06-25-09 04:43 PM
44 12
tools
    Thanks - can anyone offer any more info? About how much can I get by selling a gently used Storm on ebay/craigslist etc?
    06-24-09 01:36 PM
    You could check the CrackBerry Marketplace and see what others are asking. You might even try selling it here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    06-24-09 02:01 PM
    If you're not happy with the Storm write VZW Corporate a letter like I did. I received a phone call from an Executive within a week after mailing it. I went through 4 storms and ended up with a Curve. The Executive was very friendly and actually seemed concerned. HE offered to give me a phone of my choice at no cost but since I had already bought a Curve on CL, he told me he would note my account so when I wanted to upgrade I would get a "significant" discount. I'll probably use it when the Tour comes out.

The curve is a great BB and I am totally pleased with it. Before going to ATT make sure to check their service quality in your area. I wouldnt sacrifice coverage and service for the bling factor. The Iphone is a great device but the provider is lacking...to say the least.
    06-24-09 02:06 PM
    If you're not happy with the Storm write VZW Corporate a letter like I did. I received a phone call from an Executive within a week after mailing it. I went through 4 storms and ended up with a Curve. The Executive was very friendly and actually seemed concerned. HE offered to give me a phone of my choice at no cost but since I had already bought a Curve on CL, he told me he would note my account so when I wanted to upgrade I would get a "significant" discount. I'll probably use it when the Tour comes out.

The curve is a great BB and I am totally pleased with it. Before going to ATT make sure to check their service quality in your area. I wouldnt sacrifice coverage and service for the bling factor. The Iphone is a great device but the provider is lacking...to say the least.

THanks for your advice. The Storm is a troubling device, but I do not want a Curve. I just want an iPhone. I am done with Blackberrys.

Thanks for the tip on the coverage. I live in a major city so coverage is not an issue, except there is no coverage in the subways sadly... :-/
    06-24-09 02:09 PM
    THanks for your advice. The Storm is a troubling device, but I do not want a Curve. I just want an iPhone. I am done with Blackberrys.

Thanks for the tip on the coverage. I live in a major city so coverage is not an issue, except there is no coverage in the subways sadly... :-/
    Google "ATT Class Action Lawsuit" You'll notice that some major cities are suffering as well.
    06-24-09 02:18 PM
    I would stay, wait it out the iPhone will come to Verizon, AT&T is horrible, overall, no phone is worth the static and poor coverage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 02:28 PM
    I would stay, wait it out the iPhone will come to Verizon, AT&T is horrible, overall, no phone is worth the static and poor coverage

Thanks for the advice. There's no clear indication on when the iPhone will come to Verizon. It could be six months, a year, two years or more.

I have been having some crashing issues with the Storm lately, especially during calls, so I will have to weigh the Storm crashing during a call with ATT dropping a call. Personally in judging the lesser of two evils, I would prefer the latter.

Nobody I know with an iPhone has had trouble with ATT. In fact, many people expected to have trouble with ATT after switching from Verizon, but did not.
    06-24-09 02:31 PM
    I see these threads and can't help but shake my head.

Guy is unhappy with the Planet X Model Q.

While I can see offering ways to reduce or eliminate problems with that Model Q, the primary interest should be the person's needs. It should not be sales advice as if everyone works for Planet X.

I'd run from Storm, but honestly, if Storm was my first BlackBerry, I'd not look at another BlackBerry.

The OP's needs, whether he has addressed them or not yet, may be best served by LG or Moto or Samsung.

Curve may be a good device, but it sucks to those who want touchscreen. IPhone users often see the Curve as too limited or too sterile & serious. WinMo users find the Curve to be too basic & unable to deal with much of the online languages found on the Web or in email.

Some should offer full assistance, with the intent to solve the OP's issue, instead of being unpaid & unappreciated BlackBerry shills.

When you start your own business, see if you can get BlackBerry to shamelessly endorse you.

06-24-09 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the advice. There's no clear indication on when the iPhone will come to Verizon. It could be six months, a year, two years or more.

I have been having some crashing issues with the Storm lately, especially during calls, so I will have to weigh the Storm crashing during a call with ATT dropping a call. Personally in judging the lesser of two evils, I would prefer the latter.

Nobody I know with an iPhone has had trouble with ATT. In fact, many people expected to have trouble with ATT after switching from Verizon, but did not.
    once again, I really would not go to AT&T, they are just horrible overall

and you will not get that VIP status with them, why not just stay with Verizon and get a different phone

but if you must go to AT&T, I recommend getting a $20 prepaid phone and testing your signal strength and call quality, before switching
    06-24-09 02:41 PM
    Another important point for consideration is that under your family plan you're paying 10 bucks a month plus data (30-45 bucks) and any texting.

You're starting with AT&T possibly in the hole already even after reselling your Storm, so add to that the cost of the iphone, the activation fee to initiate new service, and the plan you'll be on for an alloted amount of minutes + data + texting, which is going to be considerably higher than your current monthly average.
    06-24-09 03:25 PM
    Another important point for consideration is that under your family plan you're paying 10 bucks a month plus data (30-45 bucks) and any texting.

You're starting with AT&T possibly in the hole already even after reselling your Storm, so add to that the cost of the iphone, the activation fee to initiate new service, and the plan you'll be on for an alloted amount of minutes + data + texting, which is going to be considerably higher than your current monthly average.
    But if he takes all phones to AT&T, he can get similar pricing there.

By the way folks, I know of quite a few iPhone users who are thrilled with the phone and the service. Not everyone is that mobile & not all need to tether or would otherwise notice the slower GSM speeds. I know many in Arizona who've never seen the Grand Canyon and people in SoCal who've never been to Disneyland. Ask Lastraid if he's ever explored the Carlsbad Caverns - he lives in NM, after all. I've had Scouts with iPhones who love them - until we go camping. If not for a semi-ban on electronics, they'd all be wanting to borrow (read: commandeer) my phone because they have no signal & I have all bars.

So, depending on their needs, claims of crappy coverage on whatever carrier may fall on deaf ears - as they should.

06-24-09 04:13 PM
    My monthly fee would be $75 at ATT vs. $40 at Verizon. $35/month - not very much difference.
    06-24-09 04:40 PM
    My monthly fee would be $75 at ATT vs. $40 at Verizon. $35/month - not very much difference.
    $40 voice. $30 BB data.

$5 for 250 text?
    06-24-09 04:57 PM
    $40 voice. $30 BB data.

$5 for 250 text?
    I get so-called 'premium' discounts thru my employer amounting to about $10/month
    06-24-09 05:10 PM
    thats a big difference to me

screw AT&T, I would stay with Verizon
    06-24-09 05:55 PM
    I get so-called 'premium' discounts thru my employer amounting to about $10/month
    Okay, let me see if I have this straight. It sounds like you have 450 min for $40 and $45 for BB BES data and get $10 off which would make $75 on verizon. But looking at that still doesn't add up. So maybe $40 voice, $30 BB BIS and a $10 text plan?

That same plan would be $5-$10 more on ATT based solely on their data plan rate. But then you need to figure the cost of etf fee(s) and the $35 activation fee on ATT and the cost of the new phone.

I am not anti-ATT. I know better. But I am against changing for the wrong reasons.

06-24-09 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the comments all. I spoke to a Verizon rep and he said it would cost $110 to cancel my contract.
    06-25-09 03:36 PM
    ;

06-25-09 04:29 PM
    ;

Somebody knows something!
    06-25-09 04:43 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD