Hello,
    I am a new member of this site. I love it here, glad you folk are around.

My company recently gave me access to email on my blackberry. this was great until i noticed I could not send or recieve my yahoo emails.

also, My internet browser is now replaced by my company browser which has a filter.

this really sucks. two questions:

1. how do i bypass my company browser security settings so that i can access my email any other site i choose.

2. can i turn off and on the enterprise email service from my company and then access my other web email.

there has got to be a way. I know you folks have the answer.

thanks a bunch.
    10-30-08 04:28 PM
    Welcome to BES. You now have an aggressive IT Policy. What's an IT Policy? An IT Policy is the way a company enforces its IT Security rules on BlackBerry's that have inside-the-firewall access. These devices have BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) accounts instead of the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) accounts that consumer users typically have.

BES users get over the air synching of their Calendar, Email, Address Book, Tasks, and Memos. In return, they accept that the company can monitor all their email, log their phone calls, and in general control every aspect of their phone: whether they can install apps, use the Media Card or Bluetooth, or access the internet, for example.

IT Policies can be very strict to benign. Mine, for example, only requires me to use a password and Content Protection and sets the max timeout to 30 minutes.

If you have an employer-provided phone, and attempt to remove the IT Policy with CrackIT or any other tool, your attempt will be detected the next time you attempt to log on to the company servers, the IT policy will be pushed back on your phone, and you could face severe disciplinary consequences for violating security.

The bottom line, if you allow your company to put your personal phone on the BES, you've just given them control of your phone.
    10-30-08 04:58 PM
    Exactly, well said Jeff.
    10-30-08 05:25 PM
    Unless it was forced upon you, I would have them take me off the BES, then I would wipe and start over. I hated the BES at my job. when I changed positions back in April, I no longer needed it so I was off of there quick!
    10-30-08 10:26 PM
    Thanks to Jeff and everyone else for the quick reply.

This really sucks. what about all my videos and songs i have saved on my phone, will the company have access to those items.

thanks
    10-31-08 09:32 AM
    BES admins control just about every aspect of a phone, so I would assume they can read the contents of a media card, but I don't know for sure. There are several BES admins in the forums. One of them can probably give you a definitive answer. You can always remove your card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD