08-10-08 06:51 PM
142 12345 ...
tools
    just got mine yesterday haven't even tapped into it like I want yet. But I'm diggin it.
    05-12-08 01:11 PM
    Missing my stereo speakers the 8830 had on it.
    05-12-08 06:18 PM
    I'm digging it over the Pearl for sure. The screen alone totally won me over, and it fits well in my hand. But I may have to cut my thumb nails down to use the keys until I get used to it....ahh what a girl does for her Berry (LOL)
    05-12-08 06:36 PM
    Mine arrived around noon today. Love the screen. OS seems a lot faster and less buggy than my Pearl. My biggest problem is adjusting to typing on it. I keep hitting the wrong keys, didn't realize how much I relied on SureType!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 04:19 PM
    After 3 days I'm loving the phone. E-mail from g-mail is on the phone before it hits my desktop. I missed the qwerty keyboard from my Treo and am happy to have that back. Pictures are great quality for a camera phone. Now I'm just looking for some programs to add.
    05-14-08 05:38 PM
    Did anyone get a flyer in the mail for the curve? I remember when the Pearl came out I got one in the mail offering the Pearl for $99.

I don't know what to think about paying $400 to upgrade to a curve
    05-14-08 07:00 PM
    Full sized keyboard. Google apps. Facebook app. JiveTalk. Email!!

Cons: I had the iphone for a month or so when it was released and I hate to admit it, browsing is the best on the iPOS. I couldn't stand the virtual keyboard either.

My friend and I upgraded our phones on the same day. She got the pearl and I got the curve. Yesterday we both said we sounded muffled to each other. Not using headsets either. So call quality, at least for me, is an issue now. Maybe it was that one connection, dunno.
    05-16-08 10:32 AM
    anyone go from the 8830 to the 8330 (sprint)? i have both and i am having a hard time sending one or the other back.
    i mainly use it for business purposes, emails, research...yayaya...etc...etc...etc. don't have much use for the im, facebook stuff (as of yet). is the 8330 faster than the 8830 in some way? what should i look for if i decide to keep the 8330? i thought i did good reading up on the curve...but maybe i missed something. i do like the fact that there is a noticable weight difference!

help please....
    Last edited by krackberrymyster; 05-16-08 at 10:48 AM.
    05-16-08 10:39 AM
    I absolutely love my curve. the only dislike i have is memory, but its a easy fix if you take the time
    05-16-08 10:42 AM
    Feels more solid than the Pearl.
    05-16-08 10:59 AM
    Had mine for several months now I couldn't live without it! My first BB device ever and I don't think i'll ever switch just upgrage everytime a better BB comes out! LOVE the Facebook app! AIM could be wayyyy better, YIM and BBM are great though.
    05-16-08 11:10 AM
    I do have a question, i used to have the hardest time putting the memory card in my 8830 as well as the curve. how do you guys do it with out taking the metal thing off?
    Are you physically taking the metal bracket off? If so, thats not the best way to go about it. It slides down, and then flips up. When its flipped up, load the memory card in the metal bracket with the pins down. Then just flip the bracket back down and slide back up.
    05-16-08 01:15 PM
    I'm in love with an inanimate object!

Newbie to BBs but did my homework. It's exactly what I hoped for and more.

This is the first time I've had a phone tha keeps me in line and can also entertains me when I'm in a waiting room, and does it flawlessly. I received mine Monday evening and I'm still discovering new things every day.
    05-16-08 03:21 PM
    I am worried that the keys are too small compared to the pearls.

Is everybody making a good transaction to the curve?

05-16-08 03:34 PM
    I am worried that the keys are too small compared to the pearls.
    I actually really like the keys on the curve. They're spaced far enough apart that I can type fairly quickly on it. The 8830 seems too crammed together to me and I'm not a fan of suretype so the curve is great for me.
    05-16-08 06:55 PM
    This phone is perfect in every way.
    05-16-08 08:27 PM
    I just got mine this morning and I love it. I upgraded from the pearl which I got when it first came out and I only ended up paying $269 for the curve out the door. I don't know how that came about and neither did the sales guy but I did not argue. HA HA.
    05-17-08 02:27 PM
    Could not ask for anything better!! I love it!!
    05-17-08 02:31 PM
    No complaints- just needs more internal memory.

05-17-08 02:39 PM
    No complaints- just needs more internal memory.

So true!! I cant stand when my call history and text disappear!!
    05-17-08 02:46 PM
    from a pearl to a curve:

bigger screen better keypad.. pretty much it
    05-17-08 03:08 PM
    So true!! I cant stand when my call history and text disappear!!
    I'm just curious, when call history & text disappear, do they come back or are just gone?
    05-17-08 03:14 PM
    Its been almost week and Im still doing run bys at the local Sprint stores(haters). I love this phone and I know I really havent cracked it open.
    05-17-08 03:29 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but this is the Verizon forum. That to me means that this thread should be about the CDMA Curve (8330). So all the non-cdma Curve people posting about internal memory wants or needs don't really apply here in the terms of comparing apples to apples, because the 8330 has 96MB vs the 8300/8310/8320 having only 64MB like all other BBs on the market at the moment.
    05-17-08 04:38 PM
    I just got my Curve last night. I traded up from a pearl. I love the bigger screen and the full keyboard. The keyboard takes a little getting used to from the suretype, but I really like it better. The phone feels very solid.

Since I have had it only since last night, the only thing I have noticed is that Youtube videos won't go full screen.

Everything else has been great! Except I had to pay full price - $419.00.
    05-17-08 04:42 PM
142 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD