01-18-10 12:29 PM
128 ... 23456
tools
    Correct. Verizon Wireless is not a publicly traded company. They are owned by two publicly traded companies. There is a difference.
    IZZY is right and wrong....VZW is owned wholly by both VZ Comms AND Vodafone...both publicly traded......

http://freepress.net/files/vzw_appeal_700_petition.pdf
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 09:19 PM
    This is the reason VZW will not lower the price. You cannot keep your business if you are spending more than you are taking in. The thought that this might come true and has been predicted for years.

Source: Phone Scoop.

Deutsche Telekom Considering Sprint Nextel Bid
    Today, 11:00 AM by Eric M. Zeman

According to sources cited by the UK Telegraph, Deutsche Telekom -- parent to T-Mobile USA -- is seriously considering a bid for Sprint Nextel. The company has been examining the idea for a year, but the Telegraph's sources say that Deutsche Telekom has been making serious preparations to place a bid for about three months now. Sprint is valued at about $10.6 billion, and Deutsche Telekom would need to raise capital to make the purchase. If the purchase goes through, the Telegraph's sources indicate that Deutsche Telekom would likely merge Sprint Nextel with T-Mobile USA. Deutsche Telekom has been looking for ways to improve the financial performance of T-Mobile USA, and recently merged its UK and French operations. A combined T-Mobile USA / Sprint Nextel entity would come close to equaling AT&T's 78.2 million customers. Sources did not say how the technology differences between T-Mobile USA (GSM, LTE) and Sprint Nextel (CDMA, WiMAX) would be resolved. All the companies involved declined to comment for the Telegraph story.
    09-13-09 06:35 PM
    Wholly monkeys!!!! LOL
    I remember DT was my first cell ever; my exhusband had us on that carrier. I also remember thinking how cool it was when Tmobile was here; all the logoing is the same between the two.
    Anyway... That's a nice development in the pot there lastraid.

09-13-09 07:24 PM
    Btw lived in germany for 3yrs.. Sorry

09-13-09 07:24 PM
    verizon doesn't have to respond. once sprint gets cell towers coming out the wazoo across the country, they might consider responding. the deal doesn't do anything if you cant get service anywhere.
    09-13-09 07:27 PM
    This is the reason VZW will not lower the price. You cannot keep your business if you are spending more than you are taking in. The thought that this might come true and has been predicted for years.

Source: Phone Scoop.

Deutsche Telekom Considering Sprint Nextel Bid
    Today, 11:00 AM by Eric M. Zeman

According to sources cited by the UK Telegraph, Deutsche Telekom -- parent to T-Mobile USA -- is seriously considering a bid for Sprint Nextel. The company has been examining the idea for a year, but the Telegraph's sources say that Deutsche Telekom has been making serious preparations to place a bid for about three months now. Sprint is valued at about $10.6 billion, and Deutsche Telekom would need to raise capital to make the purchase. If the purchase goes through, the Telegraph's sources indicate that Deutsche Telekom would likely merge Sprint Nextel with T-Mobile USA. Deutsche Telekom has been looking for ways to improve the financial performance of T-Mobile USA, and recently merged its UK and French operations. A combined T-Mobile USA / Sprint Nextel entity would come close to equaling AT&T's 78.2 million customers. Sources did not say how the technology differences between T-Mobile USA (GSM, LTE) and Sprint Nextel (CDMA, WiMAX) would be resolved. All the companies involved declined to comment for the Telegraph story.
    Wow...

We'd have three huge cell companies in this country.

They'll call it Tint.
    09-13-09 09:09 PM
    Take a **** in one hand and make a wish in the other and see what comes
    true first. VZW won't don anything dramatic unless AT&T does....
    Maybe it has already been said; if so pardon me
    09-13-09 10:55 PM
    Wow...

We'd have three huge cell companies in this country.

They'll call it Tint.
    Not only that, but AT&T could fall to number three.

I seriously doubt it would happen, though. T-Mobile can't even afford to bring their own network up to snuff. Can you imagine them trying to not only pool the funds needed for this, but also do network conversions AND maintain customers when they raise the rates to match theirs?

A more likely scenario plays out like this...

VZComm buys out the Voda shares & takes VZW completely in-house, as has been rumored over the past year. Voda then buys Sprint. Then one or the other buys up USCell.

Two American cell carriers & two foreign-owned carriers.

09-14-09 12:37 AM
    Then we could advertise "Buy American!"
    09-14-09 02:28 AM
    Then we could advertise "Buy American!"
    If we still have an America to buy from.

09-14-09 02:44 AM
    I'm outa here, I already spent to much energy on this , not benefiting anybody.
    since your big on spell check..thats TOO much energy
    09-14-09 10:19 AM
    Now I know who killed Quisp, Quake & King Vitaman.

Quick - someone get Cap'n Crunch into the Witness Protection Program!

09-14-09 10:25 AM
    MAN! Check your self, if you can't see the proof through the pudding your Dum and Blind!
    pot, meet kettle.
    09-14-09 12:25 PM
    Yo Eve you hit the nail on the head.
    09-14-09 01:06 PM
    Nails & heads & kettles, oh my!

With all this backlash, have we run another person off with rudeness & intolerance?
    09-14-09 04:10 PM
    The question is whether Verizon will respond with some sort of savings. Sprint has been catching up for a while now and I wouldn't underestimate them.

Unlikely. This isn't a new ploy designed to undercut the competition, this is being done out of necessity because the company has a small customer base to begin with (and is losing customers).

How much weight does "And you can call anybody else who has Sprint as a carrier for free!" hold when no one you know is on Sprint???

In other words, Sprint has shrunk so much that their equivalent of 'In Calling' doesn't sway anyone anymore because the've lost so many people. As a last ditch effort, they are instead trying to neuter the corresponding 'In Calling' perks of AT&T, VZW and T-Mobile by coming up with a plan that removes the reason to switch from Sprint, while hopefully attracting new customers in the process.

Verizon has a huge customer base. Their 'In Calling' benefit is substantial, prevents customers from leaving, attracts new customers, and all in all gives them an edge over the other carriers. Why on Odin's green earth would VZW want to neuter themselves by coming out with a comparable plan that eliminates that edge? It would be a step in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by mikestorm; 09-14-09 at 06:02 PM.
    09-14-09 05:59 PM
    [QUOTE=TwinsX2Dad;3584452]Now I know who killed Quisp, Quake & King Vitaman.

Quick - someone get Cap'n Crunch into the Witness Protection Program!

Hey Twins Quisp has come out of the witness protection program. I saw it at Fresh Market on Sunday!!!!

09-14-09 07:25 PM
    Hey Twins Quisp has come out of the witness protection program. I saw it at Fresh Market on Sunday!!!!
    Egads! Maybe I'll have to look harder!

And maybe the customers at Whole Foods & AJ's won't see me with the sugar cereal.

Hey gang - VZW may have over 90 million lines by the end of the year - that is more than Sprint & T-Mobile combined.

I don't think Sprint will be catching up anytime soon.

09-14-09 08:22 PM
    Let's see here - people like you think you can buy Camel stock or Buick stock, instead of RJR or GM.

You're one of those here not proving amything except how little you actually know.

Buick stock, hilarious! If VZW and Sprint performed equally, I would expect VZ stock to perform worse since they have something like 10% YoY access line losses on the wireline side.

And before someone posts it -- no, Sprint does not have a similar traditional switched access telecom business, they do some wholesale, long distance and internet backhaul. The consumer wireline business was spun off and became Embarq.
    09-15-09 09:00 AM
    A failing company often offers fire-sale rates in an attempt to stay afloat. I see many $99 Unlimited Everything customers dowmgrading, which may be one of the final nails in the Sprint coffin.

CNet agrees.

The clock is winding down on Sprint. It is only a matter of time before Sprint customers will be getting their service from someone else.

Lol is all i can say.
    09-27-09 02:21 PM
    Well....I guess it isnt that old of a thread.
    09-27-09 02:42 PM
    Ancient in forum time.
    09-27-09 03:41 PM
    Not only that, but AT&T could fall to number three.

I seriously doubt it would happen, though. T-Mobile can't even afford to bring their own network up to snuff. Can you imagine them trying to not only pool the funds needed for this, but also do network conversions AND maintain customers when they raise the rates to match theirs?

A more likely scenario plays out like this...

VZComm buys out the Voda shares & takes VZW completely in-house, as has been rumored over the past year. Voda then buys Sprint. Then one or the other buys up USCell.

Two American cell carriers & two foreign-owned carriers.

Thats scary but I remember back in the day we only had two telephone companies. It wasn't quite soooooooo bad. I don't think they would really let that happen. Nooooooooooooooooo
    09-27-09 05:58 PM
    since your big on spell check..thats TOO much energy
    I was wondering when you would crawl outa your hole.
    What up bud?
    Changed your avatar got a new lease on life huh........
    09-27-09 06:01 PM
    pot, meet kettle.

Originally Posted by IZZY Dead
    MAN! Check your self, if you can't see the proof through the pudding your Dum and Blind!

That was sooooo blantantly wow!!!!!!!
    No comment; but some serious spelling issues.
    I thinks someone needs to lay off peace pipe
    09-27-09 06:09 PM
128 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD