I am making the switch to an iphone, and I was wondering how much it would cost if I got an additional line and simply wanted to just use my blackberry for BBM (no texting, no calls, no internet...just BBM). Does anyone know what this will run me?

Thanks!
    02-04-11 03:09 PM
    Good luck getting a no voice data plan on a phone. BBM uses carrier data... take it from there my friend.
    02-04-11 03:22 PM
    ratsttam is right about this. Verizon will not give a data only plan. Besides, the smallest data plan is $15/month. Would you want to pay this just to use BBM?

You have to deside, BBM or iPhone.
    02-04-11 03:35 PM
    $25/month plus taxes if you have a family plan now. If you're only on a single line now then you'll need to upgrade to a family plan.

$10 for adding a line and $15 for the 150mb Blackberry Data plan. You won't get a data only plan for it.
    02-04-11 03:35 PM
    $25/month plus taxes if you have a family plan now. If you're only on a single line now then you'll need to upgrade to a family plan.

$10 for adding a line and $15 for the 150mb Blackberry Data plan. You won't get a data only plan for it.
    This COULD be the OP's solution, HOWEVER, rumor has Verizon is getting rid of the 15 dollar plan so you may have to eventually get the 30 unlimited plan, plus the 9.95 add line charge.
    02-04-11 03:43 PM
    Isn't there a way to get BBM outside of BB? I remember something about something about a fake PIN and you can BBM. I may be tripping though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 03:49 PM
    $25 a month seems a bit steep, but I'd highly consider shelling out $15/month for BBM. Its probably a big waste, but nothing compares to BBM and I have a lot of friends who use it. Only 50 cents a day :-)
    02-04-11 03:59 PM
    $15 data plan for smart phones ended the end of January. Back to the 29.99 or 44.99 and getting a data plan only is out of the question. Unless you might be grandfathered or belong to a corp.
    02-04-11 04:57 PM
    You can switch devices whenever you want.....

Simply activate your blackberry when you want to use BBM.....

I mean your not planning on carrying around the blackberry and the iphone all the time just to use BBM? (are you) It takes 5 minutes to switch the device on verizon's website....you don't even have to *228 anymore in my experience.

The iphone has wifi too, so you should have access to data that way and get to play with all the stuff on it and just do your voice, text, bbm with your blackberry.

I am thinking of getting a verizon blackberry just to do this....I have a couple of Storms with battery issues and I am thinking of getting a Curve....Anyone know of where to get good deals on Curve or Bold with no contract?
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 02-04-11 at 05:13 PM.
    02-04-11 05:07 PM
    The loyalty plan they had is gone and that would have given you shared minutes and unlimited data for $20.
    02-07-11 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD