This really irritates me. AT&T must know their network is crappy and has a bad reputation so the only way they can keep existing customers and get new ones is to pay extra for the latest devices. They have the iPhone 4 for ******'s sake, why do they have to be the first carrier to get OS 6?!

Sorry. Anyway how long till we see a device on verizon with OS 6? And how long till OS 6 is running on the bold?

EDITed for instant email notification
    08-03-10 11:39 AM
    +1 on the AT&T comments! I'm anxiously awaiting BB6 for my 9650
    08-03-10 11:42 AM
    This really irritates me.
    They have the iPhone 4 for ******'s sake
    why do they have to be the first carrier to get OS 6?!
    That is a lot of whining in one post. Someone give this guy a popsicle or a toy or something.
    08-03-10 12:05 PM
    It just dawned on me today why ATT may have the OS 6 first. I thought "pinch and zoom" were trademarks of the iPhone OS or browser. Well, if "pinch and zoom" were licensed to other platforms, and ATT is the exclusive carrier for the iPhone, it makes sense for ATT to be the first carrier that provides the other smartphone platform OS that has the "pinch and zoom". Good theory?

I am sure it just something like...there are more GSM phone users than CDMA, because GSM is a worldwide favorite, so perhaps the idea is to get the OS out to the larger market of potential users first. But, like the OP, I think since ATT has the iPhone exclusively, they shouldn't be first carrier in any other platform. Share your Iphone with us, and we'll share our BB with you!
    08-03-10 12:17 PM
    Per the press release: "Subject to carrier certifications in the months ahead, the new OS is expected to be available for the BlackBerry Bold™ 9700, BlackBerry Bold™ 9650 and BlackBerry Pearl™ 3G, as well as future BlackBerry smartphones."

Meaning, we just have to wait for someone - ANYONE - to release or leak OS6 for the device models specified here. Looks to me like RIM OK'd the OS for these models, so now the clock is ticking. I don't care which CDMA carrier releases OS6 first, I know how to delete vendor.xml :P
    08-03-10 12:29 PM
    Makes you wonder why os 6 will be on the 9700, but not the 9630.. hmm..
    08-03-10 05:50 PM
    That is a lot of whining in one post. Someone give this guy a popsicle or a toy or something.
    Sounds like someone peed on his popsicle.
    08-03-10 06:02 PM
    Makes you wonder why os 6 will be on the 9700, but not the 9630.. hmm..
    Doesn't the 9630 have a slower processor than the 9700? I'm still trying to figure out what the specs required are for OS6, right now it doesn't really make sense.
    08-03-10 06:08 PM
    Verizon will get 6 when every body else is on 7!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 07:57 PM
    I think it will take a long while for VZW to release an OS for the 9650. It is a fine device and VZW has taken some knocks on goofy approved OSs. That and they will want a device in market to debut with the OS first. How far off is the clamshell thingy?

08-04-10 03:45 AM
    That "clamshell thing" is probably further off then OS 6 , lol. do you need a popsicle or toy or something too ?
    08-04-10 07:00 AM
    It just dawned on me today why ATT may have the OS 6 first. I thought "pinch and zoom" were trademarks of the iPhone OS or browser. Well, if "pinch and zoom" were licensed to other platforms, and ATT is the exclusive carrier for the iPhone, it makes sense for ATT to be the first carrier that provides the other smartphone platform OS that has the "pinch and zoom". Good theory?
    Winmo phones have pinch and zoom. I believe android phones have it too.

08-04-10 06:42 PM
    Winmo phones have pinch and zoom. I believe android phones have it too.

I know the Incredible and the DX have "pinch to zoom", the original motorola droid I am not forsure on but they just got/getting froyo 2.2 OS, so that maybe included if they did not have it .
    08-05-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD