01-18-10 12:29 PM
128 123 ...
tools
    Is Verizon going to respond to Sprint's new deal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 01:39 AM
    Doubt it. Verizon's customer base is massive, and the cost of their rate plans are so to better VZW's service. While that plan may seem attractive, keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
    09-11-09 01:44 AM
    Yeah I don't think vzw will release anything to rebut that deal.
    Vzw is #1 carrier so you get no perks but the best national reception.
    Sprint is #3 so they have to entice more people to come over.

And as far as you get what you pay for. I pay for #3 service and get #1 reception so its a win win for me. Lol

09-11-09 02:20 AM
    A failing company often offers fire-sale rates in an attempt to stay afloat. I see many $99 Unlimited Everything customers dowmgrading, which may be one of the final nails in the Sprint coffin.

CNet agrees.

Sprint offers unlimited calling to any cell phone | Signal Strength - CNET News

The clock is winding down on Sprint. It is only a matter of time before Sprint customers will be getting their service from someone else.

09-11-09 02:23 AM
    Ohh twins here you go, lol

Your so anti sprint, did they steal an unborn child of yours or something, lol/jk

You just fight for vzw like its your own family buisness, lol

09-11-09 02:34 AM
    I love VZW, all I got to say is when I signed up for VZW services the deposit was $150 comparred to AT&T's deposit of $750, Sprint wanted $250, and T-Mobile will not allow me on their service.

VZW plans are expensive but its so worth the money. VZW Tech Support and Customer Service reps are very nice to me and quite professional about their duties, not to mention I have never waited longer then 5 minutes to speak with them.

Yet again I love VZW, you pay for what you get!

Thnx, Tripster

09-11-09 03:01 AM
    Maybe we can get Sprint a bailout..................................<g>
    09-11-09 03:16 AM
    A failing company often offers fire-sale rates in an attempt to stay afloat. I see many $99 Unlimited Everything customers dowmgrading, which may be one of the final nails in the Sprint coffin.

CNet agrees.

Sprint offers unlimited calling to any cell phone | Signal Strength - CNET News

The clock is winding down on Sprint. It is only a matter of time before Sprint customers will be getting their service from someone else.

I think you should check the stock ticker before you go speculating about something you don't know about. And learn how to spell check!
    09-11-09 03:37 AM
    I think you should check the stock ticker before you go speculating about something you don't know about. And learn how to spell check!
    Why be so rude? Next time try to be considerate about your finds and what not, no need to bash/flame someone about spelling one or two words wrong.

Thnx, Tripster

09-11-09 03:46 AM
    I just don't see any reply for this too-good-to-be-true dealfrom Sprint. Although as a former Alltel customer, I didn't see the My Circle/Friend and Fam thing coming either. But VZW Fam, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. BTW, there's no way I would switch the Sprint/Nextel. Too many horror stories on sky high monthly bills and disgusting service.
    09-11-09 04:02 AM
    Why be so rude? Next time try to be considerate about your finds and what not, no need to bash/flame someone about spelling one or two words wrong.

Thnx, •Tripster•

No! maybe, you should check the ticker and as you will see Sprint and VZW are both unchanged as of the closing bell yesterday. Plus he was the one who was bashing by speculating untrue facts.
    Last edited by IZZY Dead; 09-11-09 at 05:23 AM.
    09-11-09 05:20 AM
    Verizon Wireless is not a publicly traded company. Shows how much you know about stock.

You do get perks with Verizon Wireless. It's called friends & family.
    09-11-09 05:28 AM
    No! maybe, you should check the ticker and as you will see Sprint and VZW are both unchanged as of the closing bell yesterday. Plus he was the one who was bashing by speculating untrue facts.
    Maybe just stay in the sprint forums...
    09-11-09 07:44 AM
    Verizon Wireless is not a publicly traded company. Shows how much you know about stock.

YEP! and that perk is saving me 50 bucks a month!
    & i get to keep my good service...well its good everywhere except my bedroom and i can live with that!
    09-11-09 08:15 AM

Um, VZW is part of Verizon Communications...

Verizon Communications Inc.
    (Public, NYSE:VZ)
    09-11-09 08:19 AM
    Um, VZW is part of Verizon Communications...

Verizon Communications Inc.
    (Public, NYSE:VZ)
    LOL No its not they have seperate CEO's...
    09-11-09 08:22 AM
    Cellco Partnership, doing business as Verizon Wireless, is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone. Verizon owns 55% and Vodafone owns 45%. No real point to this post other than to offer some clarification. Thanks and have a great day over here in VZ land.
    09-11-09 08:31 AM
    Seriously, a parent company can have a CEO, in addition to CEOs of any business units or subsidiaries which operate under them. Do yourself a favor and check out an annual report.

They have two reportable segments, Domestic Wireless and Wireline

Domestic Wireless segment provides wireless voice and data services, other value-added services and equipment sales across the United States. This segment primarily represents the operations of our joint venture with Vodafone, operating as Verizon Wireless. We own a 55% interest in the joint venture and Vodafone owns the remaining 45%

Wireline segment consists of the operations of Verizon Telecom, which provides communication services, including voice, broadband video and data, network access, long distance, and other services to residential and small business customers and carriers, and Verizon Business, which provides voice, data and Internet communications services as well as next-generation IP network services to medium and large business customers, multi-national corporations, and state and federal government customers globally.
    Last edited by hurl03; 09-11-09 at 09:19 AM.
    09-11-09 09:17 AM
    LOL I know that I was waiting for your rebuttals(is it 2 t's?)
    09-11-09 09:23 AM
    I would be careful not to irk someone who can post VERY long responses to things like this... Just a warning. I will let you go from there; but I warned.
    09-11-09 09:24 AM
    No need to respond to such desperate antics. Sprint has been bleeding customers for years.

Besides superior CS and reception. It just sounds cooler. "Yes I have Verizon and shaken not stirred please". [diabolical villain laugh]
    09-11-09 10:22 AM
    I just looked at it. Sprint is down 47% over the past year. Vz is down 10% and the s&p is down 15%.

09-11-09 11:19 AM
    i dont think there is 1 post on the carrier forums that dosent result in a flame war, lol
    09-11-09 11:42 AM
    Wow! Unchanged for a whole day. What a trend. Since May Verizon Communications is up about 1% and Sprint is down about 29%. Who is the one who needs to check then stock ticker?
    09-11-09 12:04 PM
    i dont think there is 1 post on the carrier forums that dosent result in a flame war, lol
    Yeah, I've noticed that... As far as I'm concerned, they can enjoy their carrier, we can enjoy ours, and we can all live happily under the umbrella of Crackberry. Not every carrier has to be equal...just competitive. That's the beauty of the free-market system.

On this day especially, let me send a message of peace to our CrackBerry bretheren on other carriers. You have a plan that works for you, I have one that works for me. No need to bash each other's company as if we personally own it. Do we have a vested interest as customers? Yes. But really...no need for the bashing.

...a request that may very well get me bashed.

Anyway...peace, love, and BlackBerry.
    09-11-09 12:16 PM
128 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD