I've searched around can't seem to find an easy answer for this one..

what's the best preferably cheapest way to get AIM on my verizon blackberry?

Thanks!!
    10-25-08 08:33 AM
    http://www.blackberry.com/instantmes...982A36AE4C16F9

Click that link from your blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 08:40 AM
    From you browser go to mobile.vzw.com.

Click on the icon for mobile IM anf follow the instructions
    10-25-08 08:41 AM
    to clarify:

The link i provided uses DATA.

The link lastraid provided uses SMS.

Use whichever suits your needs!

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-25-08 at 08:51 AM.
    10-25-08 08:44 AM
    Ok thanks for the clarification.. just to make sure I don't rack up my already outrageous verizon bill..

I only have 500 non-verizon-to-verizon texts on my plan.. but I have unlimited data so i should probably go with the first link?
    I had heard that if you go through vzw it charges you texts for every IM.. yikes

Thank you!
    10-25-08 11:35 AM
    Ok thanks for the clarification.. just to make sure I don't rack up my already outrageous verizon bill..

I only have 500 non-verizon-to-verizon texts on my plan.. but I have unlimited data so i should probably go with the first link?
    I had heard that if you go through vzw it charges you texts for every IM.. yikes

Thank you!
    Correct. If you have limited SMS,then yes, go with the first link. it uses DATA.
    10-25-08 11:43 AM

Thank you!
    At this point I'm not sure why one would ever want VZW Mobile IM on their BlackBerry since both VZW blackberry data plans are unlimited. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. First link, imo.
    10-25-08 04:53 PM
    http://www.blackberry.com/instantmes...982A36AE4C16F9

Click that link from your blackberry.

I suggest anyone take this route on their blackberry. The app itself is MUCH better than MobileIM, and like was stated previously, uses your data. This works great for individuals with blackberries who have only the 29.99 Web and email plan. I note the AIM app is much more snappy and responsive than MobileIM, and it shows your full buddy list. mIM only shows the users on your mobile device list.
    10-25-08 07:06 PM
    Thanks everyone!!!!
    10-26-08 09:48 AM
    Thanks everyone!!!!
    Using the AIM app available via Blackberry is just like using AIM on your PC, limitless data using conversation.

Using Verizon's text message based SMS 'AIM' portal on a Blackberry is the dumbest thing imaginable.
    10-26-08 02:31 PM
    i used the Mobile IM app and was happy with it. i have unlimited SMS. The AIM App from Blackberry only just became available to VZW users.

That and the new AIM app gave me errors for almost 3 weeks. i had to contact AIM 2 times and it finally got solved.

If one has unlimited SMS and wants all 3 Messenger programs then the VZW one is good.

i like the look and functionality of the blackberry one much better though.

10-26-08 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD