The HP Mini 1151NR will be the first netbook to be released for $199 with a 2 year contract on a Mobile Broadband Access plan. It boasts an internal Verizon data card.

Specs:
    WiFi
    Intel Atom N270 Processor
    1gb Ram
    80gb Hard Drive

A basic laptop to get basic things done on the road.

Today our MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) popped up as well as a training sheet on the netbook. Verizon has not released it yet, but it will likely come out tomorrow or Monday of next week.
    05-14-09 04:02 PM
    Excellent!! I am very close to a Radio Shack, and it will be great to have a product that not only competes with AT&T but beats them hands down. Will they use the 5 and 10 GB plans or will there finally be an unlimited plan
    Initially the advertised plans available are capped at 5gb. There are higher, unadvertised plans out there, however they are far from cheap.

Speculation is when the 4g network roles out, we'll see truly unlimited data. However there is very little to back up that speculation, so we can cross our fingers and hope for the best.
    05-14-09 04:20 PM
    Not mention I think I read today also that overages are being reduced from 25 cents down to 5 and 10 cents dependant on plan. Also the 50 mb plan is being raised to 250 mb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 05:17 PM
    Not mention I think I read today also that overages are being reduced from 25 cents down to 5 and 10 cents dependant on plan. Also the 50 mb plan is being raised to 250 mb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

That is true
    05-14-09 05:21 PM
    does this mean that this will have a verizon signal thing already built into the device or do you have to plug in one of those cards?
    05-14-09 10:10 PM
    does this mean that this will have a verizon signal thing already built into the device or do you have to plug in one of those cards?
    It's built in
    05-14-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD