08-10-08 05:51 PM
142 ... 23456
tools
    I'm loving my curve....

I got it on last wednesday....

Mom dukes wanted my 8830 (red - VZW) so i told her i would trade if she let me use her new every 2 and she was wit it...

Phone was on sale, got my new every 2 rebate, plus another rebate since the phone was so popular

GRAND TOTAL: $105.99

PLUS I got a $50.00 maily in rebate

how SWEET is that....gotta thank mom dukes for that one
    05-17-08 04:30 PM
    I love my Curve. I do wish it had more memory.
    05-17-08 04:35 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but this is the Verizon forum. That to me means that this thread should be about the CDMA Curve (8330). So all the non-cdma Curve people posting about internal memory wants or needs don't really apply here in the terms of comparing apples to apples, because the 8330 has 96MB vs the 8300/8310/8320 having only 64MB like all other BBs on the market at the moment.

No you are correct.. not sure why they are posting..... I start seeing people saying memory problems... but noticed they had another version.....

Who knows.. people like to post all over the place...
    05-17-08 04:38 PM
    Just got my 8330 this afternoon. Traded back in my 8830. First impressions?
    LOVE IT! Some key positive points:

1. Only cost me $50 after my upgrade
    2. Immediatly just feels better in my hand than the 8830
    3. CAN SEE THE KEYBOARD! So much better to read.
    4. Texting? Super easy to find keys and not hitting more than one at once.
    5. Volume! All those old ringer volume issues with the 8830 and ringtones? Non-existant! Actually have it on normal volume, with a LOW setting!
    6. CAMERA BABY! I dont use it too even take many, but receiving MMS would have been nice on the old phone. Now I dont have my friends guessing what number or email to send mms too

Negatives?
    Just the usual VZ crap. No Active GPS, no mobile IM built in. Those are pretty much the only two that effect me. GPS is no issue as I have a higher end Garmin unit in my truck. Mobile IM...so..I downloaded Jive Talk..

All in all, I'm a happy new user! I know a lot of this is repetitive to other users, but thought I'd share my good mood!

TJ
    05-19-08 07:02 PM
    my phone dims by itself even don't on the option i put don't dim and some times the keyboard light isn't on.
    It's the light sensitive aspect. The phone changes its backlight when you move from dark/light areas, overhead lighting affects it much more.

I got my curve on Tuesday and I'm in love with it, I havn't been in love with a phone like this in a long time. I came over from the voyager and I'm not looking back. Browsing speed is great, Recommend Opera Mini to those who haven't tried it.
    05-22-08 11:39 AM
    I love my curve. Only had it for a couple of months. Glad I switch from my DG Razor. My daughter was very excited to inhieret the DG with matching bluetooth. The Curve is like having a computer in my palm just slower. Looking foward to when they speed these toys up. Finally out of the stone age.
    05-22-08 12:27 PM
    I can hear people loud and clear and the speakerphone seems to be pretty loud too....the only thing that slightly bothers me is that the ringers don't seem very loud and I have them set on "loud" in my profiles...i have heard curves much much louder on at&t and tmobile
    Co-sign!! The ringer is not as loud as it was on the 8310 curve that I have....I like my ringtones to be as loud as possible!
    05-23-08 12:31 PM
    I love mine other than I can't send MMS. I can receive them though. Technical Support can't even figure it out, but that's no surprise.
    05-23-08 02:42 PM
    Co-sign!! The ringer is not as loud as it was on the 8310 curve that I have....I like my ringtones to be as loud as possible!
    I don't have this issue. I have a Curve for ATT that was issued for my work phone, and I am using the same tones on both, and I don't notice a difference in volume. Both sound loud and clear to me.
    05-23-08 03:39 PM
    The day I got my Curve and dumped my Windows Mobile Treo piece o' sh*t was the day I learned that these PDAs really can work! I had gone through 8 PalmOS Treos in 12 months, they all had quality issues. The Windows Mobile Treo was working fine, but annoying as **** to use.

I am now a crack convert!
    05-23-08 05:15 PM
    What's up with ****? I didn't realize h - e - l - l was a bad word. What's up with the censorship?
    05-23-08 05:15 PM
    Basic Member conduct.

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    05-23-08 09:16 PM
    I am missing the SureType hardcore...I didn't think I would! I also miss the chrome sides. They were pretty...

Other than that I adore my Curve. It's so pretty and yummy and awesome! I am running with 50Mb free, and I have Opera Mini, Weathereye, Chuzzle, Guitar Hero, Bowling. The only thing I removed was the multiple languages and the video too. I am pretty happy about that.
    05-24-08 04:45 AM
    Besides threaded messaging the other thing I miss from my Treo is the ability to sort contacts by category.

Other than those two things I haven't looked back, when I see people with a Treo I just shake my head and think poor poor soul!
    05-24-08 01:40 PM
    I have had my BB 8330 for just over two weeks and LOVE IT. This is my very first BB, and I'll never/ever go back to what I was using befor. I say "Go For It." "Q".
    05-24-08 06:47 PM
    Oh..............P.S...........My wife hates it!.........or it it just me she hates. LOL. "Q"
    05-24-08 06:48 PM
    OK, I've had the same antiquated t-mobile samsung for three years and finally took the plunge to a better phone and a company with a real network (I have the crimson 8310, so you know which one), and also a company that gives employees of MY company an excellent discount (25% off monthly service, both voice and data, not to mention discounts on accessories, etc). It's definitely a wonderful device and works well for the most part. The RIM designers and programmers deserve big kudos.

What I really dislike, and which is almost a show-stopper for me, is voice dialing. It truly sucks. I really wanted it for hands-off while driving. I have only 300 contacts and yet it can barely ever get it right. I've configured it many different ways and have done the digital adaption thing, but it just won't recognize my call commands. And that ridiculous artificial voice - most company's fake voices sound much, much better. What's up with that? Anyway, except for voice dialing, I'm a happy guy.
    05-24-08 08:42 PM
    I have to say again that I am SO happy I got rid of my Treo. It's amazing how switching to a new device can give you such a sense of freedom! Email on the Curve is such a thing of simplicity, and that's exactly why I got it. I'm out in the field a lot checking on my foreclosure listings, and being able to send and receive email at any time, anywhere, is a thing of beauty.

Thank you Blackberry, and thank you Verizon for giving me a first-class network and top rated customer service. I was an AT&T customer briefly -- for like 5 days when I tried the iPhone -- and I am thrilled to be using the Curve on Verizon. It just works, and it works beautifully!
    Last edited by SonnyBerry; 05-24-08 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo
    05-24-08 08:47 PM
    I have to say again that I am SO happy I got rid of my Treo. It's amazing how switching to a new device can give you such a sense of freedom! Email on the Curve is such a thing of simplicity, and that's exactly why I got it. I'm out in the field a lot checking on my foreclosure listings, and being able to send and receive email at any time, anywhere, is a thing of beauty.

Thank you Blackberry, and thank you Verizon for giving me a first-class network and top rated customer service. I was an AT&T customer briefly -- for like 5 days when I tried the iPhone -- and I am thrilled to be using the Curve on Verizon. It just works, and it works beautifully!
    Thanks for giving me a good laugh. If there is one word that Verizon Wireless and the Blackberry are NOT associated with it's "freedom."

If you want to just do email, the BB is the device for you and enjoy.
    06-03-08 08:25 AM
    love my curve...and thats coming from a 5 year windows mobile junkie!
    06-03-08 08:27 AM
    I've had mine for several weeks now and I really like it. The only thing that bothers me is how difficult it is for me to read the screen. I keep a pair of reading glasses handy now.
    06-03-08 08:40 AM
    Thanks for giving me a good laugh. If there is one word that Verizon Wireless and the Blackberry are NOT associated with it's "freedom."

If you want to just do email, the BB is the device for you and enjoy.
    Rock solid service and coverage from Verizon and a practically flawless device make for an amazing experience of having email and messaging available anytime, anywhere. What's not to love about this?
    06-03-08 10:19 AM
    Rock solid service and coverage from Verizon and a practically flawless device make for an amazing experience of having email and messaging available anytime, anywhere. What's not to love about this?
    The world has moved very, very far along since there was a device that did good email. In fact, the first Blackberry did a very good job of this. Since then, phones have become a major tool (e.g. mapping, music and video player, expense tracker, document viewer) and potential laptop alternative when mobile for many tasks. The 8830 from Verizon is at least equipped with sufficient RAM. Until OS 4.5 comes along, it's still somewhat crippled but at least a step in the right direciton.
    06-04-08 11:14 PM
    No exaggeration, I could not love a human baby as much as I love this phone.
    06-04-08 11:25 PM
    F'n love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 11:29 PM
142 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD