Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up a Tour on Verizon next month (fingers crossed ). I've heard a lot about several programs that allow you to stream tunes! I find that to be amazing. I would love a break from local radio when I jog or head to work. Though I know that "unlimited" really doesn't mean unlimited to Verizon.

Has anyone ever reached the Verizon bandwidth cap while streaming and surfing the web? I send a lot of MMS, surf a lot of web, and would like to start streaming an average of 5 hours a day. I don't want to jepordize my privledges and get booted off Verizon, but I also want to get what I pay for and get my money's worth of my data connection .

Has anyone mimicked my usage habits? What were the results?
    06-23-09 09:41 PM
    Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up a Tour on Verizon next month (fingers crossed ). I've heard a lot about several programs that allow you to stream tunes! I find that to be amazing. I would love a break from local radio when I jog or head to work. Though I know that "unlimited" really doesn't mean unlimited to Verizon.

Has anyone ever reached the Verizon bandwidth cap while streaming and surfing the web? I send a lot of MMS, surf a lot of web, and would like to start streaming an average of 5 hours a day. I don't want to jepordize my privledges and get booted off Verizon, but I also want to get what I pay for and get my money's worth of my data connection .

Has anyone mimicked my usage habits? What were the results?
    Verizon caps you at 744 hours of streaming per month.
    06-23-09 09:43 PM
    There is no bandwidth cap for any data run on your smartphone. The data caps are only when tethering.

I've topped 10GB many months & the phone police have left me alone.

Verizon caps you at 744 hours of streaming per month.
    Well, there is that cap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 09:43 PM
    There is no bandwidth cap for any data run on your smartphone. The data caps are only when tethering.

I've topped 10GB many months & the phone police have left me alone.

Seriously ?! This is all news to me. I've always heard of the infamous 5gb cap. How exactly can Verzion tell tethering vs data usage on the phone? With an app like TeatherBerry I heard it uses your data so on Verizon's end, how can they tell?
    06-23-09 09:47 PM
    Seriously ?! This is all news to me. I've always heard of the infamous 5gb cap. How exactly can Verzion tell tethering vs data usage on the phone? With an app like TeatherBerry I heard it uses your data so on Verizon's end, how can they tell?
    IP and port records make it pretty clear.
    06-23-09 09:55 PM
    Yeah 744 hours is the cap.
    06-23-09 10:05 PM
    IP and port records make it pretty clear.
    And file type loads. If you're viewing flash content, you must be a tetherer. If you're streaming CMT or running other content that is incompatible with BlackBerry, you must be a tetherer. If you're carrying an MSIE or Firefox signature, you must be a tetherer. If Eudora, Thunderbird, Pegasus oe even Pine (remember Pine? I still love it), you must be a tetherer. If Windows Media Player makes a call for data, you must be a tetherer. If Windows or Mac is detected, you must be a tetherer.

Need I continue?

There are many ways besides basic network sniffers.

06-23-09 10:15 PM
    There are many ways besides basic network sniffers.
    That's all I get though....
    06-23-09 10:17 PM
    As you have already been told, the unlimited plan is truly unlimited, despite what those that don't know what they are talking about claim

06-23-09 10:44 PM
    Has anyone possibly thought of the 744 hour cap as a joke? 744 hours = 31 days
    07-20-09 10:25 AM
    LOL seriously... it was a joke I never
    07-20-09 10:28 AM
    Well you're so bright I may just need to take off my sunglasses

07-20-09 11:02 AM
    does anyone know how much a $99 plan comes out to after all the tax is thrown in??... I'm thinking about going to verizon
    07-20-09 11:04 AM
    Depends on your city/state taxes

07-20-09 11:07 AM
    Well okay, these guys were pulling your leg just a little. They won't give you 744 hours in February or June, for example.

07-20-09 02:49 PM
    does anyone know how much a $99 plan comes out to after all the tax is thrown in??... I'm thinking about going to verizon
    Call or go into Verizon and ask them, they should be able to tell you. Or move to Montana, no taxes here.
    07-20-09 03:52 PM
    Call or go into Verizon and ask them, they should be able to tell you. Or move to Montana, no taxes here.
    Here in NH too.

On a side note.. I read so much on here about how much people pay for new blackberries after taxes. It's so nice not having that extra cost. Plus alcohol is cheap here, which is always great!
    07-20-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD