Hey, we have all been through the whole 3G ad's and fights with AT&T/Verizon and stuff I just wanted to ask how peoples 3G speeds on Verizon have been lately? I know the Droid and more smart phones will be taking up bandwidth on Verizon's EVDO network so I just want to hear from you guys how its been slower, faster, maybe the same?

Thanks.
    05-05-10 09:04 PM
    Compared to ..... what ???
    05-05-10 09:24 PM
    how it has been for you before I mean like have you seen a increase in speed, pages loading up quicker maybe slower maybe the same?
    05-05-10 09:28 PM
    I haven't noticed anything with my Tour but it seems like getting data to transfer with a Blackberry is slower probably because it goes through RIMs servers.
    05-05-10 09:51 PM
    Haven't noticed much of a difference. Tho to be fair it's difficult to compare 3G speeds on a smartphone, especially a blackberry whose data goes through the RIM pipe as well. Much better to see on a data card or computer connection. I just got a mobile hotspot device. It works well, getting d/l speeds averaged to around 1 Mbps, tho I've gotten about 2.5 Mbps on one test. Upload averages around 300 Kbps. But I just got the device so I cannot say if it's gotten faster or slower 'recently'.

However the connection is stable and reliable and convenient seeing as I get a "DSL" connection pretty much everywhere I go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 11:18 PM
    personally, my data speed is suffering horribly. Im in NYC and to load the facebook mobile page sometimes can take up to 2 full minutes .. which is ridiculous to be honest.
    05-06-10 01:07 AM
    Compared to ..... what ???
    Compared to the craptastic data speeds of AT&T, which the OP is on. He just wants proof that his network sucks, basically.
    05-06-10 03:49 AM
    Just did a speed test on my phone and I had 1028 kbps download and 472 kbps upload and that was with 2 bars.
    05-06-10 03:53 AM
    In the year I've had BlackBerry no change maybe faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 06:46 AM
    yea, as ericsmcdonald said, its hard to compare a BB cause of the security pipeline on RIMs side before it comes back to us. Me personally, I'm not satisfied with the browser speed at all. But that's just comparing it to the competition.

But my reasons for having a blackberry are not for a superior browser and more push e-mail technology so I eat up the deficiancy for that benefit. If I wanted a superior browser, I'd get a droid or an iphone
    05-06-10 10:27 AM
    My data speed has dropped significantly over the last few months (in the DC area). It takes much longer to load sites, especially ESPN, facebook, etc. than it used to, and a I'd say about 25 percent of the time I have to refresh the page bc the connection stalls. Not sure what's going on but I'm not happy at all with my VZW service at the moment. It's to the point where I'm even thinking of switching to AT&T. A few others at work have AT&T BB's, and they aren't having this issue in the city.
    05-10-10 01:28 PM
    That has been my exact experience!! Its like my data line is "Clogged" or something!
    05-10-10 06:08 PM
    That has been my exact experience!! Its like my data line is "Clogged" or something!
    I like the way you said that! I also have been experiencing this!! It's really frustrating and I've never been so fed up with Verizon as I am now.
    05-10-10 08:05 PM
    I like the way you said that! I also have been experiencing this!! It's really frustrating and I've never been so fed up with Verizon as I am now.
    Agreed. Up until a few months ago I never had any problems with VZW. This issue with the data though is making me rethink things. The voice service is great, but its not enough to make up for the awful data service that I've been experience lately.
    05-10-10 10:22 PM
    Agreed. Up until a few months ago I never had any problems with VZW. This issue with the data though is making me rethink things. The voice service is great, but its not enough to make up for the awful data service that I've been experience lately.
    Must be location dependent. I've noticed no degredation in CT or NY.
    05-11-10 08:17 AM
    Find the details on this project here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/dat...slugish-453883

please contribute to that thread so they will at least know its not just me

BTW due to the sluggish data, my wife is pushing me to jump ship to ATT .. understanding there are occasional dropped calls, the un-clogged data would make our data premium worth it.

I am also in NY, i experience the exact same problem in NYC, Bronx, Westchester
    05-11-10 12:24 PM
    I totally agree. Speed has suffered over the last year. Probably with everyone getting smartphones these days.

I used to get up to 1.2 - 1.4 mbps tethering my BB. Now I get somewhere in the 350K range for DL.
    05-13-10 09:46 AM
    No change in my part of the world. I usually get over 2MB down on my Incredible and Mifi.
    05-14-10 12:24 AM
    Ive noticed no changes in the data speeds at all, seems as if all is normal!

BKVic
    05-20-10 04:18 PM
    For me, it's been slower than a PINTO in the FAST lane!!!
    05-20-10 04:46 PM
    For me, it's been slower than a PINTO in the FAST lane!!!
    Lol ... I've noticed the same lately on my Blackberry.

Data on my Pre has not suffered, however.
    05-22-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD