Verizon's normal return policy is 30 days from date of purchase. Say you pre-ordered the Incredible online on April 19. Does that mean you have 30 days from April 19 to return the phone, or 30 days from the date it was shipped, or 30 days from the date you received it? Anybody know?

Also, does Verizon actually have to have received the phone within 30 days for it to count as a valid return, or do you merely have to have shipped it back to Verizon within 30 days (and perhaps they receive it 31 or 32 days after purchase)?

Thanks!

P.S. Apologies to anybody who reads my double post on androidforums. But after I posted it there, I realized the Verizon gurus on this board might have better information.
    04-21-10 04:38 PM
    30 days starts when the phone is delivered to you.

You have to ship the phone on or before the 30th day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 08:39 PM
    Here's what Verizon had to say:

You can return the HTC Droid Incredible within 30-days of the date you receive it. If the device is, for instance, shipped on April 28th, was received on April 30th but not activated until May 3rd, we would need to receive it by May 30th. All original packaging and components in like-new condition must be received by us within the 30-day period so at the latest, need to be shipped off on the 28th day as the return label in the box provides for free two-day shipping. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    So appears they have to RECEIVE it within 30 days after you receive it.
    04-22-10 11:36 AM
    So morale of the story, don't wait too long to return the phone if you don't like it.
    04-22-10 11:49 AM
    You usually know if you don't like it within a few days.
    04-22-10 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD