I'm expecting my replacement Tour to be delivered tomorrow. The rep in the store said that I should be received a NEW one, not a refurb. I've read in the forums that shipped replacement phones don't come in the same kind of box that new phones come in at the store. So, how will I know if my replacement is NEW or REFURB?

Thanks for your help!
    12-28-09 05:00 PM
    It will say Certified Like New on the box... And more than likely it won't come with anything besides just the phone...
    12-28-09 05:15 PM
    If it comes with a back and battery, it's new. If it doesn't, it's a FRU replacement.

**Note** Just to prevent confusion: FRU stands for Field Replacement Unit. CLNR stands for Certified Like New Replacement. In VZW's system these two terms are interchangeable.
    Last edited by Doc_Havoc; 12-28-09 at 05:19 PM.
    12-28-09 05:17 PM
    Easy enough. Thank you!
    12-28-09 05:18 PM
    OK. So I just got my replacement phone. The box doesn't say Certified Like New. The phone has a battery cover and SIM card, but no battery. The brochure inside the box says Certified Like New. All of the clear plastic film that comes on a new phone is on this phone.

So did I get a new one or a refurb? I think it's new, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
    12-29-09 04:07 PM
    I'm in same exact boat you are. Word for word exactly what I got delivered today.
    12-29-09 04:24 PM
    I inspected the phone I got in the mail and the only wear and tear it has on it is where the two charging parts on the back are a little scratched up. Other than than it looks and feels like a brand "new" phone.
    12-29-09 04:28 PM
    OK. So I just got my replacement phone. The box doesn't say Certified Like New. The phone has a battery cover and SIM card, but no battery. The brochure inside the box says Certified Like New. All of the clear plastic film that comes on a new phone is on this phone.

So did I get a new one or a refurb? I think it's new, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
    Certified like new is a refurbished unit. I have one myself and it is just fine. In the future, if you are outside your 30 day WFG period, you will get a certified like new replacement.

If a store makes an exception to give you a new one, then they would most likely do it right inthe store, unless they are out of stock.
    12-29-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD