I tried putting in the user tools disc but it just shows a blank screen...
    07-03-09 04:09 PM
    from what i understand you cant!!! blackberry and macs are not compatible what so ever
    07-03-09 04:22 PM
    You can, but not with RIM software.

It might've been nice if you'd

A) Looked in the Storm/device forums for the answer.

B) Looked just a few down in this forum where you wouldve found the same question in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/tet...acbook-258987/.

You wouldn't have even needed Search - just a scroll down to a thread about six below this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 04:32 PM
    Dont be a **** twin
    07-03-09 04:49 PM
    You can, but not with RIM software.

It might've been nice if you'd

A) Looked in the Storm/device forums for the answer.

B) Looked just a few down in this forum where you wouldve found the same question in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/tet...acbook-258987/.

You wouldn't have even needed Search - just a scroll down to a thread about six below this one.

2 posts man... 2 posts and you give him/her crap. And you wonder why people who aren't familiar with the site or the culture here don't like to ask questions.... The problem isn't new folks who don't use search as much as they'll find they can. It's people who jump down a noobs throat for no reason... aka you, in this case. Try to answer questions helpfully and teach what what you can, and then point out that there's a search feature that can help them out. Or just ignore it if it bothers you. Either way, get over yourself.
    07-03-09 05:49 PM
    2 posts man... 2 posts and you give him/her crap. And you wonder why people who aren't familiar with the site or the culture here don't like to ask questions.... The problem isn't new folks who don't use search as much as they'll find they can. It's people who jump down a noobs throat for no reason... aka you, in this case. Try to answer questions helpfully and teach what what you can, and then point out that there's a search feature that can help them out. Or just ignore it if it bothers you. Either way, get over yourself.
    Twins wasn't giving him/her a hard time. He was just simply pointing out that a search (or just looking around a bit) would have revealed the answer. When I first got my Storm (and before I registered) I too wanted to know how to tether my Berry to my Mac but I knew someone probably had posted about it. I searched and found my answer.

Before you join a forum try to look around a bit to try and get a feel for how things work before you post. It's simple internet forum etiquette and doesn't just apply to CB. The OP will have to grow thicker skin if they took offense to Twins remarks.

I know I'm not the only one that feels we are going in circles constantly answering the same questions over and over again.
    07-03-09 08:45 PM
    I tried putting in the user tools disc but it just shows a blank screen...
    Plug the usb cable into your Mac then plug the other end into your Blackberry.

Seriously:
    Might try the Mac forum or the Storm forum. There you will find a lot of useful information about your problem.
    07-04-09 12:49 PM
    download pocketmac

bingo
    07-04-09 01:00 PM
    Hey, ya dope - see the tagline that indicates I was posting from a mobile phone?

YOU try seeing the number of posts someone has made, or their join date, or their signature, in mobile view.

You need to get over yourself - not me.

07-05-09 06:08 AM
    Honestly if the OP expects to be a member of this community they need to expect a bit of brash bluntness and grow a pair. I've learned to do this. the OP needs to do the same. Sorry, if Twins came off that way... but hey, he calls it as he sees it.
    07-05-09 01:08 PM
    KaliDhi,

I am sorry for my fellow posters that didn't want to be helpful. There is NO truth to the incompatibility of Macs and Blackberries. There are quite a few solutions depending on what you're looking to do. Some are free, some are not - and some do not work very well. It's not perfect, but it isn't bad.

Syncing: iCal Calendar, Address Book: My recommendation is something call Spanning Sync. Just Google the name or put a w w w in front....and a dot com after... This syncs your Mac to Google Calendar and Google Mail's address book. It is not free but it is reliable and quite trouble free.
    ....Next...
    Syncing: Google Calendar/Address book wirelessly to your Storm... Go to Google dot com, select "more" and again "even more". Sign up for a Google Mail and Google Calendar - free. Then on your Blackberry go to m dot google dot com (I can't post links yet). Download Google Sync (free). Then follow all setup directions.

At this point, you have two way wireless syncing between your Blackberry and your Mac - through Google. This will update automatically!

For Music and Video, I am using Missing Sync. It has issues. I have been reading about Doubletwist (same name on their website...). Seems good, and I think it's free. I believe this is a USB Solution. Also on the Blackberry dot com site there is a program Media Sync - follow the top tab "Software" to where you'll see Media Sync. I tried this a while back and it seems to work well - HOWEVER, be careful what other software you load - I know that this program and Missing Sync can not be on the same Mac - they cause each other issues.

Next come Tasks, Notes, Folders. I am using Missing Sync - I am having some issues with it. On the other hand, I tried going back to the program PocketMac, and this didn't work well at all. I dislike Missing Sync as it is, but PocketMac has been nothing but problems.

For connecting your BB to your Mac to use as a modem, there is a program available - just search Modem and Mac on here and you'll find it.

Good luck!

Paul

I hope this help!
    07-05-09 01:43 PM
    I gave an option...
    Pocketmac...
    Although good call with google sync!
    Looooove it.
    07-05-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD