does vzw work in subways up there? tia
    05-02-08 08:38 AM
    Nothing works in the subways but Verizon service is great in the city and in Paramus NJ.
    05-02-08 08:45 AM
    I have had no problem in the NYC area and jersey

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 07:24 PM
    Also no problem in NY/NJ. Plus tons of ppl up here have Verizon cause it is so awesome so that means free in network calling and texting. Anyone know of any girls up here with Verizon, I refuse to date anyone who doesn't have it, you know how girls can yack your ear up and run that bill up, haha. Yeah nothing works in the subways, good thing though cause I really can't take the inconsequential phone calls that people seem to make every hour of the day now.
    05-02-08 07:40 PM
    It works too good. On my daily NJ Transit train ride from northern NJ into Hoboken, these folks yapping on their phones the majority of the ride is irritating. They can go for 30+ mins without actually saying something. We need more tunnels!

On the NY subways, there's no real service though often at subway stops I get Blackberry messages if there's any incoming. Not always, but a good number of stops, at least when I take it, have enough signal to get through.
    05-02-08 08:54 PM
    You can actually get reception at Chambers street stop now on the 2,3 line.
    05-02-08 09:16 PM
    Yeah I noticed that you can get messages, maybe just not a consistent enough connection to have calls. Haha geek thats hilarious, they are just like yeah yeah ok ok, so whats up every minute and a half. These are the people that I would love to get away from, but they are EVERYWHERE. My 450 minutes should be plenty if not for the incessant pointless phone calls I get all day long, this is why I have to monitor my usage and wait till 9 if it is after 8 to make non emergency phone calls.
    05-02-08 09:25 PM