04-06-09 10:16 PM
44 12
tools
    i just got my storm two weeks ago..first blackberry ever for me..pretty good so far..except the texting part..that auto correct thing is getting on my nerves..i went from the enV to the voyager to the dare and now to the storm..i'll get use to this phone eventually, just like the others..can't wait for the OS update
    03-25-09 06:37 AM
    My Storm is FINE....

Fudged up

Insecure

Neurotic

Emotional
    03-25-09 03:23 PM
    Stay on crackberry long enough and you will put enough work into the Storm to make it into the phone you were asking for!
    03-25-09 05:51 PM
    My Storm is FINE....

Fudged up

Insecure

Neurotic

Emotional
    My CURVE is

Cool

Unbeatable

Reliable

Versatile

Excellent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 06:29 PM
    Well my Storm can beat up your Curve, neener neener neener...

I dont have problems with my storm, and havent since the day I took it out of the box. Of course, I think I owned it for a total of 30 minutes before I had another OS on it
    03-25-09 07:44 PM
    My wife and I both got Storms on Sunday evening. No problems with them so far (unless my big fat fingers count as a problem). Then again, I haven't really pushed it to its limits yet.
    03-25-09 08:51 PM
    Wow, im glad I found this site. I will be buying my first blackberry sometime this month. I thought I was buying the storm until reading your post today and speaking to a Verizon store manager who was trying to talk me out of buying the Storm. So now im at square one. What do you guys think? I hear the Curve is great. Any reviews on the new Niagara coming in May?
    Last edited by rock4456; 04-03-09 at 12:50 PM.
    04-03-09 12:36 PM
    Um I like my Storm....
    Mp3 player; VzNav; nice resolution........
    When I loaded Par 72 Golf Lite.....
    Man wow!!!!
    This phone just got a lot of bad press is all.
    Also a lot of people who probably got
    this phone might not be tech saavy; and may not
    have the patience to learn.

Oh and not to mention texting; I fly on this thing
    04-03-09 12:58 PM
    I like mine. i have had it since January.
    04-03-09 01:25 PM
    Progressively better and better. I'm running .113 right now but it does everything I want it to do and more. streaming radio, videos, stores music, push email, great camera (better than my actual camera, that said im due for a new one.. im just lazy.. so that wont be the case for long), great screen. im used to the keyboard now, but i will say you'll likely hate it for the first week or two.

This was my first blackberry as well as smartphone though, so if you're coming from a previous one, your experience might be different. mine is also for personal use, so i don't get more than 30-40 emails/day.

I like the niagara alot, but having had a touch screen for the last 4.5 months, I don't think I want to go back.
    04-03-09 03:34 PM
    i just got the storm last week and its ok...it does lagg and have some probs...batt pulls r getting old so i downloaded softreset and quickpull to reset for me but other then that im waiting for the official release of .113 to come out n hope that will help...the storm is just out before its finished..still a work in progress. but go for it..im excited to hear about the 99xx coming out q3 this yr..hope it is for vzw b/c i'll def have to check it out and if storm isn't better by then up/g!
    04-04-09 12:36 AM
    I hear the grammar and spelling police coming. Twins I am surprised you let this one go.
    lol. Form and Strom? Sounds like noodles lol
    04-05-09 08:33 AM
    Progressively better and better. I'm running .113 right now but it does everything I want it to do and more. streaming radio, videos, stores music, push email, great camera (better than my actual camera, that said im due for a new one.. im just lazy.. so that wont be the case for long), great screen. im used to the keyboard now, but i will say you'll likely hate it for the first week or two.

This was my first blackberry as well as smartphone though, so if you're coming from a previous one, your experience might be different. mine is also for personal use, so i don't get more than 30-40 emails/day.

I like the niagara alot, but having had a touch screen for the last 4.5 months, I don't think I want to go back.
    I agree wit you. Work a little extra overtime and you can own the Niagara and the Storm. Thats what I plan to do. And switch them at will. Best of both worlds

PS. Bold and any other BlackBerry is not in the picture if it isnt with Verizon. There networks the best and I have gotton nothing but wonderful expierence with them. I have the Curve 8900 with a T Mobile Flex Pay plan. Just wanted it to have the 8900 working and see what it was like. Now ill drop that plan since its just wasted money lol. See how BlackBerrys are addicting? haha
    04-05-09 08:36 AM
    I like what the above poster said about owning the storm and niagara that's some major BB lovin and a great idea.

I like the storm. Honestly though if I didn't have to be with Verizon I would have another phone instead with another carrier. I got the storm because it was the only smartphone without horrible windows mobile that I somewhat liked for Verizon that was out at the time but I am enjoying it for the situation I am in. It's a great phone but there are some phones out there that can do what I want better and with more ease of use but two fold for the other phones as well with some things, it all depends on the persons needs. The only thing that gets me a bit nervous is that my data drops sometimes out of the blue and doesn't come back until i take the battery out. i don't know if it's the beta software 113 or Verizon.
    Last edited by PamelaBB; 04-06-09 at 05:48 AM.
    04-06-09 05:39 AM
    The only thing that gets me a bit nervous is that my data drops sometimes out of the blue and doesn't come back until i take the battery out. i don't know if it's the beta software 113 or Verizon.
    That is a reported problem with Storm, regardless of the OS. The radio suddenly stops working until you reboot.

04-06-09 10:20 AM
    I am new to the BB world too. But once I updated my os the phone really works great. It just took me a long time to figure out everything it does. Just keep searching here for your answers, the people here are great and fast with answers.
    04-06-09 10:40 AM
    I love my Storm..

I am also probably one of the few that will say.. If not for all the quirks when I first got it..

I never would have found Crackberry

But that being said, I now know this phone inside out, I have never owned a device that I know so much about, and as far as typing...once i cut the keyboard in half......I find it the best I have ever had

In my humble opinion
    04-06-09 10:53 AM
    Lmao at that one.
    That is Freakin HILARIOUS!!! i saw the post and went back to look for the f word bc i didn't remember it being littered with bad language. bad spelling, yes.
    thanks for the laugh!
    04-06-09 04:30 PM
    That is a reported problem with Storm, regardless of the OS. The radio suddenly stops working until you reboot.

wow, that's a pretty big issue for a bb user. i'm surprised they haven't released a fix for it for so many months.
    04-06-09 10:16 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD