I use AOL (dont laugh) as my main email. I have a bellsouth.net account for my DSL and use Outlook 2007 for that. I was using PLAXO to sync the AOL and bellsouth.net until PLAXO stopped working with AOL beginning of the year.

Yesterday i tried AOL's sync with Outlook--somethng i googled. I ended up with double the contacts in both places. It was not very pretty and i had/have a lot of cleaning up to go.

Obviously the technology that is supposed to make my life easier is not making it easier.

Anyone have any better ideas for me? What do you use??
    04-20-09 09:25 AM
    Are you looking for a sync solution for your BB or your PC? I'm not quite sure what you're asking for.....

Did you have the contacts in both places to start? Or just in one?

I guess I happen to be decently "lucky" that I use Novell Groupwise at work and it doesn't let me do anything like sync with something else.....I just do a direct sync with DM- Groupwise to my BB....

Only other thing I can think of is to switch to gmail and use their sync software with eithe outlook or just do it directly with your berry....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 09:42 AM
    I use CompanionLink and I love it. I am a salesperson so syncing my contact management software (OL with BCM) with my BB is essential. CompanionLink is worth every penny.
    04-20-09 10:31 AM
    i need to get outlook, i'm getting tired of yahoo's calendar and contacts management...its convenient that i can access it from any computer with internet though. but it just gets old. i'd like to hear what people have to say about this...
    04-20-09 12:48 PM
    Outlook is a great program. I just prefer my AOL for my email--i've had it forever and it's familiar--yet it aint what it used to be as far as actually anything other than email is concerned!

I really wish there was a way to sync my AOL and my Outlook that was easy and didn't ruin either program's contact list and/or calendar...

UGH!
    04-20-09 02:01 PM
    Are you looking for a sync solution for your BB or your PC? I'm not quite sure what you're asking for.....

Did you have the contacts in both places to start? Or just in one?

I guess I happen to be decently "lucky" that I use Novell Groupwise at work and it doesn't let me do anything like sync with something else.....I just do a direct sync with DM- Groupwise to my BB....

Only other thing I can think of is to switch to gmail and use their sync software with eithe outlook or just do it directly with your berry....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Plaxo had most of my contacts in both places--AOL and Outlook. Since Plaxo won't work with AOL anymore i have had some changes and not everything is synced up anymore. Soooooo...I ended up with 2x the contacts and calendar events in both AOL and Outlook.
    04-20-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD