Can I do this over the air, take it to a Verizon store, etc?
    12-01-08 05:49 AM
    And I use a Mac at home, so I am not sure if I can download it through a Mac.
    12-01-08 05:54 AM
    You won't be able to push the update over the air and Mac is unable to load software.the store is going to be useless they will look at you like you have three heads and tell you to call tech support. I have the same problem I am running 4.3.0.60 on my pearl and am eagerly waiting to upgrade on one of my coworkers lap top

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 06:45 AM
    *bump*

My VZW Curve is still running 4.3. Is there a way to get 4.5 over the air, or do I need to download it and upgrade?

Thanks.
    12-05-08 10:00 AM
    Can I do this over the air, take it to a Verizon store, etc?
    FIRST - check your carrier's website to see if they have the upgrade for your specific BB. If not, do a search on CB for this question.
    12-05-08 10:02 AM
    *bump*

My VZW Curve is still running 4.3. Is there a way to get 4.5 over the air, or do I need to download it and upgrade?

Thanks.
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    12-07-08 11:10 AM
    Search Verizons web site for the update. I believe it will have to be done to computer though. Whole process takes about 30-45 mins.

12-07-08 02:05 PM
    Actually RIM's website has the update on it and it does have to be done on the computer, and takes, like the poster above me said, 30-45 mins.
    12-07-08 02:10 PM
    We just had this same situation with a Mac-based user needing to go from 4.3 to 4.5. Our office has both Macs and PCs so it was not an issue for us to do the upgrade using Desktop Manager on one of the PCs. But if we did not have PCs, it might have become a bigger problem as the local Verizon store said they would not be able to assist.
    12-07-08 06:10 PM
    To answer the questions asked.

No, you cannot upgrade over the Air.

No, you cannot upgrade at a store.

No, you cannot upgrade on a MAC.

The only way to do it is via a PC.
    12-08-08 11:00 AM
    You can do it on a PC without downloading the whole DM program off the blackberry website. So if you can get your hands an a PC with Internet Explorer you should be fine. I had to go through this whole process yesterday. Someday RIM will admit that Macs exist.

12-08-08 11:50 AM
    Is it worth the effort to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5? I am noe to BB and have never done this, looks easy, but is it worth the effort?
    12-10-08 09:17 PM
    Is it worth the effort to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5? I am noe to BB and have never done this, looks easy, but is it worth the effort?
    Depends on what's valuable to you..

Benefits of 4.5:

- more (and in my opinion, better) themes available

BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest (H)
    Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
    Voice note recording (H)
    Video recording on Curve models (H)
    Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H)
    Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo (H)
    Native format attachment downloading (S)
    HTML e-mails (S) - (this alone was worth it for me)
    Over-the-air device upgrades (S)
    Free/busy calendar lookup (S)
    Searching the server for old e-mail messages (S)
    12-11-08 08:24 AM
    Thanks pepper, good info for a BB newbie.
    12-12-08 12:03 AM
    cptmgn, I noticed that you recently joined us.

Welcome to CB!

Please feel free to ask questions. Addicts are always willing to help.

Enjoy your addiction™
    12-12-08 05:19 AM
    And for RIM's official what's new in OS 4.5, here's a link to their website:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software
    12-12-08 05:20 AM
    Here is the real link for the latest released version of OS 4.5 http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...anguage-85685/. This comes from another Forum Moderator joe003's link points to the never never land of 8300 and you have an 8130 so the software he suggests will never work on your phone.

To upgrade you OS I suggest that you read this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/. I also suggest that you donwload my free program CrackMem from the link in my signatyre. If you read the Help text, it will guide you through the upgrade process.
    12-12-08 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD