10-28-08 11:41 PM
28 12
tools
    Hey guys,

i currently have the LG Chocolate 2, and i am looking to get the BB Storm when it comes out. But i was looking into things a little more and noticed something that i wasn't sure of. I want this phone for the sole capability of being able to use the internet with my hands and being able to make calls obviously, but also being able to check my e-mail. I am an absolute iphone lover and i would love to get it but AT&T has terrible service and i just don't wanna leave verizon.

i currently have the 900 minutes nation wide premium plan where i get VZ Navigator and all the good stuff, i believe its 99.99 a month. But i was doing some research and i read on forums and yahoo answers that it costs 15 to get internet. but then i was looking at verizons website and it said somewhere that it costs 49.99 to get e-mail and unlimited internet on a blackberry? is this what everyone is paying? or am i just reading something wrong. can someone please answer.

thanks!
    10-06-08 03:02 AM
    thats expensive, do you feel that it is worth it?
    10-06-08 03:44 AM
    That would be a question for yourself to answer.
    10-06-08 03:49 AM
    obviously internet is worth it, but im trying to browse through verizon's website and i don't know if im just stupid but i can't understand certain features, what im basically looking for, is low minutes, lots of features, and lots of applications to use, with an included free nights and weekends plan. because i do talk during the day but i know the lowest minutes they offer is 450. what other plans do you guys have?
    10-06-08 03:56 AM
    Don't get a bb if you aren't going to get internet.

30 a month ain't that bad considering that'll by you less than 10 gallons of gas.
    10-06-08 04:59 AM
    i see that they have 2 different options one of them is for Internet and E-mail, and the other is something along the lines of Blackberry Unlimted Data Package, what does that mean?
    10-06-08 05:39 AM
    You could get 450 minutes with unlimited NW and unlimited text msg for $59.99 (called the select plan), add on unlimited Blackberry for $29.99 and then 9.99 for vznavigator and your looking at roughly $99.97 so about the same you are paying for now. The premium plan you are on now is not compatible with the Blackberry. The diff between the $29.99 and $44.99 plan for Blackberry is the $44.99 plan is basically to have access to use the BES server for work email, if your not sure if you need one you probaby don't

Hope that helps and yes it is definately worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 05:50 AM
    You could get 450 minutes with unlimited NW and unlimited text msg for $59.99 (called the select plan), add on unlimited Blackberry for $29.99 and then 9.99 for vznavigator and your looking at roughly $99.97 so about the same you are paying for now. The premium plan you are on now is not compatible with the Blackberry. The diff between the $29.99 and $44.99 plan for Blackberry is the $44.99 plan is basically to have access to use the BES server for work email, if your not sure if you need one you probaby don't

Hope that helps and yes it is definately worth it.

Thanks for the awesome response.

i actually have another question you basically answered everything for me. From what ive read you can tether the blackberry to your computer to use the computer as a wireless connection. How much data can u actually download with the 29.99 plan. is there a limit? im assuming overages are like 1.99mb
    10-06-08 07:34 AM
    Tethering is extra and you're limited to 2GB cap a month.
    10-06-08 08:53 AM
    how much more is tethering?
    10-06-08 09:04 AM
    Tethering on the $29.99 plan is $30, on the 44.99 plan it is $15, either way its going to be $59.99. I'm not 100 percent sure but ithe tethering should have a 5gb cap not a 2gb but I will verify for you can get back to you on it.

10-06-08 10:01 AM
    thanks for the help guys i can't wait to get the storm
    10-06-08 10:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure the teathering is 15.00 no matter what unless they changed it.
    10-06-08 10:51 PM
    is you don't have the plan where it gives u the 5gb limit can you still tether the blackberry to your computer and pay like a certain per Megabyte fee?
    10-06-08 11:16 PM
    You dont want to do that. You will quickly rack up the MB's.

Why worry about tethering? If you have a computer with you most of the time just use it to surf the net and check email.
    10-07-08 11:10 AM
    im talking about when im somewhere, with my laptop, and there is no wifi access point. like if im in the car, on a bus, at the airport at a hotel that doesn't have the internet. sometimes i need to send important word documents or a bunch of pictures for work. Do you know how much it cost
    10-07-08 12:02 PM
    You can email documents and pictures right from your BB...

Connect
    10-07-08 01:25 PM
    Was searching a bit when I found this thread and I was wondering, does the GB limit apply to the blackberry by itself at all? Or is unlimited data TRULY unlimited?
    10-19-08 08:15 AM
    Was searching a bit when I found this thread and I was wondering, does the GB limit apply to the blackberry by itself at all? Or is unlimited data TRULY unlimited?
    Not sure what carrier you are with, But with VZW the data on the device is unlim, tethering is set to 5GB with overage costs.
    10-19-08 08:26 AM
    Not sure what carrier you are with, But with VZW the data on the device is unlim, tethering is set to 5GB with overage costs.
    Yea I'm Verizon, I guess I need to get that set in my profile.

Thanks. It always confused me that there was a limit on tethering but not on phone data.
    10-19-08 10:00 AM
    check out the how much is your bill thread, it shows all the different plans that people are paying for. You can get an idea of what you might like and the prices.
    10-20-08 03:18 AM
    Question, I have Verizon and I really want to get the storm when it comes out. how much would it cost if I wanted unlimited text, and internet? I don't call a lot so i don't need many minutes.
    10-24-08 02:09 PM
    I got the 450 plus BIS runs me about 90 or so...I forget about my bill until it comes every month but its worth it I feel, never need to worry about going over and racking up a huge bill....unlimited text/internet and nights/weekends works for me
    10-24-08 03:09 PM
    Could I add myself to my family's plan if i get a blackberry? They recieve the nationwide family sharing plan. So if i get the Blackberry solution plan, with the storm, will I get the 1400 minutes like the rest of my family since I'm on their plan?
    10-24-08 06:30 PM
    thats expensive, do you feel that it is worth it?
    Expensive, but the cheapest viable way to obtain a Storm [or any BlackBerry device]. Were not allowed to sell a BB device without adding atleast the 29.99 unltd web and email plan, if not the 44.99 business plan. Theres no way around it, the system kicks it in no matter what.
    10-25-08 07:12 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD