in the last two days since I downloaded slacker radio my data usage has jumped tremendously..... like from 110mb to 270 MB in a couple days..... is this normal? can I get in trouble with this?
    03-24-09 09:18 PM
    You can, but probably not. Even at that rate, you won't hit 5GB in a month. You'll come close, but you should be okay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 09:56 PM
    You can, but probably not. Even at that rate, you won't hit 5GB in a month. You'll come close, but you should be okay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    so as long as I stay under that precious 5GB a month mark, I will stay below the radar?
    03-24-09 10:02 PM
    Usually you will. Now if you start hitting 25GB, you might want to bend over.

Seriously, if you go over the 5GB figure, as long as you're not tethering AND you're not going well over, shouldn't be an issue. Carriers don't consider these apps as streaming - in the true definition of the term, these apps are not streaming. VZW allows YouTube and that consumes more than Slacker/Pandora/iHeartRadio.

On one of my phones, I hit 14GB last month. I have tethering on it and the tethering ran 6.2GB. My Berry took the rest, but mostly because of email attachments, and a little from Slacker/iHeart. My total bill still showed all data included and no extra charges.

While I'd not run these apps around the clock, if you're not tethering, and I know you aren't, don't sweat it.
    03-24-09 10:24 PM
    thanks twins
    03-24-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD