I have had a BB for about 3 months and have been pleased. I recently tried to download the software update from Verizon and it is only in windows format. I use a MacBook and want to sync with this computer because it holds all of my contacts, calendar, etc. for both my BB and my wife's iPhone. Can I get the software upgrade without using a windows computer. I am running leopard (machine is 1 year old) and using PocketMac.

Thanks,
    11-04-08 01:34 PM
    You can download the mac version of verizon's new os release from another carrier, it just has to be the same version as to not void your warranty.
    11-04-08 01:50 PM
    I don't understand why that would void the warranty. I am not trying to steal, only trying to download software. Are you saying that Verizon or RIM would void my warranty? Thanks for your help and responding so quickly to the first message.
    11-04-08 02:17 PM
    You can't update the OS on a BB with a Mac, PC only.
    11-04-08 02:19 PM
    With a pc and then sync back to the Mac will I lose anything?
    11-04-08 02:26 PM
    With a pc and then sync back to the Mac will I lose anything?
    No, you will not loose anything. When the update precess starts it creates a back up and restores it after the update.
    11-04-08 02:28 PM
    No you won't lose anything.

If you update your berry to an OS not offered by the carrier, it will void your warranty, that's why I said make sure it's the one offered by VZW.
    11-04-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD