06-29-10 03:35 PM
37 12
tools
    Please help anyone if you can... I hate Verizon I really do. So much so when I get my bill each month before I even open it I know there will be some kind of mistake' never in my favor' and I will have to spend 20mins to hours trying to get them to fix the issues.

To many problems to mention here but tomorrow my billing cycle starts over again and i want to turn get out of my plan with them.

I have 3 phones on one bill. My 8330 curve is the only one I have a contract with. I think less then a year.

Can the curve be used with any other net works and how can I keep my phone number?

I have had my number for 10 years or longer.

Please help if you can.
    06-27-10 07:03 PM
    You can port your number to another carrier, you will need to get a new device though. Verizon devices like the 8330 can only be used on Verizon. You will be charged the early termination fee as well.

What types of issues are you seeing anyways? I have been with Verizon for going on 13 years, and no issues like this.
    06-27-10 07:10 PM
    You can port your number and well verizon phones only work with verizon so you would need to get a new phone with what ever carrier you go with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 07:17 PM
    Care to elaborate on your issue? Perhaps some reps here can help you out.

Anyways, if you really want to disconnect, just walk into another carriers store and tell them you want to port your number over.
    06-27-10 07:17 PM
    Well if its less than a year and its worth it to wait a few months you could save a few bucks and wait.

Otherwise you get new phones at the new carrier and tell them u are going to port ur old numbers. They will contact verizon and verizon will release your numbers to your new carrier and I forget if they send u a final bill or if ur new carrier pays it and adds it on to ur new bill. But that's the basics

06-27-10 07:34 PM
    The other carrier does not pay the final bill or charge the customer for it. Verizon will send her a final bill.
    06-27-10 07:38 PM
    You guys were very sweet to get back to me. I pretty much knew that I would have to get a new phone.

There has to way to use my curve ' thinking out loud' someone on here has to know how to do to this.

My problems are from no service at home, over charges, not adding a phone to the unlimted plan so I was charged all the calls, ..........so many that I have a headache thinking about it.

* The very worst one was 2 months ago when my voice mail was not working for some reason. On my voice mail I had 15 messages my sister had left me. She DIED not long ago and some *** at verizon just delte them. I told her not to mess with the voice to leave it alone.. She had no idea what she was doing.

Next thing i know I hear her say I am sooooo sorry but I hit the wrong button and your messages are gone.. I was crying for days.

I should have recored them but I didn't I guess you live and learn.
    06-27-10 07:39 PM
    you can definitly port your number ver to another carrier.
    regarding using you curve on another carrier probably not. what about upgrading to a newer device?
    06-27-10 07:41 PM
    You guys were very sweet to get back to me. I pretty much knew that I would have to get a new phone.

There has to way to use my curve ' thinking out loud' someone on here has to know how to do to this.

My problems are from no service at home, over charges, not adding a phone to the unlimted plan so I was charged all the calls, ..........so many that I have a headache thinking about it.

* The very worst one was 2 months ago when my voice mail was not working for some reason. On my voice mail I had 15 messages my sister had left me. She DIED not long ago and some *** at verizon just delte them. I told her not to mess with the voice to leave it alone.. She had no idea what she was doing.

Next thing i know I hear her say I am sooooo sorry but I hit the wrong button and your messages are gone.. I was crying for days.

I should have recored them but I didn't I guess you live and learn.
    There really is no way to use a CDMA Blackberry with another carrier. They ESNs are loaded into a device database kept by the carrier that recognizes all the ESNs. If you tried to call sprint to get it activated, they would not recognize it.

GSM Carriers require SIM Cards -- the frequencies on the phones do not match.

I'm sorry about the voicemails -- there are 3rd party companies that will send your voicemails to you as an MP3 (I know this is too little too late..).
    06-27-10 07:50 PM
    My opinion - some of the issues (mainly ones to do with your account) stem from a user level. You have control of your bill. You can see these types of things online and make your changes.

As for the voicemail thing - I am sorry to hear about your loss - but that could have been any carrier.

As far as service - well if thats a big issue then yes you may want to look at another carrier, but also keep in mind while their service may be better at your house, it may be worse in other areas you frequently visit.
    06-27-10 07:55 PM
    I would like to ask one more thing. What reasons would I want to stay with Verizon other then the fact I would have to buy a phone.

Really OK so people say they have the best coverage but I am not planning on going to some corn field in KS. Or going to be under ground any where.

I think Tmoblie has a Plan that is 60 a month for everything. I am paying over 140 for one phone. I have no real Idea why. I do know that I call 411 alot and that is on me. I really need to stop doing that.

Also I think cricket you get free 411 in there plan.. I lknow they pretty much suck but I do think it is great that they have that in there plan

I just cant get over my bill each month. Here is my last bill I just paid a few days ago.

Bill Period: April 29, 2010 - May 28, 2010
    Need-to-Know Information|Explanation of ChargesPrevious Balance $700.83
    Payment - Thank You -$274.59
    Adjustments
    Late Fee on 05/25/10 -6.25
    Cellular Service - Activation for REALITY on 05/25/10 -35.00
    Device Returned Credit for CURVE.. on 04/30/10 -419.99
    Other Fees and Surcharges -1.12
    State Tax Adjustment -27.37
    Credit Balance -$63.49
    Account Charges and Credits
    MD State 911 Surcharge .25
    Montgomery Cnty 911 Surchg .75

Monthly Access Charges
    These are your fixed monthly charges that are based on your Plan and Optional Services. If you change your plans or services during the month, an adjusted charge that includes partial month charges or credits, may appear on your bill. $289.93
    Usage Charges
    These are your variable charges that depend on whether you have used any services that are billed on a per-use basis, or have exceeded any monthly allowance included in your Plan or Optional Services.
    Breakdown Of MinutesCloseShared Minutes Used Phone Number Minutes Used
    301-curve (P) 1418
    240- razor 698
    240-reailty 433
    Total Minutes 2549
    SharePlan Allowance
    Overage Minutes

Voice
    The "Voice" section of your bill Includes charges for voice calls, including calls that exceed your Plan's minute allowances, 411 Search, Long Distance and other calls. $47.76
    Breakdown Of DataCloseMessages Used KB/MB Used Downloads Phone Number Text/Picture/Video
    301-xxx _xxx
    240- xxx -xxxx
    240- xxxx -xxxxx

Data
    The "Data" section of your bill includes charges for all Text, Picture and Video messaging, as well as other data services, such as web browsing, receiving daily alerts, downloading games or Ringtones $3.98
    Verizon Wireless' and Other Charges & Credits
    Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government. Other Charges and Credits - includes charges for products and services, and credits owing. $55.43
    Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees
    Includes sales, excise and other taxes and governmental surcharges and fees that we are required by law to bill customers. $19.86
    Total Current Charges
    Includes all charges for your current billing period. It does not include past due charges. $417.96
    Total Charges Due by June 23, 2010 $354
    06-27-10 08:40 PM
    There is no need to call 411 at all. Goog-411 is free.
    06-27-10 08:45 PM
    Irishqt, if you want to keep the same type BB Curve phone, you could switch to Sprint and save some money, but customer service will prolly not be any better than at VZW with any other carrier. You can find out how much the Early Termination Fee is and decide if it is worth it to wait, you may even save that much in a short time with Sprint and keep your same phone number, but you will have to get a new phone, maybe they have some good deals and again it might pay for itself in a short few months with the cheaper service. You can easily transfer over all of you contacts, emails, settings, etc, etc. Worth checking into? Good Luck!
    06-27-10 09:03 PM
    I would like to ask one more thing. What reasons would I want to stay with Verizon other then the fact I would have to buy a phone.

Really OK so people say they have the best coverage but I am not planning on going to some corn field in KS. Or going to be under ground any where.

I think Tmoblie has a Plan that is 60 a month for everything. I am paying over 140 for one phone. I have no real Idea why. I do know that I call 411 alot and that is on me. I really need to stop doing that.

Also I think cricket you get free 411 in there plan.. I lknow they pretty much suck but I do think it is great that they have that in there plan

I just cant get over my bill each month. Here is my last bill I just paid a few days ago.

Adjustments
    Cellular Service - Activation for REALITY on 05/25/10 -35.00
    Credit Balance -$63.49

Monthly Access Charges
    These are your fixed monthly charges that are based on your Plan and Optional Services. If you change your plans or services during the month, an adjusted charge that includes partial month charges or credits, may appear on your bill. $289.93
    Usage Charges
    These are your variable charges that depend on whether you have used any services that are billed on a per-use basis, or have exceeded any monthly allowance included in your Plan or Optional Services.
    301-curve (P) 1418
    240- razor 698
    240-reailty 433
    Total Minutes 2549
    SharePlan Allowance
    Overage Minutes

Voice
    The "Voice" section of your bill Includes charges for voice calls, including calls that exceed your Plan's minute allowances, 411 Search, Long Distance and other calls. $47.76
    Breakdown Of DataCloseMessages Used KB/MB Used Downloads Phone Number Text/Picture/Video
    301-xxx _xxx
    240- xxx -xxxx
    240- xxxx -xxxxx

Data
    The "Data" section of your bill includes charges for all Text, Picture and Video messaging, as well as other data services, such as web browsing, receiving daily alerts, downloading games or Ringtones $3.98
    Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government. Other Charges and Credits - includes charges for products and services, and credits owing. $55.43
    Includes sales, excise and other taxes and governmental surcharges and fees that we are required by law to bill customers. $19.86
    Total Current Charges
    Includes all charges for your current billing period. It does not include past due charges. $417.96
    This is hard to read.. but judging from what I can see you would need to be on the unlimited minutes plan with unlimited data.. and I assume texting..

Is this correct?
    06-27-10 09:14 PM
    I don't understand where the flaws in the bill are.

Dialing 411 is ULTRA expensive. You have a BlackBerry, use the internet to find phone numbers you need. There are some great yellow page applications that would be very useful to you it appears.

Could you point out the areas you feel are incorrect, and what they should be?
    06-27-10 09:17 PM
    I don't understand where the flaws in the bill are.

Dialing 411 is ULTRA expensive. You have a BlackBerry, use the internet to find phone numbers you need. There are some great yellow page applications that would be very useful to you it appears.

Could you point out the areas you feel are incorrect, and what they should be?
    I agree with this 100%. This is not entirely the carriers fault.

I can't read how the bill is broken up, between the pink font and the run on, but I see that you have some extravagant charges, like ringtones, etc. Don't buy those from the provider. Make your own, and email them to your phone. Also $55 in other charges and credits? What is that?
    06-27-10 09:49 PM
    Also not paying the bill on time makes it roll over and the bills look much bigger than normal.
    06-27-10 10:31 PM
    I see you live in DC. I will never understand why people who live in 1 spot have Sprint, Verizon or ATT. Some of the other smaller carriers have some awesome plans like $40 unlimited everything. I have Sprint because I travel all 48 but if I lived in any city I would tell Sprint to kiss my rosy red a$$ along with Verizon & ATT
    06-28-10 12:09 AM
    My bill was never 700 dollars they made the mistake and charged me for an extra curve since mine was broekn. The port broke and thy told me to just keep it.... Even if they had not the price of a refurbish phone is 75.00. That is wht the invoice said.. I returned it but I was not late I even got a delivery confprmation. They said sorry things happen some times........

Again in 12 years I have nbever been late. I an a VIP customer. really never been late. But since they never got the return phon eI was charged, Until I fixed that problem.

Adjustments

I was told the activation fee for the reality phone would be wavied since I paid for the phone in full 200 dollars or more.. I stilll got charged.Cellular Service - Activation for REALITY on 05/25/10 -35.00

This is the criedit I got for the return phone which was crazy since it was not a new but a refurbish one.

What is this charge?

So the taxes are 27 dollars?

What is this credit balance?
    Credit Balance -$63.49

I have never called 911 is this normal?

So did I get charged again for 911 that i did not call

What is this?Monthly Access Charges

Usage Charges
    301-curve (P) 1418
    240- razor 698
    240-reailty 433
    Total Minutes 2549
    SharePlan Allowance
    Overage Minutes

OK yes I did the 411.. I do take blame for this.
    Voice

301-xxx _xxx
    240- xxx -xxxx
    240- xxxx -xxxxx

I do not have any ring tones on any phones I have .
    Data

I really want to know wht this charge is for?
    Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government. Other Charges and Credits - includes charges for products and

services, and credits owing. $55.43

So is verizon charging me 2 times for taxes?

What pass due charges? I am never late?Total Current Charges

As you see my paymen t was 354 not 417 I am so lost.
    06-28-10 02:15 AM

What is this charge?

So the taxes are 27 dollars?
    QT, Because you were credited $419.99 your taxes were automatically adjusted. You were previously charged a higher tax rate due to the high balance (taxes are a percentage, not a flat rate).

What is this credit balance?
    Credit Balance -$63.49
    You overpaid your bill by that much.

I have never called 911 is this normal?
    Yes, every state (I believe) has a 911 surcharge whether you call it or not.

So did I get charged again for 911 that i did not call
    Write your congressman!

What is this?Monthly Access Charges
    This is the amount of your monthly bill without taxes, overages, downloads, 411 calls, or any other extra charges. Your monthly access charges are just your calling plan and monthly features (base features). These include data plans, texting plans, insurance, etc..

Usage Charges
    301-curve (P) 1418
    240- razor 698
    240-reailty 433
    Total Minutes 2549
    SharePlan Allowance
    Overage Minutes

OK yes I did the 411.. I do take blame for this.
    Voice
    Read above as to what usage charges are.

I do not have any ring tones on any phones I have .
    Data
    Someone either purchased ringtones or one of your non-pda phones used 2MB of data service.

I really want to know wht this charge is for?
    Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government. Other Charges and Credits - includes charges for products and

services, and credits owing. $55.43
    It explains what they are. The government taxes telecom companies and every telecom company passes those charges onto the consumer.

So is verizon charging me 2 times for taxes?
    No, the difference between surcharges and taxes are; surcharges are fees imposed on the wireless company and Verizon is not required by law to pass those on to you. Taxes are fees the government has passed specifically targeting the consumer to pay them. It is required by law that Verizon (and all other cellco) collect these charges.

What pass due charges? I am never late?Total Current Charges
    This is probably the $419.99 that you didn't pay because you were returning the phone.

As you see my paymen t was 354 not 417 I am so lost.
    I'm surprised this hasn't been explained to you. I mean, I can't even see your account and I can explain this to you.. please post if you have further questions.
    06-28-10 05:33 AM
    They made a mistake on my bill once .But For the last 7 months I have been giving a discount that was suppose to just last 6 months .Hope it continues ... way to go vzw thanks for making up for your errors , LoL
    06-28-10 06:54 AM
    I have been with Verizon for over fifteen years and have never had any issues like this. Any problems I have had were taken care of by Vzw with no issues this looks like user error for the most part. I have tried all the other carriers and always went back to Verizon.

06-28-10 07:45 AM
    OP, you should probably call VZ for a full breakdown of your bill, and to see exactly what the charges are, since you are being charged above and beyond what you say your usage is.

They should be able to take care of this quickly and give you a full explanation. If they can't, call back and talk to someone else.
    06-28-10 08:44 AM
    you got to be kidding me... where is the duct tape..my head is about to explode!
    06-28-10 09:37 AM
    what plan are you on? do you use the friends and family number feature? you can pick 10 numbers and call them for free anytime you like. That might help bring down the cost of your bill (might not even need as many minutes), along with not using 411.

your $3.98 data charge was probably from one of the non-smartphones on your plan using the web. you can put a data block on those phones if it becomes a constant problem.

can you provide some more breakdown of your bill? I see $289 monthly charge, but no breakdown as to what plan and/or features you have. that would be helpful to see if you are just on the wrong plan [given your usage]
    06-28-10 10:22 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD