Can someone please explain to me how Verizon users are suppose to download new ringtones, pictures, or themes to our 8130's? The BlackBerry disk that came in my Verizon box loaded but when I try and bring up the first option for transferring data it closes my internet explorer with an error. I tried to remove it and reload it, but with the same results. I tried downloading a theme to my desktop and dragging it onto my Micro SD card in the 8130 and that didn't work. Can someone please help me? I would love to use the iBlackBerry theme or add a few ring tones. Thanks in advance.
    11-24-07 01:48 AM
    You can't save apps in the Memory card. Themes woun't save on the memory card.
    Pics, ringtones, songs etc can be saved on the MC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-07 06:19 AM
    Thanks...but can you tell me HOW to getnew themes on the phone and ringtones or songs in their respective spots? Verizon disables so much on our phones, infact, they told me I can not even "buy" ringtones from their Get It Now site for the 8130, I have to go to Handango.com who Verizon has says they have a joint collaboration. But even going there it is not clear how I download them and get them on my phone to actually use.
    11-24-07 09:37 AM
    I was able to create ringtones and email them to myself. I was also able to transfer them onto my device with Desktop Manager. Ive copied over pics the same way.

I havent attempted to modify the theme yet.
    11-24-07 10:36 AM
    Thanks...but can you tell me HOW to getnew themes on the phone and ringtones or songs in their respective spots? Verizon disables so much on our phones, infact, they told me I can not even "buy" ringtones from their Get It Now site for the 8130, I have to go to Handango.com who Verizon has says they have a joint collaboration. But even going there it is not clear how I download them and get them on my phone to actually use.
    You have to do some digging! There are PLENTY of sites that gives you themes, ringtones, ect.... Do a search on here and you'll find a place! send me a pin and Ill give you some ring tone sites! O if you like the Iphone theme I can give you 3 diffrent ones!

Click
    11-25-07 02:11 PM
    Hey Chad...I found sites; infact, I used Clickberry's site and got about 12 good ringtones and I purchased that iBlack Berry theme (which is awesome btw). My problem was figuring out how to actually get them on my BB, but I was able to figure that out...FINALLY! I emailed them to my BB and then opened them up in the browser and dl them. I was also able to connect directly to my computer (with no help from BB desktop software) and using Windows Media player was able to "sync" with it and dl some songs. I picked up a 1 gig MSD Card for it. My pin is in my listing on the left.

ALSO...have you setup any contacts? I sent an invite to my buddy that has a BB, but we are both "pending" still? Thanks for your help...and I will take any sites you can give me.
    11-25-07 02:46 PM
    I purchased that iBlack Berry theme
    WHAT?!?! I could have given them to you for free!!! on your pc, google search bphone. take the first link and then follow the directions!! the Zen iphone them is the best! Ill send you a request and ill send you all my links I have! As for you and your friend still sitting in request, I would end the request and then try again. I have heard that if 2 people try to send a request that it will jam and wont ever let the request ever go through.

Click
    11-25-07 02:51 PM
    I didn't know, lol! I received your request and accepted it, now you are pending too; let's see what happens. OK, I will search that right now. Oh, I just got your IM.
    11-25-07 03:00 PM
    how do you switch back and forth from TAP etc?
    11-25-07 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD