I was having a problem with my curve with getting vz navigator installed on it today, so i went to my local verizon wireless store(beaver valley mall) and as I walk in the girl who registers you for the next person in line asks me if i need help. I explain my problem and she looks at my phone. Within 5 minutes of her looking at my phone it is downloading vz navigator. I don't know if the people who sign you in have any phone training or not but that's gotta be the best expierence I've ever had at a verizon store.

On a last note i'm sure it helped that she had a curve of her own.
    12-15-08 02:45 PM
    How do I know? They let my wife exchange her Dare for a Centro, and then the Centro for a Voyager. They explained that they don't do that, but they did it any way. That is what I am talking about. Anything to make the customer happy. Same store had no issues warranty exchanging my old 8130 for a crackly speaker.

They have earned our business, and I have sent them a few friends to sign up for new service.
    12-15-08 03:03 PM
    I can tell where one is that isn't good, at least with BB's. Glad to hear there are good ones out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 03:06 PM
    Ha it's a requirement that they know about things that will cost you money, but they are not required to know about anything else..... lol
    12-15-08 03:32 PM
    I have the BEST store near me, my buddy Hank the Tank bends over backwards to be sure I am satisified. I wont go anywhere else now.
    12-15-08 04:56 PM
    my local verizon store is a verizon experience store. never had any problem in there, but they also do EVERYTHING! i was also having a lot of problems with my old glyde, after about 6 months and 3 different phones, and that's when i upgraded to my curve. they sold me the curve for the 1 yr upgrade price rather than make me pay for it full out. on top of that, they also gave me a brand new glyde out of the box for free since they needed to use one to get my contacts transfered over.
    12-16-08 02:48 PM
    I was having a problem with my curve with getting vz navigator installed on it today, so i went to my local verizon wireless store(beaver valley mall) and as I walk in the girl who registers you for the next person in line asks me if i need help. I explain my problem and she looks at my phone. Within 5 minutes of her looking at my phone it is downloading vz navigator. I don't know if the people who sign you in have any phone training or not but that's gotta be the best expierence I've ever had at a verizon store.

On a last note i'm sure it helped that she had a curve of her own.
    VZW during the holidays and sometimes at other times will take tech/cs reps from call centers and let them work in the stores for the experience. They will start out as the greeter and also help techs in the store.
    12-16-08 05:20 PM
    Me and my wife stopped by the verizon store this past sunday and the manager there was very helpful..............

Times past when we would be walking the mall I would stop by various stores (being a mall they're all just authorized agents of course) and just browse their phones and what not. It seemed every one I stopped at once the person found out I was under contract with alltel they would pretty much stop helping me........

This brings me back to a few days ago. Me and the wife were doing some shopping and decided (well I did, lol) to stop by the verizon store so I could play with a storm. I've always been interested in getting a blackberry and have drooled over the storm since I found out about it. So we went into the store and the manager came up and I explained that we were still under contract with alltel, but were wanting to look at some phones. Not only was he willing to help us, he even went to the trouble of finding an Omnia in the back so my wife could see what it was like (she didn't like it and has decided she wants a storm too!).

We are now suffering from Iwannablackberryitis and can't hardly wait for the merger to be completed so we can go back and get our Storms!
    12-16-08 08:13 PM
    my buddy Hank the Tank bends over backwards to be sure I am satisified.
    Are we talking about your personal life or your phone?

12-17-08 10:06 AM
    I've noticed the VZW store experience is based on the individual one deals with and most VZW store people would fit in well wearing white belt/shoes/plaid sports coats & selling used cars.

If you want consistently good service, avoid any cell provider company store. They are all a joke.

We have a few Storms running around here to try - we can't decide if it is aimed at BB users with misplaced iPhone envy or an attempt to entice iPhone users with 'Berry envy. I think it is the latter as no BB fan would ever consider an iPhone or a Storm.

12-17-08 11:32 AM
    I've noticed the VZW store experience is based on the individual one deals with and most VZW store people would fit in well wearing white belt/shoes/plaid sports coats & selling used cars.

If you want consistently good service, avoid any cell provider company store. They are all a joke.

We have a few Storms running around here to try - we can't decide if it is aimed at BB users with misplaced iPhone envy or an attempt to entice iPhone users with 'Berry envy. I think it is the latter as no BB fan would ever consider an iPhone or a Storm.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with a couple of your points.

#1 "If you want consistently good service, avoid any cell provider company store. They are all a joke."

I've always had much better luck going to a company store. In fact about the only bad experience I had was with an AT&T "authorized agent" store that screwed 2 or 3 things up that ended up with AT&T trying to punish us (while admitting that their store screwed up) and then us leaving AT&T 6 months into a 2 year contract. But everything was so screwed up that we only had to pay 1 ETF (my wife's line) because they never showed my line under contract (I had upgraded and signed a new contract TWICE in those 6 months!)

#2 The whole "no BB fan would ever consider an iPhone or a Storm."

Have you ever been on the Storm message board on this site? There are SEVERAL people on there that have been BB owners for years that upgraded to the storm and who love it. Plus I've been wanting a BB for awhile now, but when me and my wife switched to alltel 18 months ago they didn't really have a BB selection. On top of that my current phone (the LG glimmer) is touch screen and I enjoy having a touchscreen phone. I will also NEVER own an iphone because there are too many things I don't like about them (can't change the battery, no mms, have to buy ringtones from the apple store instead of being able to create your own or having friends bluetooth ones they have made.......).

Those are just my honest opinions though and aren't meant in any way to disrespect you or try to degrade you.
    12-17-08 03:18 PM
    You guys are lucky! All I have in my town are 2 Go Wireless 3rd party stores, and they don't know their **** from a whole in the ground, they just don't seem to care about the customers, whether it be problem related or signing new service. I live in klamath falls oregon, its a smaller town but c'mon take some pride in your job. Ok sorry for the rant.

31ACDC9F

12-17-08 03:54 PM
    I've had good luck at Wireless Zone in Robinson Twp PA...authorized agents will most of the time match any pricing and are more helpful and seem to take more time with customers. At vzw corporate you are simply a number to them...Most of the time authorized retailers will bend over backwards for you.

BTW- Authorized Agents actually have less customer services issues than corporate stores, per phone
    12-17-08 04:06 PM
    I've had good experiences with the one in Century III Mall (West Mifflin Pa), Bob has gone out of his way several times for my wife an I.

Its hit or miss with the one in Monroeville Pa on Rt 22, however I've had good experiences as of late. They replaced my old curve when I dropped it out of my ambulance, luckly I was down the street!
    12-17-08 04:42 PM
    from what I have seen tho, verizon is very stingy with honoring their warranties. It seems to me that the will not cover any phone that was not purchased from an official verizon corp store. Due to that fact, I only deal with my corporate store.
    12-17-08 05:52 PM
    from what I have seen tho, verizon is very stingy with honoring their warranties. It seems to me that the will not cover any phone that was not purchased from an official verizon corp store. Due to that fact, I only deal with my corporate store.
    Thats untrue, I bought a red Samsung flipshot before they were available in Verizon Corporate stores at BestBuy and 6 months later I went to a corporate store when it was having signal issues and they replaced it on the spot.
    12-17-08 10:02 PM
    The Verizon corp store in Bend,OR is fantastic. Aways helpful, very little wait time. All are very up to speed on their products.
    12-17-08 11:08 PM
    I have had nothing but excellent service in the company store in Maumee Ohio. Aways helpful and professional. In fact they convinced me a year ago to go blackberry. When I saw that 90% of the employees had blackberries on their belt I figured that they knew what they were talking about. I'm glad I listened!

12-18-08 12:52 AM
    Those are just my honest opinions though and aren't meant in any way to disrespect you or try to degrade you.
    its okay even if you did. This current PC environment is for the birds anyway - birds who don't value freedom of speech. If I am being stupid, don't beat around the bush - tell me I am being stupid!

For the same reasons (and more) I would never consider an iPhone, starting with ATT, followed by the interface, followed by the... (I digress well, don't I?) The interface keeps me away from the Storm, too. Of course, my favorite house phone is still a Western Electric rotary dial (with a real bell ringer) if that tells you anything.

My problem with the stores is based on their policies. Get a phone online or through 611 and the store acts as if you bought it from an enemy government. Have fun doing an exchange with the same discounts or getting proper credits. The people are on commission and often will try to get you into whatever makes them the most money.

If the carriers would make the transition from their various points of sale transparent, I'd feel better about the stores (and the carriers). As long as I keep getting treated like I am dealing with separate companies...

12-18-08 11:53 AM
    its okay even if you did. This current PC environment is for the birds anyway - birds who don't value freedom of speech. If I am being stupid, don't beat around the bush - tell me I am being stupid!

For the same reasons (and more) I would never consider an iPhone, starting with ATT, followed by the interface, followed by the... (I digress well, don't I?) The interface keeps me away from the Storm, too. Of course, my favorite house phone is still a Western Electric rotary dial (with a real bell ringer) if that tells you anything.

My problem with the stores is based on their policies. Get a phone online or through 611 and the store acts as if you bought it from an enemy government. Have fun doing an exchange with the same discounts or getting proper credits. The people are on commission and often will try to get you into whatever makes them the most money.

If the carriers would make the transition from their various points of sale transparent, I'd feel better about the stores (and the carriers). As long as I keep getting treated like I am dealing with separate companies...

Glad to know you didn't take offense. You probably know how easy some people get pissy when you go against their beliefs!
    12-19-08 02:52 AM
    Im glad that everyone is having a good experience with their verizon store. But, for me, no such luck. I live in a smaller town, and the people at the verizon store are okay. They never seem to be able to answer the questions I asked, about the bb storm, and their are a couple that are just plain rude. Oh well though, their service is great in my area, and whenever I call in for a problem, the people are way friendlier then any other company ive delt with.
    12-19-08 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD