Hi.

I'm from The Bahamas and was given a phone from the US by a friend. How can I unlock the data plan to use here? I'm able to use the SIM and make calls but the data plan when I tried to subscribe to the local data plan service, they're saying its locked onto verizon and at the top of the screen it says 'Activation Required'. Please help!!! I want to unlock the phone with the data plan so i can use locally!!!
    03-27-11 06:14 PM
    You need to unlock the device, not the data plan. Once it is unlocked, you will then be able to use your SIM card.
    03-27-11 06:16 PM
    the device is unlocked because i'm able to dial, text and use as a regular phone but when i want to activate the blackberry plan thing, its not allowing me to.
    03-27-11 06:23 PM
    Your friend needs to call VZW and have the PIN released.
    03-27-11 06:26 PM
    If the device is active on a Verizon account, it will need to be released from that account first.

You probably won't be able to get rid of the "Activation Required" message regardless.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-27-11 06:29 PM
    Moved to Verizon Forum.
    03-29-11 10:37 AM
    the device is unlocked because i'm able to dial, text and use as a regular phone but when i want to activate the blackberry plan thing, its not allowing me to.
    Blackberry plan thing?
    03-29-11 01:13 PM
    Blackberry plan thing?
    It sounds like he wants to add a BIS plan with a carrier in the Bahamas, but his friend has either not released the PIN or not paid his VZW bill.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-29-11 01:17 PM
    It sounds like he wants to add a BIS plan with a carrier in the Bahamas, but his friend has either not released the PIN or not paid his VZW bill.
    Definately sounds like a PIN release issue, and it needs to be handled by Verizon WITH the previous customer.
    03-29-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD