how doi block certain numbers from calling me.
    08-28-09 05:48 PM
    Go to New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless - sign into your My Verizon account (or register if you haven't done so).

Then My Services Tab > Verizon Safe Guards (menu to left) > Spam Controls

You can enter up to 5 numbers for free.
    08-28-09 06:36 PM
    Provided you'll need more than 5, there are several apps out there too that allows you to block specific, private/unknown & 800 numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 11:28 PM
    What Apps block calls? All the ones I have used only sends them to VM without ringing your phone and that is not blocking the call to me. I want an app that won't ring your phone and won't send callers to VM.

08-29-09 06:42 AM
    I tried the call block apps the are not worth crap ,and I believe that should be free with a so called smartphone .Anyhow I just made a contact list with a silent ringtone and call it" do not answear"

08-29-09 06:57 AM
    Also you have to have a feature on your verizon account that allows you to create the blocks. If you have trouble notbeing able to add them you can call verizon and add the "call & message blocking" feature to your account.
    09-07-09 11:33 PM
    Also you have to have a feature on your verizon account that allows you to create the blocks. If you have trouble notbeing able to add them you can call verizon and add the "call & message blocking" feature to your account.
    What? No you don't. To simply block numbers from calling you, then it is already included in Spam Controls.

From the VZW website.

What are Spam Controls?
    Spam Controls enable you to block unwanted messages. Spam Controls consist of two services, Call & Message Blocking and Internet Spam Controls. Verizon Wireless provides these free features to block certain phone numbers and internet addresses from contacting you.

In order to enable Usage Controls, then you will need to subscribe to that for $4.99.

Towlie, please stop posting incorrect information.
    09-07-09 11:38 PM
    Only a rep will see this. No customer will know that the feature is called "call & message blocking" Its under spam controls if you are a customer.
    09-08-09 09:51 AM
    I use call blocker pro. It does not allow people to leave a message. It just picks it up and hang up. It costs 2.99. The free app forwards the call to vmail.

09-08-09 09:59 AM
    I use call blocker pro. It does not allow people to leave a message. It just picks it up and hang up. It costs 2.99. The free app forwards the call to vmail.

If I had more enemies/crazy exgirlfriends I would definately pay to know that everytime they called me it picked up then hung up
    09-08-09 10:00 AM

Yeah, but what if it's a call waiting? Does it ignore the call waiting?
    09-08-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD