05-24-09 06:46 PM
38 12
tools
    law enforcement fail....

yes I believe this would be true as well.. but if this was in response to my post. I was just simply showing why the person used the thread name as the thread name
    If the person is really in danger any of of those law enforcement could agree to the 20 bucks... heck if they would have called me I would have gave them 20 bucks ;/ so I think the agency could have agreed for the 20 bucks..
    Last edited by noaim; 05-23-09 at 01:23 AM.
    05-23-09 01:20 AM
    my post was in response to what twins said about the e911 and separate law line...i totally forgot about all that...its been almost a year since i worked at VZW...i guess you do lose some stuff over time

and if i were working, and i got that call, i would have said "hold on, i'll get my supervisor"...idk why a care rep is dealing with this at all...unless it isn't the truth!!!!
    05-23-09 01:24 AM
    verizon has been nothing but great to me, and im getting service where no else can
    05-23-09 03:13 AM
    W

Oddly enough e911 works even if the phone isn't active on a line. Not sure how the "sheriff" missed that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This ^^^..

Not only that but you'd be surprised how many people call up and are cops and need "cell phone records" or "text message details" or "location information." We have legal channels to handle this sort of thing.
    05-23-09 04:18 AM
    “I was more concerned for the person’s life,” Williams said. “It would have been nice if Verizon would have turned on his phone for five or 10 minutes, just long enough to try and find the guy. But they would only turn it on if we agreed to pay $20 of the unpaid bill. Ridiculous.”
    This is so damn ridiculous to me....e911 will work regardless of whether or not you pay your bill...so instead of just calling 911...they sat on hold with customer service until the person answered...then said they needed to make a call so they need to turn the phone on...and VZW said they needed to pay their bill...whats so wrong with that? If I was a VZW customer service agent and someone called up and said "Turn my phone on its an emergency!" I would've told them to hang the **** up and call 911. Its not friggin rocket science.
    05-23-09 01:20 PM
    This is so damn ridiculous to me....e911 will work regardless of whether or not you pay your bill...so instead of just calling 911...they sat on hold with customer service until the person answered...then said they needed to make a call so they need to turn the phone on...and VZW said they needed to pay their bill...whats so wrong with that? If I was a VZW customer service agent and someone called up and said "Turn my phone on its an emergency!" I would've told them to hang the **** up and call 911. Its not friggin rocket science.
    You missed the entire point. It was the police department who called VZW to do a track on the phone, and VZW refused because of the $20 past due limit. For one the Sheriff I think called the wrong number, because I have had VZW trace phones for me who's service has been shut off. I think between the CSR and the LEO they did not understand what each other wanted.
    05-23-09 01:52 PM
    You missed the entire point. It was the police department who called VZW to do a track on the phone, and VZW refused because of the $20 past due limit. For one the Sheriff I think called the wrong number, because I have had VZW trace phones for me who's service has been shut off. I think between the CSR and the LEO they did not understand what each other wanted.

this is probably more correct

I just think that anybody could have agreed to the 20 bucks if 20 bucks was going to save some guys life..
    05-23-09 05:46 PM
    Verizon wireless doesn’t even suspend for less than $25.00 to this article is full of ****. Unless the phone is a pre paid phone and was out of minutes. And if the cop called customer service, how can the agent be so sure she is talking to an actual cop and not some person "claiming" to be a cop. Another thing to think about is cops and law enforcement has a special number they can contact to get the last known tower used. A common knowledge (I hope) that all cell phones can still call 911 doesn’t matter if they are on or off. By government regulations all phones HAVE to be design to call 911. This story has articles holes in the story. And sounds a little one side.
    05-24-09 01:36 AM
    Verizon wireless doesnt even suspend for less than $25.00 to this article is full of ****. Unless the phone is a pre paid phone and was out of minutes. And if the cop called customer service, how can the agent be so sure she is talking to an actual cop and not some person "claiming" to be a cop. Another thing to think about is cops and law enforcement has a special number they can contact to get the last known tower used. A common knowledge (I hope) that all cell phones can still call 911 doesnt matter if they are on or off. By government regulations all phones HAVE to be design to call 911. This story has articles holes in the story. And sounds a little one side.

this may be true. I have no clue about what the police departments actually have access to..
    05-24-09 01:45 AM
    Looks like VZW definitely has emergency/law enforcement assistance contact methods. The sheriff in this case should have called 800-451-5242 and pressed “4” for an exigent situation. See below:

Verizon Wireless 800-451-5242 - Law Enforcement Only

General Information for serving subpoenas, search warrants and court orders:

Corporate name: Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless
    Mailing address: 180 Washington Valley Road
    Attn: Custodian of Records
    Bedminster, NJ 07921

Contact number: 800-451-5242 Law Enforcement Only
    (press “1” for general information, press “2” for subpoenas, press “3” for court orders and press “4” for EXIGENT situations) .

Hours: Subpoenas normal business hours:
    7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday - Saturday.

Court Orders normal business hours:
    7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday - Saturday
    Exigent situations 24X7: Prompt “4” on 800-451-5242.

Fax numbers:
    888-667-0028 for subpoenas and search warrants.
    908-306-7491 & 908-306-7492 for court orders and exigent situations

From Verizon Wireless Emergency Assistance
    05-24-09 10:23 AM
    Yeah I've never seen a suspension for $20 :/
    05-24-09 04:29 PM
    Well the way I feel...we have to have SOME privacy as consumers...I wouldn't want Joe Blow calling in trying to locate me...I mean it sounds like "big brother" to me & limits our privacy...but everyone is entitled to their opinion...I was once told not to believe everything I hear & half of what I see...I bet someone stretched the truth somewhere
    05-24-09 04:34 PM
    This has been discussed in two threads now, getting repetitive. Time to move on to something more productive.
    05-24-09 06:46 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD