Hello, I have the unlimited plan on Verizon. SO this boils down to 5 gig a month.
    Can someone please shed some light as to what 5 gig may be. I let me kids stream about 12 minutes of mobile you tube today at the doctors office. Is that a lot?
    I mainly just do email, and news, and I will stream something for my kids if I need to.

Also why do I get a black warning screen stating that my device is not one of the devices for mobile you tube, but I have no trouble viewing it. other then I can not get the screen to actually go full screen.

Thank you
    05-27-08 09:54 PM
    You can dial #3282 (data) to check your usage at any time.

5 gb on a blackberry is a lot. A WHOLE LOT actually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 10:58 PM
    Last I checked unlimited means unlimited. To give you a limit is false advertising and deserving of a lawsuit in my book.

05-27-08 11:24 PM
    Ever see unlimited*, with a footnote??

Reason being, they have a tethering plan for BlackBerry that costs extra, and 99% of the time, to go over the 5gb you would be needing to tether.
    05-27-08 11:26 PM
    Ever see unlimited*, with a footnote??

Reason being, they have a tethering plan for BlackBerry that costs extra, and 99% of the time, to go over the 5gb you would be needing to tether.
    I tether 11 hours a day, five days a week and I don't even come close to five gigs. I also do not stream video or music. Just basic browsing and emails.
    05-27-08 11:31 PM
    5GB is enough...but personally I wouldn't tether with that, I download 5GB of movies in the run of a day, if not more as long as you weren't doing that you'd be fine lol!
    05-27-08 11:37 PM
    5GB is enough...but personally I wouldn't tether with that, I download 5GB of movies in the run of a day, if not more as long as you weren't doing that you'd be fine lol!
    Exactly! As long as you're not downloading massive amounts of files, you will be ok. VZAccess Manager will tell you how much you have used by the day or a range of dates.
    05-27-08 11:42 PM
    To my knowledge, the 5GB cap is only if you tether. If the data is used by the BB in standalone, it's unlimited.
    05-28-08 09:43 AM
    I wish I could get mine to stream u tube, but I get the annoying "your device is not supported" message every time I try. (Its an 8820)

05-28-08 10:17 AM
    the 5gb limit is whether tethering or not, but believe me, you would need to sit there day and night using that thing in order to come ANYWHERE near close to that, dont worry your good!
    05-28-08 10:59 AM

tethering plan for BlackBerry that costs extra,
    Now is tethering where you use your BB as your internet modem for your laptop?
    05-28-08 02:40 PM
    Now is tethering where you use your BB as your internet modem for your laptop?
    Yes. Laptop or desktop.
    05-28-08 02:43 PM
    Last I checked unlimited means unlimited. To give you a limit is false advertising and deserving of a lawsuit in my book.
    glad you are not my lawyer it's really not a limit, but serves more as a restriction to prevent streaming...as in streaming internet radio stations all day, etc.
    05-28-08 02:49 PM
    interesting topic I am considering switching over to VZW and was doing research and maybe its just me or I just dont get the maze of "data" plan options. Yes there is a 5GB cap and charges for overage. I assume they are tying to discourage streaming video and P2P file sharing. As far as the "tethering" I see they have a seperate charge in addition to the data usage for "broaband" access" I dont see how they could stop you from doing it with the basic blackberry data plan? Well I suppose a VZW user would know better than me.
    05-28-08 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD