Is there any way to e-mail the problem and get a real respsonse ??
    10-31-09 12:03 PM
    You could report it in the proper forum, and the various users could try to help find a work-around for it.
    10-31-09 12:12 PM
    What is the problem?
    10-31-09 12:13 PM
    I'd like to know also. What is the flaw? There are certainly VZW folks here that I bet would like to know too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 01:58 PM
    What? Do you just want us to guess? Ok. We give up!

10-31-09 03:14 PM
    wow...... complain then dont respond!
    10-31-09 03:16 PM
    wow...... complain then dont respond!
    Sorry guys.. I was away for a while.. THe bug has been posted repeatedly over in the OS forum for the Storm but there seems to be no fix.
    In 5.0 update for 9530 changed the Voice dialing program to something that is totally inferior to the previous version and barely useable.
    The program has a huge error rate even after the new"training" routine.
    Secondly there seem to be 2 voices used in the program.. the voice that is the confirmation voice that repeats the selection of contact is so low that it is bairly audable. Turning up the volume has no effect. Particularly noticable with bluetooth headset.. This is a major step backward for a mofule that worked fine before. There have been quite a few who are having the problem but no fix ..I have tried all suggestions to no avail..Accordingly that is why I asked the question I did
    Last edited by rorkin; 10-31-09 at 03:48 PM.
    10-31-09 03:33 PM
    I would contact RIM since they develop the OS not Verizon.

10-31-09 04:02 PM
    I would contact RIM since they develop the OS not Verizon.

Support is automated knowlege base .. No help.. Other options are pay options.. Since I am paying VZW to provide me with a working phone and they released the OS that broke the Voice dialing , I would look to them to deal with it.. Again.. does anyone know of an e-mail approach that will generate a trouble ticket at VZW
    10-31-09 04:30 PM
    and here I thought the monthly bill was for the service..... The update came from RIM. They are the ones that will have to fix it.

You can always reload the older software if its that big of a problem.

10-31-09 04:47 PM
    Support is automated knowlege base .. No help.. Other options are pay options.. Since I am paying VZW to provide me with a working phone and they released the OS that broke the Voice dialing , I would look to them to deal with it.. Again.. does anyone know of an e-mail approach that will generate a trouble ticket at VZW

Again, RIM developed the software not Verizon. You need to contact RIM for support on RIM software, what we would do is possibly replace your phone. If it is an OS issue you will continue to experience the same exact problem.
    10-31-09 04:49 PM
    And who exactly FORCED you to install the update ??
    10-31-09 05:41 PM
    And who exactly FORCED you to install the update ??
    That may be the dumbest response I have heard --- ever.. Upgrades are supposed to work.. Other aspects of the update are improvements.. Voice dialing is not.

I have been polite and several times asked a simple question.. When asked for further details on the problem I supplied them.. I am not exactly new to Crackberry, phones, software or computers.
    I have never received such a load of negative and distainful responses .
    It was a simple question which none of you geniuses has seen fit to respond to, in the manner that I asked . Apparantly none of the respondees knows the answer. As I said earlier.. I have not found a way to address it with Rim.. Besides.. more than likely they would refer me to the Carrier and we can play ring around the rosey. Rant complete....
    Last edited by rorkin; 10-31-09 at 06:49 PM.
    10-31-09 06:45 PM
    Welcome to the World of BlackBerry.

I am so glad I have a round-trip ticket.
    10-31-09 07:45 PM
    Carriers don't create the phone OS versions. They merely test them to see that they work with their networks.

This is an issue to take up with RIM not with Verizon. Sorry if you don't like that fact, but it's a fact.

And as to your statement that "upgrades are supposed to work", I suppose you've never had any Windows patches or iTunes patches or anything like that. Those software releases "just worked", right? And when they didn't, did you think that you should complain to Dell or HP or whomever created your computer hardware, or did the complaint properly go to the SOFTWARE developer? Hmmm .....

And again, no one forced you to install the software. Life is about choices.

Oh, and if you think that my response was the dumbest response I have heard --- ever..", you must not have read very many forums. Just saying.
    10-31-09 07:51 PM
    Since I am paying VZW to provide me with a working phone and they released the OS that broke the Voice dialing , I would look to them to deal with it..
    Um no - no one pays their carrier to provide a working phone. The days of leased Bell System phones are long past.

You bought your phone - it is yours. You pay ONLY for the connectivity for that phone.

And - all updates come with risks. You accept those risks when you perform the update. So I have to side with Mama above - no one forced you to update.
    10-31-09 07:55 PM
    That may be the dumbest response I have heard --- ever.. Upgrades are supposed to work.. Other aspects of the update are improvements.. Voice dialing is not.

I have been polite and several times asked a simple question.. When asked for further details on the problem I supplied them.. I am not exactly new to Crackberry, phones, software or computers.
    I have never received such a load of negative and distainful responses .
    It was a simple question which none of you geniuses has seen fit to respond to, in the manner that I asked . Apparantly none of the respondees knows the answer. As I said earlier.. I have not found a way to address it with Rim.. Besides.. more than likely they would refer me to the Carrier and we can play ring around the rosey. Rant complete....
    This won't answer your question, but isn't the RIM developers' conference coming up, or did we miss it? Certainly there are other forums with a higher geek content than here.

Other than that, if it were that important to send up the chain, I'd start hitting the phones and calling RIM's offices.

Not the answers you were looking for, but that's all I can think of.
    10-31-09 08:32 PM
    Let's be realistic guys...

The OP and others are not going to throw $50 or what ever out the window to report a bug to RIM. VZW has agreements with RIM to provide support for the phones that VZW sales.

VZW also has ways to report these problems to the manufacturer and get fixes out.

So to the OP: Call tech support and ask to open a ticket on the issue if needed. There are departments that handle software issues offline and communicates that to the manufacturer to get a resolution.

Finally - VZW provides nearly all of the support for BlackBerry devices. We are trained on them and some techs get trained by BB themselves. If it wasn't VZW's place to provide support and updates to problems, then there wouldn't be an update released by VZW, but by the actual manufacturer across the board.

VZW released the software - we have to take responsibility for any screw ups. Trust me, I deal with it everyday.
    10-31-09 10:44 PM
    Um no - no one pays their carrier to provide a working phone. The days of leased Bell System phones are long past.

You bought your phone - it is yours. You pay ONLY for the connectivity for that phone.

And - all updates come with risks. You accept those risks when you perform the update. So I have to side with Mama above - no one forced you to update.
    Not disagreeing with you or anything, but my brother got a Storm with .75 as a refurb, had an issue hardware with it and the corp. VZW store would not return the phone unless it had the (then official) .148 when it had nothing to do with the OS at all..
    10-31-09 11:19 PM
    Not disagreeing with you or anything, but my brother got a Storm with .75 as a refurb, had an issue hardware with it and the corp. VZW store would not return the phone unless it had the (then official) .148 when it had nothing to do with the OS at all..
    I can believe that 100%. While I don't believe that would be VZW's policy (it might be - I just doubt it), store personnel are not always the sharpest tools in the shed - either in knowledge or customer service.

Customer: I got this phone from you, haven't modified it in any way, but now the speaker has failed.

Store: Sorry, but you have the wrong OS on it - your warranty is voided.

As I've mentioned before - I have had VZW reps tell me that installing software on a smartphone is a violation of the customer agreement & could cost me my service and my warranty.

10-31-09 11:29 PM
    Its not the customers fault that an official software update isn't working. The customer is not always right, but they're not always wrong either.

11-01-09 02:59 AM
    Let's be realistic guys...

The OP and others are not going to throw $50 or what ever out the window to report a bug to RIM. VZW has agreements with RIM to provide support for the phones that VZW sales.

VZW also has ways to report these problems to the manufacturer and get fixes out.

So to the OP: Call tech support and ask to open a ticket on the issue if needed. There are departments that handle software issues offline and communicates that to the manufacturer to get a resolution.

Finally - VZW provides nearly all of the support for BlackBerry devices. We are trained on them and some techs get trained by BB themselves. If it wasn't VZW's place to provide support and updates to problems, then there wouldn't be an update released by VZW, but by the actual manufacturer across the board.

VZW released the software - we have to take responsibility for any screw ups. Trust me, I deal with it everyday.
    Good call... and absolutely right... although I wish you werent today...
    11-01-09 08:23 AM
    Thats why part of our troubleshooting is updating the OS. Even if it isnt a software issue. Same thing visa versa... If its a hardware issue we still technically "have" to do a wipe handheld. Obviously if the is dead or keys dont function thats kind of overlooked but... you know... policy dictates.
    11-01-09 08:37 AM
    The customer is not always right, but they're not always wrong either.
    Same can be said about verizon reps.
    11-01-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD