Does anyone know what I need to do to deactivate my curve so I can sell it? The account it is on is still active (I am giving it to my youngest niece) but she does NOT need a bb so I bought her a motorola flip phone which doesn't arrive until after Thanksgiving. Do I just deactivate it on My Verizon? or Do I have to call VZW & ask them to take them phone out of the system. The guy wants to buy my curve TONIGHT so I need to know what to do ASAP. Thanks!!
    11-24-08 03:12 PM
    WIPE Device. Search this thread becuase I know I just put the direction this AM.
    11-24-08 03:38 PM
    go to options/security/general settings hit the menu button then wipe handheld
    11-24-08 03:45 PM
    I wasn't actually referring to that aspect of it. I know very well how to wipe the device lol. What I needed to know was how do I deactivate the phone so the guy can go ahead & activate it on his account. He already has VZW. Thanks anyway.
    11-24-08 03:53 PM
    ##000000 Send. Put in 0 (Zeros) for everything you see in there that's your phone number (every listing). Then Menu and Save. Let it restart and check it again to make sure it's changed. When you hit Phone once now, your My Number should be all Zeros if you did this correct.

That's it. As long as you moved your BIS pin into to your Storm, there's nothing else you need to do.
    11-24-08 04:58 PM
    I moved my BIS over to my Storm already but I will do that sequence you suggested when I get home tonight. This will save me from having to call VZW right? EITHER WAY YOU ROCK JRS!!!!
    11-24-08 06:09 PM
    JRS by doing this, I do not think it will change the ESN in the billing system. When the buyer goes to activate the ESN the device will not program as it will show on another account.
    11-24-08 07:10 PM
    JRS by doing this, I do not think it will change the ESN in the billing system. When the buyer goes to activate the ESN the device will not program as it will show on another account.
    The ESN was already released from the VZW system when he changed service on his account. As long as he changed service on the phone number on the Curve over to the Storm, the Curve's ESN was released from the billing system and is no longer tied to a number (except on the local programming on the phone). That's what he's going in to change with my procedure. In all actuality, he could just sell it like it is now, but I'm sure he probably doesn't want his number out there. That's the only reason to do the ##000000.
    11-24-08 09:10 PM
    Got ya, missed the part about the storm change. You are correct thanks
    11-24-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD