3G speeds. Everyone is in a panic because a good deal of the devices are only showing Rev.0 speeds in areas where Rev. A should be present. Some of the devices have "With Google" on the battery cover and others have "HTC," and theres some speculation and rumors debating whether the "With Google" phones are newer, since those seem to be the only models showing Rev. A

Poor Sprint just can't release a good device the right way (not to say VZW hasn't had its fair share of problems)...

EDIT: EvDo Rev. 0

Pretty much, if VZW gets a Hero-esque device, I hope it doesn't launch with issues like this...
    Last edited by ERDude; 10-14-09 at 03:33 AM.
    10-14-09 03:30 AM
    ERDude, out of curiosity could you possibly get me a review of the Hero? I'm considering it when it eventually comes to Verizon. Especially the responsiveness.
    10-14-09 03:40 AM
    Do you Verizon guys ever read anything all the way through or do you just hit the negative and stop reading? Do verify what you read on other forums?

Seriously if you did your homework and completely read everything about the Sprint Hero Rev0/RevA issue you would have seen it's a labeling issue in the program.

For your educational reading:

Some HTC Hero units shipping sans EV-DO Rev. A on Sprint?

And let's not talk about Verizon's last two BB releases, Storm anyone? Tour anyone? And yes I know Sprint's Tour had the same issues, exactly why I went to the Hero.
    Do you Sprint guys ever read anything all the way through? Or do you just come trolling on the Verizon board looking to start **** with the first person who has something negative to say about your precious carrier...

If you took your own advise and were paying any sort of attention, and had READ EVERYTHING, you would have realized that my post about the Rev. 0 issues was from back on the 12th (at like 3AM) when it was still an issue and neither Sprint or HTC had addressed it yet...

On top of that, you clearly didn't take your own advise and read my post ALL THE WAY THROUGH, because you would have read where I said, "not to say VZW hasn't had its fair share of problems," implying I am aware of recent Verizon handset launches not going as planned...

And the worst part is you quoted me, and didn't even read my post, at least not ALL THE WAY THROUGH, like you yourself accused us Verizon guys of doing, and in the same post at that...

And finally you're the one on Sprint... Enough said...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 10-14-09 at 04:35 AM.
    10-14-09 04:26 AM
    On a different note...
    Rumors had been that the Verizon HTC Android phone would be called the "Desire..."
    I'm not too picky about names, but would rather have a phone called the Hero, rather than Desire...
    10-14-09 02:15 PM
    On a different note...
    Rumors had been that the Verizon HTC Android phone would be called the "Desire..."
    I'm not too picky about names, but would rather have a phone called the Hero, rather than Desire...
    So you do or you don't have a Desire for a Hero?

10-14-09 02:37 PM
    I Desire a name that isn't so delicate...

I like the name Hero... But then again I'm not sure I want a device that was primarily (in the US at least) associated with Sprint...

If Verizon is better than Sprint, then hopefully we get something better than the Hero...
    10-14-09 02:47 PM
    I want a phone called murder.
    10-14-09 02:53 PM
    We could have a Samsung Samson.

That would be one hairy phone.

10-14-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD