11-13-09 05:22 PM
65 123
tools
    BNB beat it!
    I'm obviously more qaulified for your job!
    <3
    Indeed you are! Come grab this headset from me!
    10-30-09 03:12 PM
    Now fight nice gentlemen........

Thanks for the info!
    10-30-09 03:12 PM
    amp's a girl...
    Unless you know something I should....
    10-30-09 03:23 PM
    NJ I'm a GIRL!!!
    & BNB no way...get back to work!

edit: eff it im going back to my bish pic!
    10-30-09 03:23 PM
    thats a better price than my local store
    10-30-09 03:42 PM
    The easiest way is to become an employee. Then you can upgrade every 10 months.
    i get a better rate on hardware as a consumer than i ever did as an employee....although i do miss the 50% discount on service...

the pay plus the discount isn't worth dealing with all of you on a daily basis...at least here when you **** me off i can talk back to you, and just give you the god's honest truth...there, i had to bite my tongue and pet your egos
    10-30-09 04:40 PM
    I went into the Verizon store yesterday because my brand new storm that had been replace 10 times would not charge. It was brand new out of the box because they didn't have any more refurbed units. I went to the store and the manager upgraded me to a Storm 2 for free. Well minus updating my NE2.
    10-30-09 04:51 PM
    So BOTH people have to be eligible for the upgrade?
    And both have to be on the same account - or two accounts under the same name/responsibility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 05:14 PM
    I know everyone is like

"Read the TOA n00b, you agreed to <enter something you had no actual help in creating... the "contract">"

But think about it, how old is the Storm anywho. Not even a year old and they just replaced it. If you got the Storm when it came out and a NE2 setup... should I be waiting for the Storm 4 or Storm 5? (Implying that they will release a new storm every 9 months or so, ditching innovation and just handing out fodder).

Not saying Storm owners should get a free phone. But we should have an option to turn in our phone for the upgrade mostly because it's not even a year old. Really it's an act of good customer service and good faith.

Example, Microsoft is already well underway to make Windows 8, due out in... 2? years. Now you can skip it, and be just fine (put you are slowly being phased out because something new is out), or you can get it. If you get it you have 2 options... Upgrade or Full. (Same goes for Apple in that respects with OS X). Now imagine no upgrade option, ever. You only pay full price. Every time.
    There's an example of software. Lets look at hardware.

Want a new car, but have little use for your old... (I don't think I really need to continue).

In an "everybody wins" scenario. Verizon should allow Storm users to turn in their phones, for credit to a Storm 2 (direct upgrade). Verizon then can refurbish the phone and sell it again at a cheaper rate to someone who may like to have a Blackberry and a touch screen but doesn't have the cash for a Storm 2. The loss to Verizon is minimal; the loss for the original Storm owner is minimal.
    10-30-09 07:04 PM
    I know everyone is like

"Read the TOA n00b, you agreed to <enter something you had no actual help in creating... the "contract">"

But think about it, how old is the Storm anywho. Not even a year old and they just replaced it. If you got the Storm when it came out and a NE2 setup... should I be waiting for the Storm 4 or Storm 5? (Implying that they will release a new storm every 9 months or so, ditching innovation and just handing out fodder).

Not saying Storm owners should get a free phone. But we should have an option to turn in our phone for the upgrade mostly because it's not even a year old. Really it's an act of good customer service and good faith.

Example, Microsoft is already well underway to make Windows 8, due out in... 2? years. Now you can skip it, and be just fine (put you are slowly being phased out because something new is out), or you can get it. If you get it you have 2 options... Upgrade or Full. (Same goes for Apple in that respects with OS X). Now imagine no upgrade option, ever. You only pay full price. Every time.

Want a new car, but have little use for your old... (I don't think I really need to continue).

In an "everybody wins" scenario. Verizon should allow Storm users to turn in their phones, for credit to a Storm 2 (direct upgrade). Verizon then can refurbish the phone and sell it again at a cheaper rate to someone who may like to have a Blackberry and a touch screen but doesn't have the cash for a Storm 2. The loss to Verizon is minimal; the loss for the original Storm owner is minimal.

replace VZW with RIM, and this makes a lot of sense....
    10-30-09 07:06 PM
    I know everyone is like

There is so much wrong with that post, I don't even know where to start.

10-30-09 07:51 PM
    First.... don't be an A$$

You saw the LOL at the end of my post.

Anyone else try?

I want the Storm 2 Verizon!!!!! Quit screwin a loyal 10 year customer. Step up and give me the phones for $179.00! LOL

HELP!
    Take your own advice about being an ***..........no one is trying to screw you, VZW has rules to follow just like any other company, ten year customer or not.
    10-31-09 07:50 AM
    Well I was on my fourth storm from verizon and was just fed up with the flaws, so I went in to the store told them that the one they just replaced is still doing the same **** as the last 3, the lady keep saying well my brother doesn’t have any problems with his I said well good for your brother! But I have gone through 4 and I asked her so how much is it to cancel my contract? She replied $125 I said not bad ill keep that as an option. she replied well we have some more options ill just have them send u the storm 2 but it only has a 90 day warranty I said that’s fine. So that’s how I got the storm 2 a little bit of complaining and didn’t cost me ****! I’m so ******* glad I suggest all storm owners do it because this is bull**** that the storm was this ******* ****ty the first time around they finally got it right the second time! First the worse second the best........................: D oh yea and by the way I wasn’t eligible for a upgrade for another year.
    Last edited by kevinkane420; 11-11-09 at 01:35 AM.
    11-11-09 01:30 AM
    Well I was on my fourth storm from verizon and was just fed up with the flaws, so I went in to the store told them that the one they just replaced is still doing the same **** as the last 3, the lady keep saying well my brother doesnt have any problems with his I said well good for your brother! But I have gone through 4 and I asked her so how much is it to cancel my contract? She replied $125 I said not bad ill keep that as an option. she replied well we have some more options ill just have them send u the storm 2 but it only has a 90 day warranty I said thats fine. So thats how I got the storm 2 a little bit of complaining and didnt cost me ****! Im so ******* glad I suggest all storm owners do it because this is bull**** that the storm was this ******* ****ty the first time around they finally got it right the second time! First the worse second the best........................: D oh yea and by the way I wasnt eligible for a upgrade for another year.
    What a tool
    11-11-09 09:55 AM
    okay, this is without a doubt the most 100% most legit way to get a storm 2:

12 months after your last upgrade, ask them if they'll sell you a new phone at a discount. if you pay more than like $80/month on your plan, and you're the primary line on the account, you qualify for the upgrade!!! best part? you get to keep your phone, and not be a ******* ***** for starting a thread asking how to scam a major national wireless carrier

oh yeah, LOL
    HAHA! Priceless.
    11-11-09 09:59 AM
    I know everyone is like

Except that there is hardware involved that takes wear and tear.

A while back the storm was priced out at costing about $200 JUST for the hardware. You can give back your windows software and it's as good as new, the packaging can be replaced for mere dollars. You can't give back your year old used storm. The hardware is used, it's got wear and tear. Considering NEW storms are selling for $50 now, do you really think there is a market for Verizon to sell used storms?

Yes, Microsoft lets you upgrade your windows software for a discounted price sure. But guess what, RIM lets you do it for FREE. They could have said well hey since your phone came with 4.7, you can get .75 (MR1) and .148 (MR2) for free, but everyone has to pay for OS 5.0. But they didn't.

You can't compare the two. Do you think Dell would take back your old computer and give you another for 50-60% off, just because the new one has more memory and is a little faster? No way.
    Last edited by snork; 11-11-09 at 11:42 AM.
    11-11-09 11:40 AM
    What a tool
    Agreed. A tool.
    11-11-09 11:45 AM
    Yeah, I don't get it, if Verizon had offered me a Storm2 at half price when I wasn't eligible for an upgrade...I would have been on that so fast!
    11-11-09 11:58 AM
    i want to upgrade this thing - -*
    11-11-09 12:44 PM
    Honestly, if people wanted a new phone any time they wanted they would pay full retail for it so they are not locked in a contract and have to depend on discounts from the cariier. But since they want to be cheap, demanding and keep up with the jones' at the same time, they whine and cry. And cry and whine. And demand and whine. Then cry and demand.
    11-11-09 01:01 PM
    Honestly, if people wanted a new phone any time they wanted they would pay full retail for it so they are not locked in a contract and have to depend on discounts from the cariier. But since they want to be cheap, demanding and keep up with the jones' at the same time, they whine and cry. And cry and whine. And demand and whine. Then cry and demand.
    It is a sad time we live in, full of tragically sad people.

11-11-09 06:09 PM
    @bluerskyes, instead of making wild claims. Perhaps you'd bless us with an example. Instead of acting elitest.

Except that there is hardware involved that takes wear and tear.

A while back the storm was priced out at costing about $200 JUST for the hardware. You can give back your windows software and it's as good as new, the packaging can be replaced for mere dollars. You can't give back your year old used storm. The hardware is used, it's got wear and tear. Considering NEW storms are selling for $50 now, do you really think there is a market for Verizon to sell used storms?

Yes, Microsoft lets you upgrade your windows software for a discounted price sure. But guess what, RIM lets you do it for FREE. They could have said well hey since your phone came with 4.7, you can get .75 (MR1) and .148 (MR2) for free, but everyone has to pay for OS 5.0. But they didn't.

You can't compare the two. Do you think Dell would take back your old computer and give you another for 50-60% off, just because the new one has more memory and is a little faster? No way.

Really you missed the part "example". Microsoft just happened to be the first thing that came to mind due to the release of Windows 7. Would it work better for you if I said <Branded Dealership> Allows you to buy a new <vehicle of choice> at full price OR you can always trade in <old vehicle of choice> to help with cost OR you can buy <new vehicle of choice> and just sell the old via <enter means of sale here>. Even though the latest and greatest <year> <Brand> <model> <random letter number combo for coolness> is available not everyone has the cash to buy the newest but may want to still buy something newer then <enter 1970-80's PoS vehicle of choice here>.

As far as the Dell argument, remember years ago Gateway did do just that. Every so often (depending on contract) you could turn in your old for a new machine + credit. Obv it failed because computer hardware jumps drasticly in some cases even within a year. (Might I remind you, the Storm hasn't been out a year yet and there aren't a lot of significant changes between Storm and Storm 2)

Also, last note. You can't give back windows software. Really, in Microsoft's eyes you can't even exchange ownership rights. Odly you agree to it before installing it (there's a blurb on the side that says "You agree to the ToA blah blah blah" even though you have no idea what that might be). Even if you junk 1 computer and build a second, Microsoft wants you to buy a new OS installation because the one you had "is supposed to be exclusive" to the first machine it's installed on.

Edit: Fixed some errors.
    Last edited by Hawt; 11-12-09 at 08:56 PM.
    11-12-09 08:52 PM
    I went into the Verizon store yesterday because my brand new storm that had been replace 10 times would not charge. It was brand new out of the box because they didn't have any more refurbed units. I went to the store and the manager upgraded me to a Storm 2 for free. Well minus updating my NE2.
    10 TIMES!!!!! some of those have to be driver error, nobody can have 10 defective phones. just the odds alone are huge!!!!
    11-13-09 07:25 AM
    @bluerskyes, instead of making wild claims. Perhaps you'd bless us with an example. Instead of acting elitest.

Edit: Fixed some errors.
    What wild claims?

11-13-09 08:28 AM
    What wild claims?
    I think he confused you with the 10 defects guy.
    11-13-09 09:58 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD