I know there's a lot of forum members who say they work for VZW, and who read and post in the forums. But posts regarding the Storm and similar issues make me wonder just how much of the feedback from CB that VZW actually takes into consideration for adjustments and improvements to their business. It does seem like VZW is very slow to make changes and improvements. Or maybe theyre just that confident of their prominence in the wireless arena. But do influential people in VZW for the most part know whats going on in Crackberry or even care? I would be pretty concerned, especially if I had any stake in the company. Or does VZW in general discredit a lot of whats negatively being said on CB? Anyway, I was just curious, no biggie...
    07-13-09 04:56 AM
    I'm sure VZW upper management probably see a lot of what's going on in the forums. If not, I do know that their marketing team seems to pay attention to the forums and other blog sites. As far as Verizon making changes with problems to the Storm, I'm not sure I understand your question, they don't make phones. Hopefully RIM has been reading the forums and will fix whatever problems there are in the Storm with the Storm2. As for software for the Storm, that is also made by RIM.... I don't really understand what Verizon needs to do to improve the Storm since they don't make the hardware nor the software.... Or maybe I'm not understanding the question.
    07-13-09 06:02 AM
    As a Peon the only official comment on CB that I have ever heard are about concern over leaked information and not selling the product we have today so we can wait and sell the product of tomorrow.
    07-13-09 06:35 AM
    CB, while popular in the BB world, does not have much, if ANY, influence on a company the size of VZW. You see individuals on here as individuals, not as company reps.
    07-13-09 06:51 AM
    As a Peon the only official comment on CB that I have ever heard are about concern over leaked information and not selling the product we have today so we can wait and sell the product of tomorrow.
    I attended a district data meeting on June 30th and we were told there was a job loss or two over the spilling of information on the Tour.
    07-13-09 07:45 AM
    I know there's a lot of forum members who say they work for VZW, and who read and post in the forums. But posts regarding the Storm and similar issues make me wonder just how much of the feedback from CB that VZW actually takes into consideration for adjustments and improvements to their business. It does seem like VZW is very slow to make changes and improvements. Or maybe theyre just that confident of their prominence in the wireless arena. But do influential people in VZW for the most part know whats going on in Crackberry or even care? I would be pretty concerned, especially if I had any stake in the company. Or does VZW in general discredit a lot of whats negatively being said on CB? Anyway, I was just curious, no biggie...
    You have to take the information with a literal grain of salt. These people who have had their Storms replaced multiple times, ridiculous. I've had the same Storm since mid December and haven't had it replaced once. Verizon is doing quite well, I don't think they need any advice from the so called "experts" on this forum.
    07-13-09 07:47 AM
    I can see that. There is often too much said by those who claim to work for verizon, along with too much latitude in what people use to call themselves verizon reps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:52 AM
    CB, while popular in the BB world, does not have much, if ANY, influence on a company the size of VZW. You see individuals on here as individuals, not as company reps.
    Agreed. While popular in the BlackBerry world, it is a minute representation of mobile phone customers as a whole.
    I can see that. There is often too much said by those who claim to work for verizon, along with too much latitude in what people use to call themselves verizon reps.
    You mean like "I work for a company that does third-party tech support" or "I work for an authorized retail outlet" or "My boyfriend's mother's next door neighbor once babysat a VZW rep's kids" so I am a VZW expert type?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 09:05 AM
    Bottom line is no one gives a hoot about cb. Blackberry doesnt care and either does verizon. Im on a call right now vz tech support and i can tell you right now that there have been ppl fired here becuz some ***** spouted off his rep id. lol I always recommend cb to new customer's just becuz of the info thats on here.
    07-13-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD